• This topic has 28 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by core.
Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Motorcycle projects anybody got one on the go ATM?
  • simonloco
    Free Member

Current ‘project’ is even by my standards very very slow, anyone else pottering about in the garage shed with a project?

fasthaggis

Have two 😳

One I want to end up like this..

and the other is my brother’s old TL125 ,but I am going to give him it back,got too much other stuff on the go 🙁

^^^^not mine

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I like the top one haggis. What is the donor bike you are using?

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I have this in the garage, it’ll be my first project and unlikely to be started anytime soon and I’m not even 100% sure what I’m going to do with it.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/WQ2pDM]Braaaaap[/url] by Bigbroondug, on Flickr

fasthaggis

Jef,it’s based on a rotax engined BMWF650 Funduro.
    I have the frame stripped back on mine and got a hold of an old Honda FT tank. Here’s the site where I got the idea F650 scrambler.

Mattbike

I’m working on a Honda CB250N super dream. Bought it a few years back as an impulse buy off ebay. It looked better in the photos 😆 Some rusted parts and lots missing. Ended up getting a replacement frame, centre stand, seat, forks, front wheel and calliper off and Aprilia. won’t resemble the original 80’s style bike when finished more of a scrambler or café racer. Need to rekindle my interest in it and crack on.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Nice. I have half an eye out for a 600 / 650 single for a project as well. Not done any tinkering on motorcycles since I could afford them in good nick. Haven’t ridden for a few years now though and thinking this could be an ideal way back in.
    Honda Dominator would be ideal but they are getting rare now it seems.

breninbeener

I have an ex Michael Rutter V&M early fireblade engine. It has exqusite porting and blueprinting. The dyno chart shows 150+ bhp. I also have a set of 40mm flatslide carbs, a Maxton shock and a Yoshi full Ti exhaust system.

I really could do with a rolling chassis for it….

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

@ breninbeener

Tuk-Tuk?

mattsccm
    Free Member

Yes. The bike in the lower picture.
    https://www.sungreen.co.uk/lydney_forest_of_dean/watts_first_garage.html
    Sadly that rear rim is missing and tracking one is slowing things down.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Jeff, look for SLR 650s’

kayak23

I have this 1982 Gsx400f stashed in me mums garage.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/DbfwL2]Untitled[/url] by Kayak23, on Flickr

Currently waiting until the moment is right to tackle a top end rebuild, valve seating etc as it is blowing a bit, plus various other issues you might expect for its vintage.

Also going to strip it back further, sorta brat style, lose the big dials shorten the back end with a single seat etc.

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

Got a 1985 Aprilia TX300 trials bike with a 370 rotax engine getting shoehorned in it.

oldschool

Yes, a Yamaha XJ550, rolling chassis that will be a cafe racer.
    GSX forks, Millie Yolks, and the rest to be decided.
    It’s been pushed around the garage for 14 months with minimal* progress made. This year though, I’ll get it done.

*for ‘minimal’ read “the square root of 0”

I’ve blamed my needing 3ph to get my lathe running on all part finished projects, and the pile of various projects grows. However I have ordered an invertor to give me 3ph, which I’m awaiting deliver of. Once it arrives, there will be no stopping me.

craigxxl
    Free Member

I’ve had a CX500 since the end of last summer with the intention to convert it to a flat track scrambler. Currently looks like this with a bit more dust on it.

Ideally want it something like this

With my lack of free time I’ll probably end up selling it on though.

sobriety
    Free Member

Let me know how it goes with the inverter, I’ve been lookind getting one and a lathe at some point, but the ones I’ve seen have been spendy.

Any hoo, I’ve got ‘finished’ Aprilia RS125, Aprilia Pegaso 125 and Suzuki GP100 Restorations, I say ‘finished’ as they never really are – the RS needs a high tickover checking, the Peg needs fork seals and the GP needs a fuel cock.

But actually in the full resto process I have a family RD200, this is how it arrived (with me on it back in the 1980s)

This is how it ended up for three decades after the oil pump failed, leading so seizure

And this is how the frame looks now

Need to rebuild the forks and then the rolling chassis can be reassembled after that it’s engine rebuild, front brake rebuild, respray (tank, panels and trims) seat refoam and cover, and source/get fabricated some mudguards and done.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I’ve got a couple of projects on the go.
    My old FZ750 I want this back on the road for Oulton Park BSB in May.

I got the frame powder coated last summer

My other bike a ‘Old Skool’ XT600 ran out of sparks at the Classic TT

I’ve rewired it,but now the kickstart locks up…

Anyway I’m now adding a fully functioning Street Triple R to the collection 😀

Northwind

I’m basically restoring my SV650S, having ruined it in Scottish winters then dumped in the garage for the best part of a decade. Got a wee bit distracted and fitted new GSXR forks to it though (which I bought in about 2010)

Used to look like this:

Now looks like a heap of shit tbh.

dufusdip
    Free Member

Have multiple!

2000 blade chassis with engine that has a new gear clusters that jumps out of gear. Bodywork and exhaust killed in lowside.

2001 blade that was a track bike that i failed sorting electrics and body work to make it road legal/ track switchable. Must get back on this really…

A vfr800 that has seized brakes chain adjuster and a dead battery that has gone through multiple winters. Hateful handling bike… unloved.

Zx6 with a atarting issue.

Lack of time inclination, space and funds and bikes seem to work when i go in the garage!

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Just about finished an old Enfield Bullet. It was a basket case when I bought it. It’s an almost complete cafe racer now. Very heavily modified – Lowered/extended and unfortunately due to occasional budget constraints a few Indian made Enfield parts on there. I’ll change them eventually.

Next i’d like to build a flat tracker. Not decided on what source bike to use yet though…

allthegear
    Free Member

I’m going to stick to riding mine 🙂

Rachel

simonloco
    Free Member

Pulled engine back to centre of bench tonight, have removed newly bored cylinder off to double check ring gaps (paranoid!) on the wiseco 621cc piston (1mm overbore)

[url=https://flic.kr/p/23sz1NJ]IMG_2267[1][/url] by Loco Tuning, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/DRmLFk]IMG_2268[1][/url] by Loco Tuning, on Flickr

Merak

I sold my Dominator last year.
    It was too good to butcher and I needed the cash for another bike.

Really miss it though.

tjagain

Mty BSA has been stuck in a lock-up for more than a decade. Worn threads on the oil pressure relief valve led to the layup. Not worth selling and I know I would regret it. One day it will reemerge

[url=https://flic.kr/p/4TcB1e]bsa 2[/url] by TandemJeremy, on Flickr

701arvn
    Free Member

1972 CB750K2, stripped and part restored. 1988 FZR1000 with a set of gunky carbs.

Lately it’s too cold in the winter and in summer I just want to be out and about not stuck in the garage. It’s not promising outlook for either of them finishing any time soon.

May off load the FZR and keep the K2 for a retirement project.

simonloco
    Free Member

Good to see I’m not he only one taking their time (8 years now ?)

V&M engine sounds ideal for an early completely standard looking ‘sleeper’ 😉
    kaiser’s guzzi has so much potential for something very cool although I’m always a bit hesitant to start cutting any on older bikes.
    The SRX the engine is out of will be pretty much fully standard aside of a few full reversible mods.
    Speaking of which if anyone knows of or has a srx frame I’d quite like another 😉
    OH! & TJ is back too #waves#

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve been seeking out a late 70’s/80’s Trails bike, something like an OSSA MAR or Monty Cota, maybe a Yam TY or RL.. seen a few, can’t decide…

I like the TL125, I’ll have that if your Brother doesn’t want it..

And just about to buy one of these:

Replacing a Vespa GT300 that I sold back in 2014 and just never bothered getting something else, until now.

tomaso
    Free Member

This has festered for many years and it’s main purpose appears to be something large and heavy to lock bikes to. It is an XBR 500 with a Dominator 650 engine and CBR600 wheels, brakes and forks.

core

I’d love an sr250 to turn into a scrambler, ala Mokka, but they’re not easy to track down, and going up in value all the time.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Motorcycle projects anybody got one on the go ATM?’ is closed to new replies.