Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Motorcyclist plunges 40ft from the Cat and Fiddle – gets up without a scratch
  • technicallyinept
    Free Member

Motorcyclist plunges 40ft from the Cat and Fiddle

The ‘action’ occurs around 2:30. Jesus! I wonder what the went through the car drivers head

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And don’t forget your booties, ’cause it’s coooooold outside!

DezB
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/another-very-lucky-biker

Ah that’s the longer video, which shows even more what a prat he is.

scaredypants

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    And don’t forget your booties, ’cause it’s coooooold outside!

Sure I’ve heard that before somewhere 😀

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Crossing the double whites on at least three occasions then publishing the evidence on the internet!

DezB
    Free Member

Where? What “internet”?

ton

sometimes some people deserve everything that they get.

Jamie
    Free Member

sometimes some people deserve everything that they get.

Indeed.

I mean, the cheek of it…reposting!

Burn him!

ton

doh!!!!!!! again today…. 😆

lemonysam
    Free Member

Bum him!

No thanks.

jock-muttley

Looks like he had an issue with thinking ahead on 3 counts

1)his riding
    The longer video demonstrates to me that the knobber’s effectively ‘racing’ the bike in front, got past them then to demonstrate how brilliant he is and how big his willy is and that ‘slow in – fast out is for pussies’.

Basically he couldn’t see the corner for the redmist.

2)the legal implications

I’ll give him some due for putting his hands up and saying I was a dickhead, but if I was him I’d have only posted the accident if I really must post anything about it and not the incidences of white line fever well beforehand, or actually in reality just STFU about the whole incident, chalk it up to experience and learn a big lesson from it.

3)the financial implications

Wonder what his insurance company will say about this admittance.

andybrad

agreed you can hear the bike and the fact that instead of being smooth he is thrashing it. If he had held back a little he could have passed the guy infront who was clearly knocking on a bit. but he was struggling.

2. yup hes done 6 points as a minumum.

3. depends if he claims.

Gawd i miss my bike.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Feel sorry for the car driver, seconds away from a huge crash and possibly worse.

Northwind

Just seemed to lose it completely, thing is he wasn’t even braking heavily before the corner, he just casually carried speed into it that he didn’t know what to do with, on a line he must have got free in a cracker. He didn’t look like he was racing the R1 though- looked more like they were out for a ride and he got fed up with his mate’s relaxed atttitude to passing the dude on the CBR, and decided to show him how it’s done.

I remember a post on visordown years back, from a chap who’d crashed on the cat n fiddle and survived because luckily there was already an ambulance in the area due to an earlier bike crash. Can you imagine how miffed you’d be, it’s bad enough when someone steals your taxi!

vim_fuego
    Free Member

He apexed way too early, should have stayed wide till the corner started opening.

samuri
    Free Member

How much must that cyclist have crapped himself when those two bikes shot past him way too close?

Northwind

samuri – Member

How much must that cyclist have crapped himself when those two bikes shot past him way too close?

They gave him more room than 100% of drivers that passed me today. Cyclist already crapping himself going by his positioning.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Pointless having slow on the road, if you blatantly ignore it. He went in too quick, grabbed the brakes, bike sat up, then was a game of avoidance. Really shouldn’t be on the road, let alone show his face on TV. He should be banned as an example. Theres another clip of a bike going like the clappers in a 30 on the bbc yesterday. Wrong side of the road, too fast and the car in front let a car out the sideroad. He hit the brakes and the bike went flying.
    I don’t mind bikers, but feel they are riding well beyond the bikes speed capability. Get into trouble and there is not often a good ending.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Having ridden down the A4 near my home and being overtaken by a pair of bikers flat out, I can say that the shock of an open exhaust flat out , almost launched me into the ditch next to the road. Why there is a need of 150 mph plus on a single carriageway A road is just stupid.

LoCo
    Free Member

How do you know how fast they were going? And yes it’s daft

The biker in the video, could have easily got round that corner he’s just didn’t commit and target fixated on the car

DezB
    Free Member

Another 4pages about the same thing, I hope.

LoCo
    Free Member

Yep probably, waiting for the usual ‘I wish he was dead’ comments

scaredypants

Now I’m not a motorbiker but what that vid mostly shows is how shit the guy is. His lines are far worse than the bike in front and his “final” corner is a **** disaster – tight and too fast into the bend, despite being across the solid line just beforehand.

He should either be banned or made to ride that road for hours on a 30mph moped in dayglo race leathers every weekend for a year.

For fun, he could have a calibrated camera fitted to the bike to catch any speeding bikes (yeh, I know it wouldn’t work as evidence but maybe good enough for giving out bollockings)

jam-bo

Yep probably, waiting for the usual ‘I wish he was dead’ comments

What about I hope he doesn’t kill anyone else next time…

LoCo
    Free Member

Think I said something to that affect in the original thread, in no way condoning his riding ( which is pretty poor in all respects)
    More a comment on the usual knee jerk reactionary posts.

Cat and fiddle is a great road, but it’s a road not a race track and even a legal speeds will catch you out.

anagallis_arvensis

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wtijm9Sch-E[/video]

spchantler
    Free Member

a good friend of mine of mine was knocked off his bike and killed 5 days before xmas just gone, he was doing 30 not even filtering, when some body didn’t see him, and drove into him. he ended up underneath the car and died of his injuries whilst waiting 1 hr 40 minutes for lifting gear to arrive to lift the car off him. we know he was doing 30 as he’d just gone thru a speed camera and was about to go thru another. what makes someone ride like that video is beyond me, perhaps i’ll ask my friends wife and young son who he left behind. then again perhaps not.

stevomcd
    Free Member

I remember a post on visordown years back, from a chap who’d crashed on the cat n fiddle and survived because luckily there was already an ambulance in the area due to an earlier bike crash. Can you imagine how miffed you’d be, it’s bad enough when someone steals your taxi!

That happend to me when I got hit by a car* when on an MTB holiday in France. A motorcyclist had an accident further down the road and my ambulance stopped for him. They didn’t realise there were 2 separate accidents, so I ended up lying in the road for over an hour! Not fun.

*OK, I hit a car…

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I love hearing cars and bikes getting raped to the limit when I’m out cycling. So much time to hear them blasting through the gears.

I remember road cycling out near Culross and hearing what I thought was an old Audi Quattro or something coming up behind me.. Listening for a good 30 seconds I reckon. Turns out it was a Focus RS (5 cylinder engine I think?) – guy’s dump valve went off just next to me. I shat myself!!!!!! What a sound though… Had to cycle through a fug of unburnt fuel – I love that smell.

Anyway, back to the discussion.

Dude **** up a corner and got lucky. Every time you get on the bike you put yourself at risk. Motor- or pedal-. Just get over it or go live in a titanium bomb shelter in the bottom of your garden. YOLO baby.

Overtaking on double whites isn’t always bad on a fast bike. The double whites are Fiestas, not something with over 800bhp per tonne.

Also, some of you guys need to feel the exhilaration of pinning the throttle on a fast bike – feeling the front wheel going light and skimming up the road then hauling the bike through a corner. Not an excuse for crazy riding but an explanation.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

How do you know how fast they were going? And yes it’s daft

Um, straight road, didn’t actually hear him and his mate until the blast as they came passed and by the time I had managed to regain control of me going over the bars, on the same straight road of probably 1/2 mile was nowhere to be seen, tells me they weren’t doing the 60 limit.
    I would stick my neck out and say that the majority of riders on superbikes have no ‘proper’ control/ ability of the bikes when the jam the throttle. Mate had an R1, decided he would die on it, so sold it and bought something more sensible. Guy who worked at our company. Got his licence, bought a fireblade, dead 2 days later, hit a lampost.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Where the **** cougar and his “threads will not be duplicated” hammer these days?

Coyote
    Free Member

Complete bell-end.

andyl
    Free Member

If I call him an idiot again will it trigger the “he’s not an idiot” “yes he is” “no he isnt” “yes he is, even he said he is” argument again?

Northwind

Thrustyjust – Member

Um, straight road, didn’t actually hear him and his mate until the blast as they came passed

With the greatest of respect, how on earth? Any decent sized bike with an open exhaust can be heard from miles away.

scotroutes

Watching the full length video makes me want to buy a motorbike again

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/another-very-lucky-biker
    Anything not mentioned in the 4 pages here?

z1ppy

Guilty of dangerous driving…. lucky to be alive really.

wwaswas

It became an internet hit when he uploaded it on YouTube but also led to his prosecution.

Being stupid in control of a go-Pro is not yet an offence…

fasthaggis

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Good to see him done, no mention of the sentence though. Hopefully he has no licence.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Motorcyclist plunges 40ft from the Cat and Fiddle – gets up without a scratch’ is closed to new replies.