Viewing 38 posts - 401 through 438 (of 438 total)
  • Moto GP 2015
  • lobby_dosser
    Free Member

Best man won. Rossi threw it away- no one to blame except himself.

Speshpaul

Rossi is the greatest rider of his generation.
    So why he thinks he has to cheat and act like a bully is beyond me.
    That said its worked for him before.

He throw the title away. No one stole it from him.

nedrapier

When championships are decided by the blokes in blazers

I don’t think it was the blokes in the blazers. Rossi made the decision, he did something that he must have known at the time, or at least straight afterwards, would be impossible to wave aside as a standard racing incident. The people comparing this to Zidane’s headbutt in the WC final have a point.

Rossi’s foot-out decision gave the blazers a decision to make, an agency in a fight that they would otherwise have no involvement in. Imagine the consequences if they’d have said that a raised foot resulting in an off for the other was perfectly fine, and Rossi had won the championship:
    _
    If you were to compare potential tarnished championships: the actual one and a hypothetical Rossi front row start and a Lorenzo: Rossi 1 -2 finish at Valencia, the hypothetical Rossi championship win would be way more tarnished by accusations of blazer favouritism than Lorenzo’s could be accused of now.

onewheelgood

The fastest man won. If Lorenzo hadn’t suffered brain fade at the start of the season, and Pedrosa hadn’t had his op, Rossi would never have been in with a chance. I’d have loved to see him win, it would have been historic. I don’t think he deliberately brought Marquez off, although he was massively provoked by Marquez’s behaviour. Rossi shouldn’t have run him out wide, but Marquez should either have made a clean pass and gone off after Lorenzo, or kept out of the way.

MSP

Or maybe if Marquez had raced Lorenzo today the way he raced Rossi in recent rounds then the result would have been different. Instead he gave Lorenzo a victory procession.

If Lorenzo had come out top in a race today, it would have been a fairer championship, but he didn’t.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Or maybe if Marquez had raced Lorenzo today the way he raced Rossi in recent rounds then the result would have been different. Instead he gave Lorenzo a victory procession.

Neil Hodgson (who knows a thing or two about racing a bike) said the same on BT sport after the race.

hora
    Free Member

MSP as with two footed tackles etc dropping a rider off a motorbike at speed can result in injury. If that was MM intention to punish Rossi could you really blame him?

At the end of the day only one person lost the championship and has one person to blame; Rossi, himself.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I know whose merchandise sales have gone up and whose have gone down.

Both mm and Jlo have cost themselves big time by being dicks. And the outcome would have been the same anyway.

hora
    Free Member

You have access to second by second hourly sales figures? Cool. Or would that be a Journalists word? Those 100% purveyors of truth 😆

Pigface
    Free Member

Hora where has this interest for MotoGp come from.

Sad end to a classic season. I think Marquez may regret playing silly buggers with seemingly everyone calling him rotten apart from Hora 😆

Well done Danny Kent, took some time to get over the line but a champion

hora
    Free Member

Switch things. If MM nudged Rossi off (or appeared to). What would you say?

lazybike
    Free Member

Did any riders congratulate Lorenzo on the cool down lap? The only one I saw was one of the Suzuki riders….And well done Danny Kent!

posiwev
    Free Member

Lorenzo deserved to win, he won two more races than his nearest competior who wasn’t Rossi btw.
    Rossi shot himself in the foot bigtime by trying to play mind games with Marquez, who looked genrally surprised with the outburst meeted out by Rossi at the press conference, as Lorenzo stated he helped him bigtime by taking the lead on the last lap !
    Today’s race wasn’t the most exciting tbh as Lorenzo was in control, he was head and shoulders above the rest in qualifying.
    Just a shame he acts like a spoilt brat at times – he should have kept quite about the Rossi – Marquez incident ala Pedrosa did.
    Next season should be good though, no doubt the wall will be back in place in the Yamaha garage and Honda will have sorted their act out, not good PR for them having to use last year’s bike for them?

Pigface
    Free Member

Why switch things, a rider with no chance of retaining his title was impeding a rider who was going for the title.

There was contact and a rider went down that’s racing, was Jack Miller made to start at the back after taking Crutchlow out?

br
    Free Member

At the end of the day only one person lost the championship and has one person to blame; Rossi, himself.

So you’ve watched a couple of motorbike races and you think you’re an expert now? Knob.

“It ain’t ballroom dancing”, was the best ever comment about bike racing.

I don’t watch bike racing to see ‘managed’ events, I watch it ‘cos the riders want to win and if they don’t, then there is no place for them in bike racing.

posiwev
    Free Member

So you’ve watched a couple of motorbike races and you think you’re an expert now? Knob.

Erm, I hope that comment wasn’t aimed at myself, after all, I know nothing about Motorcycle racing, right, or then again you may just be wrong…?

lazybike
    Free Member

Sad end to a classic season. I think Marquez may regret playing silly buggers with seemingly everyone calling him rotten apart from Hora

Wouldn’t call him rotten, he’d rather Lorenzo win than Rossi, nothing wrong with that.

hora
    Free Member

b r you’ve raced at a top level? Some of the comments in the F1 thread are abit ‘off’ but at the end of the day unless you’ve raced professionally how can you sit in judgement?

Buying and riding a mountain bike (ergo parrallel to a road motorbike) don’t make you a WC cup (or GP) expert..

Rorschach
    Free Member

Shut up Hora you tit 👿

divenwob
    Free Member

Was just thinking that.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

The hate for Marquez and Lorenzo is rather strong on social media!

Dickyboy

Well done to Danny Kent 🙂 took his time but got there in the end

boblo
    Free Member

hora – Member
    Epicyclo Rossi and Lorenzo decided the race. Are you saying all those who saw him deliberately move his leg are wrong?

Interesting how you came to this conclusion when those that gave him the penalty for running Marquez wide didn’t manage to…

I think Marquez and Rossi deserve each other but one impeded a championship contender and the other didn’t. As for Lorenzo, why exactly did he think he should attend the CAS hearing? He was miles down the road and totally uninvolved. Was he trying to manipulate both the hearing and by extension the championship results? Was he that scared of Rossi? I’ve always thought Lorenzo a bit of a Rossi wannabe. Look how he copied Rossi’s celebrations during his early wins… Now he is a knob 😀

Dickyboy

Now he is a knob

aye, but champion knob rather than loser knob 😀

epicyclo

monkeyfudger – Member
    The hate for Marquez and Lorenzo is rather strong on social media!

MM fair enough, but Lorenzo earned his place.

I’ve no beef with Lorenzo being champion, because I think he had a good chance of taking it in a fair fight.

I reckon Marquez should have had a ban for the harassment in the last race. It was bleedingly obvious what he was doing.

br
    Free Member

b r you’ve raced at a top level? Some of the comments in the F1 thread are abit ‘off’ but at the end of the day unless you’ve raced professionally how can you sit in judgement?

Not professionally (probably less than 1% of riders ever get paid), but I raced as am amateur when younger, have ridden bikes since I was a kid (and legally from 16, plus old enough to have a 250 on L plates) and have watched racing (UK and abroad) since my Dad took me in the late 60’s.

So probably a fair bit of experience.

Pigface
    Free Member

Been meaning to put this on but got distracted by the Marquez Lorenzo Rossi thing.

Farewell Nicky Hayden, ex world champ and good racer, of to pedal a diesel around by the sounds of it.

Lorenzo is getting grief because he was like a hysterical child in Sepang, shouting the odds in race control, he did do well to cope with the pressure in Valencia but lets be honest Marquez was never going to try and take the win.

epicyclo

Stoner is back!

Test rider for Ducati. This should be interesting.

lazybike
    Free Member

Stoner is back!

Test rider for Ducati. This should be interesting. not if if you’re a Ducati rider…no one else could ride with his set up 🙂

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

I’d like to see him back, he was without doubt one the most talented riders ever IMO but I just can’t see it happening. Plus, it’d be great the rehash all the old moaner jokes 😛

bikebouy
    Free Member

Stoner for sliding rear wheel cornering!

Ace.

epicyclo

Last day of testing:

Unofficial times (MotoGP)
    1. Scott Redding Ducati 1m38.9s
    2. Marc Marquez Honda 1m39.1s
    3. Danilo Petrucci Ducati 1m39.3s
    4. Andrea Iannone Ducati 1m39.6s
    5. Andrea Dovizioso Ducati 1m39.7s
    6. Dani Pedrosa Honda 1m39.9s
    7. Hector Barbera Ducati 1m39.9s
    8. Loris Baz Ducati 1m40.2s
    9. Yonny Hernandez Ducati 1m40.4s

I used to love watching him back the bike in in Moto2. Maybe this Ducati is just what he needs… 🙂

5thElefant
    Free Member

Wsbk on track at the same time:

Pos No Rider Bike Series Time
    1 66 Tom Sykes Kawasaki ZX-10R 1:39.313
    2 65 Jonathan Rea Kawasaki ZX-10R 1:39.524
    3 12 Xavi Fores Ducati 1199 R 1:40.148
    4 69 Nicky Hayden Honda CBR1000RR 1:40.193
    5 7 Chaz Davies Ducati 1199 R 1:40.774
    6 34 Davide GiuglianoDucati 1199 R 1:41.152
    7 2 Leon Camier MV Agusta 1000 1:41.219

Those road bikes are surprisingly quick.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Surprisingly quick? Hislop set the outright two wheeled lap record on a BSB Ducati at Donington just over a decade ago.
    I remember Rossi saying in a interview that it didn’t surprise him as some circuits suited the Superbikes better than the GP bikes,maybe Jerez is one of those circuits,or maybe the Michelins aren’t quite up to it?

lazybike
    Free Member

Back in 08 Bayliss did a 1.31.4 on his superpole lap at Phillip Island, the same time that Rossi did in qualifying this year, Lorenzo was fastest with 1.30. Those motogp times are the same as they were doing in the 2008 test, the 08 test was on Michelins, I’m guessing track surface and conditions must be different..still surprising at how similar the times are.
    In fact Hayden was quickest in the 08 test 38.9.

epicyclo

I’m looking forward to 2016.

We have some Brit riders with the chance of a MotoGP podium now.

Prediction:

Bradley Smith 4th at the end of the year.
    Redding 5th.

Crutchlow? unpredictable, but expect flashes of brilliance. He may have been better off in the old 500 days.

And then there’s Danny Kent in Moto2, although there may be a learning curve.

rossi46
    Free Member
Viewing 38 posts - 401 through 438 (of 438 total)

The topic ‘Moto GP 2015’ is closed to new replies.