Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Mountain Bike Size
  • hallz
    Free Member

Opinions please!

I know its best to get the right size bike to suit my height but there is a bike i have my eye on that is a 48cm frame and reduced from £3k to £2k.

Its a good saving but the ideal frame size for my height would be 43cm. Its a 5cm difference but at the end of the day i am spending two grand. How much of a difference is the extra height going to make to the way it rides?

Cheers

z1ppy

The difference can be huge, and the worst thing possible for “me” would be to buy a bike that the wrong size just because it’s a bargain.
    I’d personally rather pay more for one that fits.

It’s not just about the height of the frame, as the length will normally be increased for a bigger size, so you not only end up with one that too tall, it’ll potentially too long too.

unklehomered
    Free Member

If it was on the small size then you would get a really manouverable bike, but too big could just be unridable, especially on the more technical stuff.

5cm can be the equivelent of two sizes different. I know its not what you want to hear, but I recommend saving your money until something more suitable pops up.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

massive difference all across the range, find the bike and try it or check the nearly new e-bay prices to see how much you will loose

hallz
    Free Member

Thanks guys that pretty much makes up my mind!

Much appreciated!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Mountain Bike Size’ is closed to new replies.