Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Motorbike jacket – warm, waterproof and cheapish
  • SiB
    Free Member

Looking to spend about £100 on the above, not bothered about protection pads(?), just want warmth & dryness for my 7mile each way commute…………and recommendations?

Thanks

weeksy

My RST jacket seems it may fit the bill.

jamesmio
    Free Member

I’ve always Spada stuff to be, by far and away, the best value motorbike kit around.

It’s not *as* good as Rukka/Klim etc, but pound for pound it’s brilliant and £100 ish should pick you up something decent from their range.

*Source, live in Scotland, ride motorbike.

SiB
    Free Member

Thanks for recommendations, gives me something to work off

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Where do you live?
    We’ve got two discount motorcycle gear places near us – J&S in Farnborough and the Infinity outlet in Camberley.
    Last time I went in to Infinity they had the exact same Dianese jacket thats served me well for getting on for 50,000 miles and 4 winters for £175-ish, about £100 less than I paid

FWIW decent kist is worth it’s weight in gold. I don’t spend the £1000 Rukka Jacket money, but I wear about £1100-£1200 with of kit and I have no hesitation spending good money on it because I give it some hammer all year round.

Top to toe I wear
    Shoei Qwest helmet, easily the quietest, longest lasting and most comfortable I’ve ever had
    Dianese jacket zipped into Dianese trousers, removable linings, survived one crash and NEVER EVER let a SINGLE drop of water in. And I remember piloting our Ducati ST3s back round the M25, 2-up, fully loaded, in water that was so deep it felt like the spray from the front wheel was jet washing my legs. Seriously impressive.
    Rukka (summer/Autumn) gloves, wearing well despite being my most used pair
    Triumph leather vented summer gloves – years old, hot weather use only. Still nice
    Spada Enforcer winter gloves – Again, TOTALLY waterproof and have done 4-5 winters before I wore a hole in the fingers from clutch and brake use.
    Daytona Road Star GTX boots – My most expensive bit of kit. When I first started riding I went through about 3 pairs of cheaper boots that were never waterproof and always uncomfortable. Then I bought my first pair of Daytonas for about £220 about 14 years or more ago.
    Oh.My.God.
    They’re superb. Totally waterproof, shrugged off 2 minor spills without a mark, comfy enough to walk round in all day, easy to get on…etc When they finally started to leak a little I carried on for another 2-3 years before replacing them with the same boot at about £330. They’re worth every chuffin’ penny. The value is in the quality and the superb longevity, not the price.
    Anyway, there you go…. 🙂

kilo

The oxford Montreal 2.0 has received good reviews and if I wasn’t tight I’d buy one, instead I stick with an old heine gericke jacket and occasionally a down puffa gilet under it.
    For warmth I would recommend a silk balaclava, looks well odd but helps a lot

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I got a Pizza Hut jacket off ebay for about £20. Armoured and waterproof. Not the warmest but size up and wear a jumper underneath

craigxxl
    Free Member

Got to agree with Peter. Buy the best you can, new or second hand, as it makes a big difference to a wet commute and soaked to your underpants and pissed off all day commute.
    I use Klim gear now and the money I’ve spent on cheaper jackets and trouser that have been replaced later I may as well have bought the expensive stuff to begin with. Plenty of places will do 0% on bike gear if it helps spread the cost and saves you replacing at a later date.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Motorbike jacket – warm, waterproof and cheapish’ is closed to new replies.