Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Motorhead
  • s
    Free Member

Derby tonight?

Anyone seen them on the 2010 tour?

Finger’s on the “buyitnow” for O2 Apollo, Manchester?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Going on 25 to see them in Leeds – it is meant to be a pretty decent tour.

bellerophon
    Free Member

Going on 25 to see them in Leeds

now you’re beginning to annoy me 😉

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Saw them the other year at the Foo’s Hyde Park gig, added bonus of Brody Dalle and Juliette Lewis joining Lemmy fir vocals on Ace of Spades!!! Lemmy is a LegEnd, Fact!!!

Milkie
    Free Member

Motorhead – Ace of Spades Accoustic – Free Download

I hope they bring out an album like the accoustic version of Ace of Spades.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

now you’re beginning to annoy me

8)

uplink
    Free Member

I saw them at a 24hr bike race in Southern France about 25 years ago
    On the same bill as the Stranglers

Lemmy got himself into a bottle throwing contest with some of the crowd 😆

DaveGr
    Free Member

Saw them a few years ago supporting Alice Cooper. Very poor and sound was awfull. Not like the Ace of Spades tour. Now that was a TOP night out 🙂

addy6402

I saw them in 1990 at the Hummingbird in Birmingham. Brutal!

flip
    Free Member

I saw them in 2006? at the Hummingbird when it had become the Academy, awesome!!

tony_m
    Free Member

Used to go to one or two shows every tour, but hadn’t seen them for a good few years until last Friday night in Blackburn. Can’t say I remember paying £26 plus fees when I saw them there 30 years ago (Ace Up Your Sleeve tour, Nov. 7th 1980), but I guess that’s the way of the world. 🙄

Even more disappointingly, they weren’t bouncing the Bomber rig off the top of the PA stacks this time like they did back then, partly because PA stacks just ain’t that big anymore, but mainly because they didn’t bring the Bomber with them… 🙁

Edric64
    Free Member

Lemmy might have calmed down a bit he is nearly 65 now after all

I saw them twice at Bristol in 82 and 83

onewheelgood

I was at their very first gig at the Roundhouse in 1975. Utterly shambolic but strangely engaging.

mudmonster
    Free Member

Wow, you were at the first motorhead gig. I’m impressed. I didn’t get to see them until 1986. Took me the whole of bad news’s set to get to the front. Then my new ill fitting glasses fell off my face and ended up in the mud. Managed to grab them before they were moshed to oblivion. Now I normally hang around outside until the touts have had enough. I’ve got in very cheap and once for free.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Bomber was one of the first albums I owned at 13 in the late 1970s or very early 1980s, I still love the early Motorhead/On Parole/Overkill stuff, pre Ace of Spades, never bothered much listening to them after that. I went onto other post punk/goth stuff.

teagirl
    Free Member

Spouse going on Friday in Leeds, I wanted to go, but no, blurkes only!

lagerfanny
    Free Member

First saw them in June ’83 at the Brum Odeon for £4.50 !

Quite an odd gig, as the venue played Michael Jackson for half an hour before the band came on to then only play their newly released LP ‘Another Perfect Day’ and nothing else.

Seen them a few times since and very few command with such stage presence as Lemmy.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

First gig I went to was Iron Maiden on the Beast on the Road tour. Ticket price £3.75.

Just got tickets yesterday for the Iron Maiden tour. Ticket price £44.00

Android
    Free Member

I saw them in Southampton last night, Jesus it was loud, probably not helped by most of the auditorium being concrete. My ears are still ringing now.

bigyinn
    Free Member

You sods, decided not to see them this year due to £26 + boat fares would take my night out costs to around £40+.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

3 days to go for me 🙂

Ended up getting the tickets cheap on Fleebay.

bigyinn
    Free Member

git git git

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

EHEHE

They are the one band I loved in my youth I never got to see.

Going for a curry afterwards too.

tortoise5
    Free Member

I saw them in the eighties when Brian Robertson (Robinson??) was the guitarist.

They were **** abysmal.

Support act were a certain Anvil, who are still treading the boards. In fact there was quite an entertaining film about Anvil out a year or two back. Very ‘spinal tap’…

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Motorhead’ is closed to new replies.