• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by xcgb.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Motorbikerist types, anyone had or got a Hinkley Triumph Tiger?
  • xcgb
    Free Member

Hi all
    after a long lay off motorised bikes I have put an old bantam back on the road, and though i love it it, is a little limiting with two up capabilities and reliability!
    So I have been considering a newer stablemate, and have been looking at tigers. I don’t want a sports bike, am not interested in high performance and have a budget of about 2k and there seem to be plenty of higher milage examples around at that price, and if the mood takes me i could take it for a tour……..

Any experiences welcome

Ta

failedengineer

I’ve had a Tiger 800 – fantastic machine. I guess you’re thinking of an older 885 or 955. Both superb bikes, if a bit tall and top heavy. Fantastic build quality, overengineered, and tend to have been looked after by ‘mature’ owners.

xcgb
    Free Member

Yes looking at a 955i with 34k on it and a full set of top box & panniers for £2300 hmmm….

failedengineer

34K is nothing on that engine, but like any bike, the valve checks should have been done to schedule. Check, if you can, that the rear suspension linkage isn’t seized – the suspension should be fairly soft. Rear shocks go a bit limp though, but can be rebuilt.
    They go quite well, you’ll be surprised. Handling’s good, too. A chap I know used to track day one and regularly stuff it up the inside of sports bikes in the fast group (he claims).

xcgb
    Free Member

Thanks will check that out

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Motorbikerist types, anyone had or got a Hinkley Triumph Tiger?’ is closed to new replies.