Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Mountain Bike clubs in Rossendale/Ramsbottom?
  • thejollybodger
    Free Member

Hello, First post alert 🙂

Just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction? Started Mountain biking 6 months ago, lost a load of weight in the process and built up my skill levels a little after not riding a bike for 15 years.

To be honest, I’m getting a bit bored with going out on my own now and am looking for a group in the Rossendale/Ramsbottom area in Lancashire that wouldn’t mind someone tagging along?

I’ve searched the forum and noticed a few organised rides in ramsbottom, but these were earlier in the year and not seen anything since..

If anyone can point my to a club site, Facebook page or whatever it’d be appreciated.

Cheers,
    Lee

goatster
    Free Member

Bob down to leisure lakes bury, say hello and get your number on the phone list. Rides every Wednesday and Sunday mornings. Can be fun, full on techy or drunk depending..

thejollybodger
    Free Member

Cool, thanks – will give them a bell. 🙂

v12jat
    Free Member

do they do any rides from ride on? think they used to years ago anyway? might be worth givin em a bell! also check out rossendale road clubs website im not 100 percent if they do anything mtb related, but some RRC lads race xc and cross when i have!!

james

globalti
    Free Member

Also ask Andy at Ride On, I think they go out as well.

Harry_the_Spider

I think a bunch meet at The Hare and Hounds.

Keep an eye out on here also.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

There is a Thursday night ride from the Hare and Hounds

19:30, bring beer money. Has been a bit erratic of late

Ranger rules.

Harry_the_Spider

Sometimes we do group rides in Prestwich which is only a 15 minute drive away.

RustySpanner

Ranger rules.

Yeah man, he rocks, that Ranger.

Err, pardon my friends ignorance, but what are Ranger rules? 😀

philfive
    Free Member

I’m in accrington jollybodger but I normally ride in the lakes. Walna scar road next Saturday 🙂

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Ranger rules……

Leave no-one behind

Have you not seen Blackhawk Down?

Harry_the_Spider

Very good. 😀

The Prestwich rules are similar. Nobody gets dropped unless

a) We mess up at the traffic lights (sorry again) or

b) You are a ####.

RustySpanner

big_n_daft – Member

Ranger rules……

Leave no-one behind
    Ah, thanks.
    Nice to know.

Have you not seen Blackhawk Down?

Not into ornithology, sorry.
    I have seen goose down, but I’ve covered the hole with gaffa tape now.

Harry_the_Spider

Playmobil Blackhawk Down.

grum
    Free Member

Isn’t binners local to there? If you want to end up in the pub a lot go for a ride round there it might be worth looking him up.

RustySpanner

I’ll see your Playmobil ‘Blackhawk Down’ and raise you a LEGO
    ‘The Shining’:

big_n_daft
    Free Member

b) You are a ####.

Looks like I’m not invited then

H&H rides have always been open to all, group ebb’s and flows as does speed and distance and volume of beer

RustySpanner

I got dropped on the last Prestwich night ride 🙁

I think they’re trying to tell me something 😀

Harry_the_Spider

I got dropped on the last Prestwich night ride

Did you?

If so I need to add a c)

c) We screwed up.

RustySpanner

It was more lost than dropped 😀

I just lost sight of Derek’s rear light and took the wrong turn near Pilkingtons.

Still made it to the pub before closing. 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

OK

d) You screwed up.

RustySpanner

Yep. 😀

Only ridden that section a couple of hundred times. 😐

Managed to get lost about five miles from home the other day too.
    Bit embarrasing asking for directions when it turns out you can actually see your own house at the time. 🙂

ChrisW
    Free Member

Harry & Rusty,

Let me know when you are next planning a group ride in Prestwich, It would be good to meet some local riders.

Are night lights a must?

Regards,
    Chris

binners

jollybodger – we night ride every week around Rammy or Rivington, and we’re usually out at the weekends too. You’re more than welcome to tag along wiht us

Drop me a mail (email in profile) and I’ll keep you posted. Wednesday nights are our usual

big_n_daft – I think we finished a Thursday night ride at the H&H a few weeks ago, when you lot were in there

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

A couple of us ride most wednesdays about six and sundays ,let me know if you fancy either or can show you trails by arrangent on other days if around.Theres plenty of good trails to explore

ben10
    Free Member

Hi lee im in hasllingden myself if your after someone to ride with im more than happy to meet i ride at lee qurry and gisburn and some times near peel tower but am looking for somthing new. Message me if interest

thejollybodger
    Free Member

Hiya,

Thanks for all the responses, I’ll get in touch soon.

Lee

philfive
    Free Member

we should have an accrington MTB club. I drive up the lakes in my van most weekends on my own.

gonzy
    Free Member

there used to be organised rides every wednesday night from the back of ride on years ago, it wasn’t anything official but more a case of a group of riders going out using the shop as the start and end point.
    i dont think theyve done anything like that for a few years but i think they now meet up at lee quarry most wednesday evenings for a play about.
    you’re better off popping into the shop and speaking to jan, anthony, andy or craig.

Harry_the_Spider

Are night lights a must?

Only if it is dark.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

http://www.woollybacks.co.uk are st helens based but ride out all over lancashire and are great set of lads to ride with…..

myorangecrush
    Free Member

Not sure if its been mentioned but the boggtrotters ride in your area. http://www.boggtrotters.org.uk.

nice peeps and lots of fun. Usually a saturday and sunday ride depending on your tolerance of mud rain and grit.

ChrisW
    Free Member

Only if it is dark.

Yeah, thanks Harry I see your point. I should get some bought as over the last few days I’m not sure I saw any sun at all.

Let me know when you next planning a ride in Prestwich, it would be good to learn some of the trails.

Chris

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Mountain Bike clubs in Rossendale/Ramsbottom?’ is closed to new replies.