Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Motor legal cover . yes or no ??? ripoff ??
  • blastit
    Free Member

Motor insurance renewal time and I am trying to get the price down, so looked at Legal cover and this site says I don’t need it as the insurance company just just appoints their preferred solicitor and they claim from other party.
    Now as I have 3 policies in my name it appeals to me or are there some things you should not skimp on ???

Your advice/opinions please

poly
    Free Member

1. Its often over priced compared to buying it separately.
    2. If you have 3 policies in your name you are likely paying for the same thing 3 times (although that may depend on the small print)
    3. What risks do you think it covers?
    4. Do you think you or the insurance company get to decide on whether to proceed with a case at any time?

trail_rat
    Free Member

what it saves is you having to go to the no win no fee accident chasers .

having seen what my dads had to deal with having been hit head on by a van coming the other way in his lane on his motorbike (with video footage I might add)

his insurance company paid out what they were due and not an ounce more effort(that is the bike and the medical care received – nothing for his ongoing injuries or the fact he can no longer do job due to head trauma etc ). was told had he had legal cover then the legal team would have been involved and they would have pursued the other guy for all this.

now he has had to go through the accident chasers who purport to make things easy but infact are a bloody nightmare.

it certainly made me rethink it at my next renewal as in the grand scheme of things its peanuts.

alanf
    Free Member

I think TR has the crux of it ^^^
    You probably have the cover elsewhere, but to utilise it you will have to jump through many hoops to get the where you need to be, in order for it to work as you want.
    When its attached to the policy the hoops are no longer an issue, and it’s pretty cheap too.
    Personally, I include it on all my policies so I don’t have the hassle should I really need it.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

After having to sort a couple of claims over the last few years it THE thing I look for or opt for, I won’t take insurance without legal cover now.

mike_p
    Free Member

Always tick the box. A friend of mine got hit once and had no end of hassle because she hadn’t. It’s only £25-£30, just take it.

the-muffin-man

Yes – I always take legal cover.

Trimix
    Free Member

Didn’t everyone take PPI back in the day because it was cheap ?

mike_p
    Free Member

PPI was never cheap and many folk were not aware they had it. You could save the £30 and do your own lawyering – good luck with that.

trail_rat
    Free Member

alot of PPI was missold on the premise you wouldnt get the mortgage without it …..
    ive never had insurance turned down previously when i didnt tick the box for legal cover…..

z1ppy

again another +1 accept it & pay for it, as one of my insurance company made it clear they wouldn’t do anything to help me past the basics, as I didn’t have it, during a claim

Ps this an NCB cover are the only extra I accept.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Motor legal cover . yes or no ??? ripoff ??’ is closed to new replies.