Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Motorhome parking at Glentress, where abouts?
  • mikeep
    Free Member

Has anyone every parked their motorhome at Glentress and stayed overnight?

If so, where did you park it?

Cheers.

BoardinBob

Do you want to use a proper campsite? If so then the glentress forest lodges have hookups etc.

bigjim

dogging or non dogging?

BoardinBob

Motor homes also park up for the night at the tweed green car park in Peebles

scotroutes

Using the forest lodge area gives you access to the toilets/showers and kitchen/dining room.

I’ve done it with my van and thought it was worth paying for it. There wasn’t a problem using the facilities after a days riding and before setting off either.

damascus
    Free Member

You also save on parking if you stay there. It’s a great camping site, ride straight from the site

hels
    Free Member

As a local person can I say that I really wish you wouldn’t. Pay for a campsite ! As least put something back to the local economy. I go running early some mornings and the Kingsmeadows carpark looks like the jungle at Calais. Just don’t.

geoffj

Kingsmeadows carpark looks like the jungle at Calais

I doubt that very much.

BoardinBob

go running early some mornings and the Kingsmeadows carpark looks like the jungle at Calais. Just don’t.

Eh?

I park up there regularly in the camper. It’s always immaculate, the people in vans keep to themselves. The only social inconvenience is the boy racer brigade who pull up every so often

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Borders NIMBYism at it’s finest there Hels! 😆

hels
    Free Member

I’ll take a photo next time… Eventually the council will close the facilities when they realise people are staying overnight, as they did when all the “free-campers*” set up at the top of the Meldons. So the local community loses out.

Pay for a campsite you miserable sods !

* and yes that is a euphemism.

“keep to themselves” – do they do that when you aren’t there bob ?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Kingsmeadows carpark looks like the jungle at Calais

I doubt that very much.

Is your doubt due to the fact that :

Jungle is Massive!

IGMC. Booyaka.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Lol! I need to use somewhere with facilities anyway, as a day riding is usually followed by a real ale or 2, which combined with waking up to a cold borders morning, means I really need some facilities…. 😳 😆

BoardinBob

“keep to themselves” – do they do that when you aren’t there bob ?

I don’t know. You must be confusing me with The Amazing Psychic Bob

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Motorhome parking at Glentress, where abouts?’ is closed to new replies.