Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Mountain Bike Guide in the Lakes?
  • mrchrist

Hi – can anybody suggest a mountain bike guide they know of or have used in the lakes please?

Or maybe you are a guide, please get in touch.

Cheers,
    Christian

cvilla

For general info it may be worth clarifiying what you are after in terms of dates and times, one day or a week, weekend, etc. Can you be flexible on dates or is it for a fixed holiday period or are you indeed local? and is it for a group or individual? Always more questions 🙂
    and presume a paid guide? Do you want / need someone formally qualified (mountain leader, 1st aid, etc) or not. Try Cyclewise at Whinlatter or wait for someone on here to contact you, good luck.

woody2000

A friend of mine has a guiding company up there, give him a buzz

http://www.lake-district-guiding.co.uk/

BrickMan

argh, I used to ride with a guy who does this!

Think he was called Matt? 30 something, runs a light blue VW T4, has a name for his business. Often he just does backup/support for c2c folk, but he gets a few weeks a year of proper guiding in. He might have accom too?
    He’s based in Great Broughton, nr Cockermouth. I could literally point you at his house (if he still lives there) but that doesn’t help.
    Ring Adam @ FourPlay cycles in Cockermouth, he might know his contact details. As I say, I think its ‘Matt’ but don’t quote me on that.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Try cycle active they do guiding out there.

justinbieber

Give this man a call: http://www.lakedistrictmountainbiking.co.uk/

He’s a top bloke and can tailor rides to your needs (in spite of what the website says)

BrickMan

ahh ^^ Mr.Savage. yeah he’s a good bloke too.

Caldbeck/Mungrisdale back of skiddaw is a pretty bleak but epic area, in summer there are some Alpine rivalling sheep single tracks that go on for miles, super narrow, super smooth & flowy or steep and technical if you fancy, but its REALLY hard to find let alone link together, local knowledge is a must!

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

+1 for cycleactive

headfirst
    Free Member

bookmarking for future reference!

seosamh77
    Free Member

mountain bike guide = OS map+google surely? 😀

anagallis_arvensis

map and advice would be cheaper no? I always found taking a map into Keswick Mountainbikes worked.

BrickMan

^^^ depends who you get @ KMB. You’ll either get a friendly welcome and infinite useful knowledge, or scowled at until you leave their shop for no apparent reason.

Theres stacks of riding around, but knowing which direction to go on various sections is the all important part.

brooess
    Free Member

Cycleactive

Give Jon or Rich a call – both top notch riders and top notch guides. They know the place inside out and very customer focussed in terms of making sure you have a good time…

d45yth
    Free Member

Buy this instead. You can buy it on a cd, it’s a bit cheaper and has all the routes on as pdf’s…then you can just print which route you want instead of carrying the book.
    Vertebrate Graphics

rickmeister

Get a map, read a book, have an adventure, the Lakes isnt that far from civilisation… Biketreks, Wheelbase and Cyclewise are all great.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

+1 for cyclewise

mrchrist

The guide isn’t for me, I can read a map and all that.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Mountain Bike Guide in the Lakes?’ is closed to new replies.