Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Motorbike recommendations.
  • Mooly
    Free Member

So I don`t want something that will go like sh*t off a shovel, Just a recommendation of a bike like the one in the great escape that will be comfortable and nice to cruise around on.
    Fire away. Pics would help too.

euain

A Triumph of kind – something like Thruxton?

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Or the Bonneville?
    Loads around.

Something similar but Italian would be a Ducati Monster. Lots available, go back a long time, not too fast (unless you get the top spec models which have superbike motors), have a certain ‘something’

Mooly
    Free Member

That’s the kind of thing a bit older maybe – Can you get them second hand cheapish?

weeksy

Triumph Scrambler or XT500

hot_fiat

Thruxton, Bonneville or Scrambler? All beautiful. Brakes are scary rubbish though so be careful.

Probably not what you’re thinking of, but these are amazing. Big, gentle pussycat. full of character with no real vices (apparently they weave a bit around 140mph. WGAS). My first bike, 7 years on & still my only bike. Absolutely love it – like a 100hp orange 322.

At the top of a very snowy stelvio:

Stoner
    Free Member

coincidentlaly I was watching this last night. v funny

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsKFsce5phw[/video]

Mooly
    Free Member

This is amazing. I really want a bike.

weeksy

this is amazing 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

That ^ appears to be missing a chassis!

jota180
    Free Member

This is amazing. I really want a bike.

like that but older eh?
    an old Le Mans perhaps?

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/mcn/bikes-for-sale/searchresults/moto-guzzi/le-mans/_/N-489+1809+191

EDIT: You’ll also need this

lardcore
    Free Member

How tall are you Mooly? Anything approaching 6ft and over and you might find Bonneville etc a bit cramped. A useful site to check is cycle-ergo.com

I’m very tempted by Bonneville but cheap they are not – I struggle to find anything under 3k.

Mooly
    Free Member

I`m 5.10.

kilo

Six one and a half and I had a bonneville, great bike wish I’d never got rid of it especially for a poxy k1100

Kawasaki w650 any cheaper nice looking bikes

andybrad

i really miss my speed four. Amazing everything apart from the engine = good fun

jota180
    Free Member

That ^ appears to be missing a chassis!

The engine is hanging from it

The beautiful Panigale doesn’t have a frame/chassis

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

My last bike – Aprilia RST Futura

1000cc V-twin, not that fast, decent handling and once went from central scotland to cornwall via liverpool, and back through wales over to dublin, up to belfast, back to stranraer then home. didn’t miss a beat and i went out for run the day after i got back.
    BUT – I did learn a lot about 12v electrics and “interesting” cable routing.

Fancy a Triumph 955i Daytona next, which I believe is a faired Street Triple

hot_fiat

My riding buddy’s 5’11” & normally rides a 1250GS or an 850 Tiger. When he’s out on his bonnie it makes him look like he’s stolen big ear’s bike.

That stripped Panigale – I may need a lie down.

nickhart
    Free Member

I love my 1150gs and really enjoy the big and daft but if I had a better spine I’d be seriously considering this.

rendo
    Free Member

my bike

have a look at http://www.ukmoc.co.uk if you fancy a monster, an older model can be had for reasonable cost.

For something sensible at reasonable cost, i like these, but might be a bit to slow.

here

footflaps

coincidentlaly I was watching this last night. v funny

🙂

singlecrack
    Free Member

Ural. ..or Dnepr

superfli
    Free Member

BigButSlimmerBloke,
    A mate of mine has a Daytona 955 for sale if you are interested

Ticklinjock

I reckon this fits your description… 🙂
    Hiltz

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Triumph Bonneville / T100 / Thruxton a good call if you’re not too worried about going very fast or last minute braking into corners before chucking it on it’s ear.

My Bonnie:

rkk01
    Free Member

I like the Guzzi ^

Not the style you’ve requested, but the new VFR looks nice

jota180
    Free Member

If you’re feeling flush – £100k flush – a Ronax 500 maybe 🙂

Gobsmackingly stunning

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeJMDaRiolY[/video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeJMDaRiolY

tomaso
    Free Member

This won’t go like sh!t off a shovel but it will make a great escape at a steady 60mph (on the flat) and 125mpg proving motorcycle freedom need not be to large and overblown.

banjax34
    Free Member

my bike DID go like sh1t off a shovel….

failedengineer

Try again
    I love it. I’ve had (much) faster bikes, but with a little subtle tinkering, this thing handles and goes well enough. It’s slowed me down which is no bad thing at my age …

craigxxl
    Free Member

Triumph Speed Master fits your description.

I’ll stick with my KTM 900 SM for now.

docstar
    Free Member

Bought this a few weeks ago, a new tyre and a set of caliper pistons later and it passed MOT on Saturday. Looking forward to getting out on it now as I haven’t been out since passing the test in March.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Motorbike recommendations.’ is closed to new replies.