Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Mountain Bike Nicked As The Rider Lay Unconcious
  • barca
    Free Member

I've just heard this on Radio 5.
    Somebody was test riding a mountain bike in the Malvern Hills and has had the bike stolen while they lay unconcious!
    That's a bit of a bugger!
    They didn't give much detail and I can't find any reference to it on the net (limited work access).
    A big headache and no bike. An arse of a day.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I am surprised he wasnt knifed whilst he lay there.

Isnt that the done thing these days, if someone is defenceless thats just an invite to inflict even more harm.

Airwolf
    Free Member

What happened?
    Did he crash or was he drunk?

barca
    Free Member

Dunno' what happened Airwolf. I'm going to have a stab at he's banged his head at some point?

grumm
    Free Member

Isnt that the done thing these days, if someone is defenceless thats just an invite to inflict even more harm.

Yes because that's what happens in the vast majority of cases isn't it. It would be extremely surprising if people just stopped to help, called mountain rescue etc. 🙄

mattk
    Free Member

You telling me you've never thought of doing that?

Taking a posh new test bike out for a ride and returning empty handed, "Oh sorry Mr Orange/Gary fisher/Mr Trek, i got bashed on the head and now the bikes gone"

disclaimer – Unless of course he was testing his own bike, in which case i hope the bike turns up soon, and the culprit has a nasty accident.

grievoustim
    Free Member

mattk

It must make me a bad man, but as soon as I saw it was a test bike I thought the same thing

barca
    Free Member

"You telling me you've never thought of doing that?"

If I had of thought of it, I'd have also thought straight after it "I better take my cheque book 'cos they're going to make me pay for it"

I see a minor problem with your suggestion.

I still can't find any mention of it on the news websites. I might have made it up but I don't think I did.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

TheLittlestHobo – Member

Deary me 🙄

Here, I've got your copy of the Daily Wail.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

errr…….

no?

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Isnt that why most shops swipe your credit card before you take the bike. So that if it doesnt come back they just charge it to you.

With regards to reading daily mail etc, how about climbing down from your high horse over an off the cuff comment in jest. Although i seem to have read about some rather bizzarre muggings for peoples bikes involving some extreme physical violence from links on these very pages so maybe your comment should read

'here, ive got you a copy of stw'

Drac

Maybe the thief thought he was asleep?

Not that makes it right of course.

mattk
    Free Member

Give them a fake credit card and ID?

Not that i condone it or am planning such a devious heist, but it wouldn't be too hard to get away with surely.

barca
    Free Member

Ahhh, bike and rider reunited. It was given back as it was "a pig". Blue I believe

Sorry Mr Richards and the disciples of all things Mr Richards esque. I have no experience of your products, I'm just jumping on the STW bandwaggon.

Stoner
    Free Member

However real and down wiv da kids it gets in malvern (westside), I reckon getting knifed is pretty unlikely 🙂

I imagine it was someone demoing one of Paul's bikes from Back-on-track. Hmmm, he's just got a Ragley Ti in for demo – maybe somone wanted one really badly. It could be an STWer! 😮

if the truth doesnt out by then, I shall go and ask him on Friday.

😉

EDIT: ahh in which case monksie it probably wasnt an STWer 😉

all good news!

Stoner
    Free Member
    Drac

I'm not surprised he's doesn't want to be named it's all rather embarrassing for him, who'd want to have published that they were riding a Whyte.

uplink
    Free Member

Give them a fake credit card and ID?

If they did that why on earth would they need to then fake a mugging – surely they'd just pedal into the sunset? 😀

sharki
    Free Member

Ooops! just started another thread about this very incident..

jimmy

falkirk-mark

I find it surprising that someone would take a bike when someone was unconscious. If he snuffed it then the cops would have a dead body and a blow to the head with a missing expensive bike (murder charge anyone)

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

You telling me you've never thought of doing that?

Really, no never. If someone is hurt they need help not mugging!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Mountain Bike Nicked As The Rider Lay Unconcious’ is closed to new replies.