Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 438 total)
  • Moto GP 2015
  • MSP

Must be a while since there was last a podium without Spanish representation as well.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Fast for an old boy 😯

tiggs121
    Free Member

Fantastic ride from Rossi.

Lets hope the rest of the season is as competitive. Maybe putting Marquez at the back every race is the answer!!

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

That’s the best MotoGP race I’ve seen in years!
    It must be years since the last time there were no Spanish riders on the podium in any class?

Muke
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwugGObsDPc[/video]

Proper racing 😀

swavis

Absolutely brilliant! 😀

5thElefant
    Free Member

How was the F1 race? 😆

tiggs121
    Free Member

F1 = high speed car parking!

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

not really parking in f1.. still great racing today.. two worthy winners showing fantastic skill.

Cant believe that race went so fast.. talk about sitting on the edge of the seat for most of it..

I cheering for 46 all the way 🙂

MSP

That’s the best MotoGP race I’ve seen in years!

There was better racing in the second half of MM’s rookie year when Lorenzo was trying (and failing) to bully him.

This was a good race, but a better result. I suspect if Marquez hadn’t been shunted to the back near the beginning, it would probably have been service as usual. But it does give hope that he won’t just be riding off into the sunset with the trophy without a challenge.

Pedrosa’s final year?

dufusdip
    Free Member

Can’t see Pedrosa lasting unless he pulls it out the bag big style.

Great race and if Rossi can do that from tenth and marquez from the back of the grid it should be a barn stormer season. Ducati might have cracked it!

As for Sam Lowes he seems to have a knack of throwing away decent opportunities. With the season he had last year second would have been a great result but instead he goes for glory and chucks it at the scenery. Bit of a rookie mistake.

Rosss
    Free Member

Dani seems like a great guy but how he’s keeping his seat is beyond me. Not sure who I’d put money on to replace him, any ideas?

F1 and Moto GP was brilliant this weekend

singlecrack
    Free Member

Danny reportedly had arm pump problems …could miss next race to try and sort it

MSP

There seems to be 2 or 3 races every year where he just doesn’t have the strength to sustain a challenge. That is just too much to be giving away from the start and be considered a serious contender, especially since the depth of talent in the field has increased over the past few seasons.

techsmechs
    Free Member

Dani seems like a great guy but how he’s keeping his seat is beyond me.

He keeps his ‘seat’ as he hasn’t finished lower than 4th in the championship since 2007. So he’s consitently fast.

As for the 2015 season, he out qualified current world champ and finished 1 place behind him on a bike that clearly didnt have race pace. Although both Dani and Marc were pedalling it roudn at about the same laptime as the front guys.

So thats how he keeps his seat… Who would you like to replace him with.

Yam boys aint going nowhere now, nor the Ducati guys.

Cal? Ha!
    Scott? Maybe, but dont expect results.

Stoner would be the obvious choice and I would be pleased to see him back.

LS
    Free Member

Honda should never have screwed Dovi over!
    I had to stifle a laugh at Crutchlow’s expense all weekend, if he’d only learned to keep his gob shut he could’ve benefited from the reorganisation at Ducati.

weeksy

LS – Member

Honda should never have screwed Dovi over!
    I had to stifle a laugh at Crutchlow’s expense all weekend, if he’d only learned to keep his gob shut he could’ve benefited from the reorganisation at Ducati.

He stated it didn’t suit his riding style, plus the new one still wouldn’t suit his style..

I don’t get the Crutchlow hate, he’s by a long way the best Brit on the planet.

MSP

He keeps his ‘seat’ as he hasn’t finished lower than 4th in the championship since 2007. So he’s consitently fast.

He hasn’t had worse than the 4th best bike in that time period, that’s the thing, he rides the bike to its level, not beyond. I never get the feeling that he could take the championship without having the best bike and an uncompetitive team mate.

From Honda’s point of view, maybe he is a good number 2, provides good information about setup to help the number 1 rider, although he doesn’t seem to like Marquez.

LS
    Free Member

I don’t hate Crutchlow by any means, but equally I don’t support him just because he’s a Brit. He’s a great talent but just needs to wind himself in a bit, he’ll end up talking his way out of the paddock.

Dovi was clearly under selling himself back then, it appears he can ride anything – his results on the Tech 3 and last year’s dog of a Ducati back that up.

peteimpreza

“Danny reportedly had arm pump problems …could miss next race to try and sort it “

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motorsport/32110736

MSP

Sound to me like he might be ending his career, not just missing the next race.

techsmechs
    Free Member

MSP – I see your point,

The results show Pedrosa as top Honda season after season, when perhaps the bike wasn’t the best in the Championship, The whole 800era was catch up to Yamaha. History has proven Dani to be a very hard man to beat over the course of a season.

Lets not forget, he won back to back 250cc world titles on the ageing Honda perhaps riding it past what it was capable of.

5thElefant
    Free Member

It sounded much more like goodbye than ‘see you in Argentina’.

Not sure who they could get to replace him. Jack Miller is the only other rider with a Honda contract.

LS
    Free Member

They have a fairly swift test rider, of course… I wonder if he’d be interested? 😀
    Sad news about Dani if he has to give up completely, although I’ve never thought of him as being to mount a full season’s challenge for the title without breaking himself or shocking luck with the bike, he’s still up there every week and has taken some fantastic wins.

cyclelife
    Free Member

Great win for Rossi and good to see the Duc’s up there again, although without the Factory “open class” help I doubt that they would have been on the Podium but it’s good for the spectacle.
    MM would not have beaten Rossi, just look at their respective lap times.

Muke
    Free Member

Feel sorry for Dani, not sure what he can do if the docs are advising against further surgery, possibly the beginning of the end ? Could also see Nicky Hayden going the same way, never really recovered from his wrist problems. It’s gotta be hard giving up something that you love so much.

Pedrosa, I cannot-continue-racing-this-way

namastebuzz
    Free Member

History has proven Dani to be a very hard man to beat over the course of a season.

Well yes and no. In MotoGP someone’s always beaten him over a season as he’s never won the title. Furthermore, he’s had three different team mates win the title – Hayden, Stoner & Marquez – so it’s not like he’s never had the bike.

I don’t get the Crutchlow hate, he’s by a long way the best Brit on the planet.

I don’t hate Crutchlow either but he should learn when to keep his gob shut. He reminds me of Carl Fogarty. Thing is, Foggy was a winner so people didn’t mind him being a bit of an arse. If you’re losing or your bike is crap you should get your head down, work harder, keep quiet and take it on the chin.

If Cal had done that he could still be on the Ducati – and on the podium.

cyclelife
    Free Member

Cal is the best Brit we’ve had since Sheene but on a Duc or any “Open Class” I would still consider it an unfair result to be on a GP podium.

epicyclo

namastebuzz – Member
    …I don’t hate Crutchlow either but he should learn when to keep his gob shut. He reminds me of Carl Fogarty. Thing is, Foggy was a winner so people didn’t mind him being a bit of an arse…

Foggy was outclassed in MotoGP. Crutchlow is likely to do better than Foggy ever did in MotoGP. (I’m not a Crutchlow fan either). I reckon Smith will outdo Crutchlow though.

rossi46
    Free Member

Anyone know how long it takes bt sport to put the whole race up on the site to view? I now know the race result because it’s on their home bloody page- not impressed so far!

cyclelife
    Free Member

Anyone know how long it takes bt sport to put the whole race up on the site to view? I now know the race result because it’s on their home bloody page- not impressed so far!

Bummer, been really impressed with the BT coverage though, knowledgeable reporters and good interviews with riders and crew – keep it up BT.

castanea
    Free Member

Proper enjoyed that. Excellent 🙂

rossi46
    Free Member

Well, stuff bt sport- I watched the Itv4 highlights instead (still only a 5 minute highlights teaser on bt sport). Bloody good race, feels good to be yelling the goat to victory once more! Those Ducatis did well, a victory won’t be far away- I’ll put a tenner on Dovi 😉

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

I now know the race result because it’s on their home bloody page

FFS!! I hate that, happened to me before watching the DH, it was really nice of Freecaster to put the results on the same page as the replay.

Really hate the fact the MotoGP’s now on BT Sport, I’m stuck with the ITV highlights and really miss the grid walks and race build up 🙁

Really bloody pleased to see Dovi back up there, great rider that doesn’t get enough credit. Equally stoked to see Rossi win again, awesome!! Marquez will hand ’em all their arses next race though, it’s going to be ace to see the Ducati’s in the middle of it all this year 😀

g2tde
    Free Member

Really enjoyed the race and hadnt kept up to date with practise or quali, so was all a big surprise to see the Ducatis so strong and not just under Dovi.

Much as its nice when Dani is in the mix, I can`t see him taking a championship now, his last real hope I think was pre MM, which is a shame as he is the most successful gp rider to have never won it.

I like to see Cal doing well, but dont really care either way, when he was with tech3 and the coverage was still bbc, all that nonsense they cooked up trying to portray him as a character and a practical joker, just made think bollocks what a cockerel. Despite his response to the ducati situation post race on sunday, there was a definite moment of hesitation before he claimed hed still made the right move.

I do also wish that the bt sport commentators would learn how to pronounce Estrella, ffs.

MSP

It isn’t clear to me that Pedrosa’s problems are due to an injury, it seems that he has had the same issues throughout his career on the top bikes. Sometimes being the smallest of the already minuscule men gives him an advantage, but it also creates his problems.

I also think it is a bit dodgy seeking surgery to fix an inherent problem rather than fixing an injury, to me that is very much the same as taking PED’s. It is getting into an area of medical science, morality and philosophical arguments that sports governing bodies are probably not even close to being geared up for.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Foggy was outclassed in MotoGP.

He didn’t do a single Motogp race.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Foggy was outclassed in MotoGP.

Yeah it wasn’t called MotoGP then 😆

Thing is, he made a handful of GP starts on privateer bikes and was a denied a podium at the ’93 British GP when his bike ran out of fuel. You can’t be outclassed as a rider if you’re on lesser machinery to start with.

In addition to 4 WSB titles he won 3 IoM TTs (inc holding the lap record for 7yrs), LeMans 24hr, Bol d’Or, Macau GP, The NorthWest 200 and the Ulster Grand Prix.

Had he got on a factory 500cc bike he would have certainly won races.

epicyclo

namastebuzz – Member
    Yeah it wasn’t called MotoGP then

…Had he got on a factory 500cc bike he would have certainly won races.

Yeah, I know it wasn’t, I’m just using the current term for the top bikes.

Nah, Foggy was a typical Brit rider. A big fish in a lesser pond on lesser bikes. He had no chance – look at who he was up against. He was almost good enough.

As for running out of fuel, there’s lots of what ifs, but they only count the winners once they cross the line and looking after your fuel and tyres is part of it.

It’s been a while since the Hailwood and Sheene days unfortunately.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

It’s been a while since the Hailwood and Sheene days unfortunately.

True indeed but then Hailwood was arguably the best of all time.

Foggy never got offered the right GP ride so we’ll never know.

I don’t think Crutchlow is the best since Sheene though. He’s had 4 seasons of MotoGP and been beaten by his team mate in three of those. In a sport where the only true measure of how good you are is the other bloke on exactly the same bike – it doesn’t augur well.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 438 total)

The topic ‘Moto GP 2015’ is closed to new replies.