Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • MotoGP-Chromecast
  • mps711
    Free Member

Not sure if this has already been mentioned on the forum, but BT Sport have just made their app Chromecast compatible.

As long as you are a BT Broadband customer you should be able to sign up for BT Sport for free, download the app and cast MotoGP to a chromecast on your telly.

I will be checking it out tonight and hopefully will be able to watch this weekends race live.

wattsymtb
    Free Member

Ooh,

Please report back how you get on. I am very interested in this.

What is a chromecast?

I watch everything through a PS3 (and don’t have normal TV). Am I likely to be able to do this?

mps711
    Free Member

The chromecast is the google HDMI dongle that plugs into your TV, once it is connected to your home wifi network you can send things to it from your phone (or the chrome browser on your PC).

The iplayer app is chromecast enabled so you can watch iplayer on your TV. It basically is a cheap way to make a non smart TV a bit smarter.

I will let you know how BT sport goes.

mps711
    Free Member

It works!

You need to set up the BT sport package on your BT account, its free for existing customers, activate it and then fire up the app on your phone or tablet, then you can just send the live feed to your chromecast.

Tried it last night and the quality is great, looking forward to watching the MotoGP live on the big screen this weekend.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

still no option for those of us who dont have btinternet then 🙁 i feel like crying

almightydutch
    Free Member

Plenty of options Jonah, pay BT or pay Dorna for live feed.

Either way you’ll have to cough up though.

Best way though Jonah, is befriend a BT customer who doesn’t use his web login when watching it live via Sky/BT Fusion/Virgin etc

chrismac

Does it work with redbulltv so I can watch the DH coverage?

jonahtonto
    Free Member

no, i cant even pay bt! with virgin broadband (i dont have tv) they wont even let me buy it off them. dorma looks promising but its 100euro which is alot for just watching one sport.

Stoner
    Free Member

Brilliant news. I’ve been waiting for this as tab casting BT TV doesn’t work.

mps711
    Free Member

The red bull tv app works with chromecast, I had a quick play with it but haven’t really checked out whats on it.

mps711
    Free Member

Jonah, if you can’t sort out a service to watch the races live, ITV4 have a highlights show on Monday nights.

almightydutch
    Free Member

In addition to this, if you take a look at social media when the practise/qualifying/racing is on you’ll find a link somewhere

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Good news – watched the first race on my big all-in-one PC, which was ace in HD 🙂 Cheap option for watching in on’t Telly as well – top tip.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘MotoGP-Chromecast’ is closed to new replies.