Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Motorbike mags – suggestions?
  • STATO
    Free Member

Old mans birthday soon and he is quite into his motorbikes.

With all these fancy posh mtb mags coming out I wondered if there was a bikers equivalent I should consider subscribing for him?

Suggestions?

Cheers
    Rich.

finishthat
    Free Member

What kind of motorbikes is he interested in?

crossland
    Free Member

Bike is the best for me

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    STATO
    Free Member

Essentially, all of them! He likes the mechanical aspect more then tarty Sunday run bling or choppers, but if its a good mag he will read and enjoy it. I suppose main focus would be mags that do mechanical stuff or adventure touring but as I say, looking to see what else is out there that he might not pick up inn smiths.

crossland
    Free Member

Did a year of msl but once subscription ran out went back to bike, I read it as a youth and it is still informative with a touch of irreverence

sobriety
    Free Member

I get Practical Sportsbikes, it’s pretty good for mechanical stuff, but you can pick it up in smiths, used to get TBM aaaages ago, I have no idea if it’s even published anymore.

STATO
    Free Member

Yeah bike was something he used to have piles of, probably still in the loft, will see if he has a sub. I remember Ogri posters in the house as a kid 😆

anagallis_arvensis

Adventure bike rider is a good bit of escapism I find. Writting can be a bit variable but I like it mostly.

finishthat
    Free Member

Real Classic http://www.realclassic.co.uk/index.html

wide range of articles

not on the shops – extremely well written – absolutely no bullshine

has articles about touring on older bikes

Not really anything else like it

STATO
    Free Member

All great suggestions folks thanks so much, covering a lot of options, might need to get more than 1 at this rate!

sv

Practical Sportsbike one if likes to tinker or Performance Bike is a great mag IMO.

foxman
    Free Member

Currently with out a bike but still subscribe to performance bikes ( over 15 years ) and practical super bikes (4 years).

lank45
    Free Member

Second for Adventure Bike Rider and my dad gets Motorcycle Sport and Leisure, both focussed on the joy of riding and telling stories with some test and long termers thrown in for good measure. I’d highly recommend both!

zippykona

Classic Bike is great. Takes me a week to read.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Motorcycle Sport and Leisure +1

mojodave
    Free Member

Check out Classic Motorcycle Mechanics

It’s not only classics, but a lot of the 80’s and 90’s bikes which I use to ride – Covers mechanics, restoration and articles.
    I was given a subscription as a gift and will definitely renew when it expires.

kilo

I have a sub to Classic Bike (xmas present) and subscribed to Real Classic in the past, of the two I think I prefer Real Classic, the machines in Classic Bike are a bit esoteric, expensive, etc, Real Classic a bit more real world, just getting back into Bike and it’s pretty good too

jamesmio
    Free Member

Big fan of RiDE personally, it’s the best in terms of practical stuff and less of the willy waving power rangers wheelie stuff in the other mags,

BobaFatt
    Free Member

If you want fancy like Privateer or Rouler (spelling) check out Iron and Air, although it may be a little niche and Sunday Poser

I like Motorcycle Sport and Leisure and Adventure Rider for the travel stories, Bike is a bit too much of a general Top Gear style of mag (although i still buy it)

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Motorbike mags – suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.