• This topic has 19 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Aus.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Motorcycle – head Vs heart and head won
  • Aus
    Free Member

After my recent thread of head vs heart, went for this

Couple hundred miles done today and initial impressions are – modern suspension that works is quite wondrous. I’ll see how it goes … rides well, doesn’t quite get the pulse racing yet but fun.

Cheers to all who advised in last thread!

Cougar

You have chosen… wisely.

Happy new bike.

Jim_Kirk
    Free Member

That’s a Beamer alright! Enjoy dude.

anagallis_arvensis

Looks nice.

Lionheart
    Free Member

Right choice !

bikebouy
    Free Member

“is fugly”

Northwind

IMO your heart still won, otherwise you’d have bought a CB500 😉 Nice bike that.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I quite like it myself. Would probably consider one myself were I in such a position!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Don’t ya’s think from that angle it looks like a Suzuki Katana thingumybob?

You did right mind, you’ll have massive fun on it.

br
    Free Member

Yep, your head won.

BMW = taking the fun outta motorcycling…

Northwind

You’re right, they’re no fun at all

(OK, to be fair, I didn’t like it- I couldn’t go fast enough to make it wake up. But nutters love it)

scuzz
    Free Member

BMW = taking the fun outta motorcycling…

How come?

Aus
    Free Member

Like the Katana comment … I did look to see if I could find one (heart again). And not sure about BMW taking the fun out of it – this GS does make me feel more ‘sensible’ but in the few days of riding, it’s ability to ‘play’ is way better than me, so is putting more smiles on my face. Guess that’s good, despite the badge!

organdonor
    Free Member

Enjoy! 😀

anagallis_arvensis

Aus what bhp does the twin have?

saladdodger
    Free Member

nice :mrgreen:

Aus
    Free Member

BHP is c.70 I think. It’s really different from a free revving in-line 4. Hugely torquey but picks up the speed (up to 60-70) quickly, with no power band. For a fast hung ho rider, it’d probably be too tame. For me, who wants ‘reassuring fun’ (if there’s such a thing!), it’s sweet!

The big + so far is its handling, on standard roads … copes with pot holes, drain covers, lumps and bumps superbly. Quite enjoying so far!

anagallis_arvensis

Sounds good my old single had 50 when it was brand new but i think a few have escaped since then, but up to 70 its fine just need to think through overtakes a bit. But i find having something that doesnt rev like a demented sowing machine quite good fun and relaxing. It just runs out of puff on the motorway.

Aus
    Free Member

I thought that with the single … this was pretty comfortable on the mway at good outer lane speeds … but does feel as though it’d get a bit unwieldy at high high speed.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Motorcycle – head Vs heart and head won’ is closed to new replies.