Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Motorola Moto G – 2nd Gen or 1st Gen LTE?
  • mrjmt
    Free Member

Think I’m going to pick one of these up, bit confused though.

I know the LTE bit is 4G (well I think so anyway).

But the newer 2nd gen one doesn’t seem to have LTE?

I’ll be keeping it for a couple of years, so may end up on 4G at some point in the future. Will I loose out on anything by going for a 1st gen LTE over the new 2nd gen not-LTE?

Northwind

There’s a Moto G 4G (ie moto g 2), IIRC it’s also the one with the removable SD card.

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

The 2nd gen is quite a bit bigger than 1st.gen LTE so that may sway you one way or the other. I really like my 1st gen. LTE, camera is a bit cack but the rest is pretty good. 2nd gen camera is better apparently but the screen pixel count is the same as ist gen. so may not be as crisp.

mrjmt
    Free Member

There’s a Moto G 4G (ie moto g 2), IIRC it’s also the one with the removable SD card.

Aye, thats the 1st gen one.

The 2nd gen is quite a bit bigger than 1st.gen LTE so that may sway you one way or the other. I really like my 1st gen. LTE, camera is a bit cack but the rest is pretty good. 2nd gen camera is better apparently but the screen pixel count is the same as ist gen. so may not be as crisp.

This seems to be the main thing between the two, that the camera is crap on the 1st gen but just a bit less crap on the 2nd.

Also, seem to read that 2nd gen has less bloatware?

GeForceJunky

I have no experience of the Gen1, but I’m loving my Gen2.

Gen2:
    Bigger screen
    Dual sim
    Better camera

LTE:
    4G
    Smaller phone

Battery life is probably similar, bigger screen uses slightly more power but so does 4G. Gen2 is quite a large phone, but it is very light, so you need a big pocket, but you don’t notice it much.

I wouldn’t go for a Gen1 non LTE if you want to store any music or videos as it has no microSD slot, but is otherwise another more bargain option.

mrjmt
    Free Member

I did have a sony xperia Z, which was a similar size to the 2nd Gen.

Think I’ll go with the 2nd gen.

Not too bothered about 4G as it’ll be on wifi at home and work and think the 2nd gen looks a bit nicer, less space below the bottom of the screen.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Motorola Moto G – 2nd Gen or 1st Gen LTE?’ is closed to new replies.