Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Mouldy conservatory
  • stem
    Free Member

So, I have a conservatory and in it we tend to put out clothes for drying because the rest of the house doesn’t really have space with kids, bikes, toys, etc.

That’s fine in summer but now it’s cold up here in the sunny north, it doesn’t works so well and it’s getting mouldy in there. I know that the answer is to dry clothes elsewhere (or the tumble drier!!) but i’d really like to be able to keep them in the conservatory if possible.

It is heated but obviously it’s a conservatory and it gets cold when the heat’s not on.

Could I fit an extract fan to help or maybe a dehumidifier? Any suggestions? Ideally something that won’t costs a fortune to run would be good!

Thanx all!

wwaswas

Dehumidifier. Make sure you check and empty it regularly.

freeagent
    Free Member

+1 for dehumidifier – however you need to make sure all the windows are closed.

stem
    Free Member

Thanks. Any links or suggestions on whihc dehumidifiers – would be interested to hear what they cost to run? Is it less than a tumvle drier?

stem
    Free Member

Windows will be closed 🙂 🙂

muddy9mtb

set your conservatory up like a drying room, heat the room but extract the moisture. are you saying your against a tumble? a condensing tumble dryer will do that more efficiently than a dehumd on it’s own?

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve got one of the EcoAirs recommended on the other thread and it’s very good for drying laundry. Originally bought it to dry out a very soggy car, and it did a fantastic job.

sharkbait
    Free Member

If you’re going to run a dehumidifier surely you may as well run a tumble drier (if you have the space)?
    If you put a condensing one in the conservatory it will probably also heat the room.

project
    Free Member

Customer last year large conservatory, wooden roof joists and frame, water was condensing on glass roof running down and rotted the wooden joists at the joint with the uprights, result a totally new roof and new window frames probably.

Use a Dehumidifier,and get one you can attach an over flow hose to and dril hole to outside, conect with a piece of hose pipe, no need to ever empty it then.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Mouldy conservatory’ is closed to new replies.