Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Mountain bike fashion
  • chuffer
    Free Member

Are we as bothered about how we look as roadies? Other than the post- ride pub visit, most of my mates don’t care.

foxyrider
    Free Member

[sits back with biscuit and a cuppa] 😉

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Non cyclists think we look stupid anyway, so it doesn’t matter what you wear.

zippykona

What is it with that bloke in mbuk with those long black socks?
    Wrong,wrong,wrong.

binners

Mountain bike fashion?

An oxymoron, surely? You stand as much chance of looking cool on a bike as you would lying in a vat of baked beans. Its inherently spoddy and uncool. Thank god!!!

terrahawk
    Free Member

I go out on the MTB looking like a bag o shite. A bit colour coordinated maybe, but not bothered about wearing dirty stuff.

Road bike? I wear a very carefully-chosen ensemble at all times. I reckon matching kit makes one faster.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Loads of fashion involved – baggies / tights/ 29ers / camelbacks/ etc etc

Pieface

Despite the ‘we look a nob to joe public’ there is a lot of fashion in MTB.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Might I suggest you review the work of the renowned paragon of the sartorial arts that is BikerFox……

lunge

Less fashion, more uniform.

Sterotypically roadie’s wear lycra, white shoes and helmets without peaks. TTers wear skin suits and overshoes.

MTBers wear baggie shorts, technical t-shirts and helmets with peaks. They also where full finger gloves and backpacks.

ac282

There’s far more fashion in MTB than on the road.
    Just look at the number of lycra vs baggies threads

chuffer
    Free Member

Methinks terrahawk sums it up very nicely…

user-removed
    Free Member

I went for a two day biking trip to the Lakes, camping, and a mutual friend expressed concern about where he was going to plug his hair straighteners in. True story. Even worse, was that some of the other lads took his concern seriously and began speculating about possible plug sockets in the shower block 😡

MrSmith
    Free Member

seems most MTB fashion is designed to cover up middle aged sedentary beerguts. well that’s what i see a fair bit of on the surrey hills

z1ppy

seems most MTB fashion is designed to cover up middle aged sedentary beergut

Yes totally agree, thank god for fashion 😀

coastkid
    Free Member

Its not as bad as Golfers 😆

greeble
    Free Member

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Mountain bike fashion’ is closed to new replies.