Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Motorcycle Direct Access Course
  • moe_szyslak
    Free Member

A few questions if I may for those who may know:

Course length: Most appear to be five days, can this be cut down? Whilst I may not have a license I have ridden a lot of motorbikes, with several years racing motocross, so I am already proficient in "riding" a motorcyle.

New modular 1 &2 rules: Can I take both modules in the direct access course (i.e. done and dusted inside a weekk)

Costs: £500 ish for 5 days seems the norm, can this be cut down?

Any recommendations in the west midlands?

Thanks

Moe

gazman
    Free Member

best thing to do is go and do a cbt (if you haven`t already got 1) then your trainer/instructor will be able to tell you how long they think you will need, riding on road is a different kettle of fish but i dont need to tell you that, good luck with it, gaz

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Some places do a 3 day course, or did with the old test. I did mine over 5, day 1 being CBT. It's not the riding that is the problem, it's the learning of all the crap you need to pass the test and practicing all the daft manouvers that you will never use in the real world 😉

Best bet would be to take the CBT (if you haven't already) and perhaps go out with the instructor for a 1/2 day lesson and see what they suggest for getting you through the test!

waihiboy
    Free Member

round our way its 3 days, day one is cbt on a 500cc (cones on in the carpark basics then out on road if good enough), then second day is full day on the road intense training, 3rd day half day on the road again then taken to test centre in the afternoon

£500

simon_g

I did mine over 4 days plus test from effectively nothing (just a CBT a couple of years before that lapsed, never used), so I'd imagine 3 would be fine if you've got the machine control bit nailed.

Usually they'll want to do an assessment of your riding first, easiest way is to get the CBT done and they'll be able to tell from that what you need.

Schools will normally block-book test places for their students to use so will be able to advise how soon you'll be able to take it – normally much quicker than booking direct! Not sure how it works on the new one, but they may expect you to pass module 1 before allocating a place for you for module 2.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Motorcycle Direct Access Course’ is closed to new replies.