Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Mountain Bike Adventure Portugal. A belter.
  • timnwild

Just got back from a week in Lagos – here’s what we got:

4 days uplifted shuttle runs down 4 different natural trails
    1 day guided XC across the clifftops and back
    Coffee in the cafe before starting
    Lunch at the trailside, with cake
    Great photos
    Skills advice
    Lots of encouragement

The techy, rocky, steep trails in Monchique were right on the edge of what I can do – lots of heart-in-mouth, get the weight back and roll it stuff, the odd gratifying jump and drop, tons of grippy rock and great views. Plus all the satisfaction of nailing something on the 4th run that made me cack myself on the 1st one.

And here’s the belter – all that, with accommodation, for 400 euros. Best antidote to the winter blues I’ve ever had.

Cheers fellas.

beano68
    Free Member

Nice one bud, sounds like a cracking trip for the price 😀

MSP

Who did you do this with? I have been looking for some winter options.

sandwicheater

Some of these ‘great photos’ or it didn’t happen.

grum
    Free Member

Yup, photos and details please. 🙂

Mbnut
    Free Member

http://www.themountainbikeadventure.com/

I assume it was with these guys.

Friends have been and have nothing but good things to say.

How did you do it for 400euros… did you fly with your bike?

Milkie
    Free Member

Only an hour away from my Dads! :mrgreen: Awesome! I will be checking this out for sure!

timnwild

It was with The Mountain Bike Adventure, and the $400 euros was before flights – I flew from Gatwick to Faro with Sleazyjet and paid about £170 with the bike.

photos

tobsters
    Free Member

I’ve also did some rides with The Mountain Bike Adventure in October a few years ago and really enjoyed it. Its not like the alps, but fun all the same. I took my Bfe and felt it was about perfect.

The mountains were great fun, but beyond the amazing views, I found the cliff top ride a bit unchallenging, and the ability of the group was a bit ‘mixed’. That said, I was by myself, so had to really fit in with what was already scheduled for the day. I also appreciate that trails and companies can change significantly in three years, so this may no longer be relevant feedback.

Lagos is also a great town, and is a decent option if, like me, you have an other half who would rather sit on a beach… You can ride every other day whilst they sun themselves, then spend the other days doing stuff together.

samunkim
    Free Member

Try to fit a race in whilst you are out there.
    They proper good fun. Most of the fast guys are roadies slumming it, so fast on climbs and crap on anything more techical than a farm track but the mass starts (with 1/2 mile of cheering crowds)really get the adrenalin going..

Loads of different distances for families too.

http://btt.epalte.pt/início

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Mountain Bike Adventure Portugal. A belter.’ is closed to new replies.