Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 369 total)
  • Moto GP 2014
  • rossi46
    Free Member

Right then, i haven’t got BT Sports so im relying on all you good people who have to keep me updated 😀
    All i have is the press: Crash.net, Moto GP.com, MCN etc
    I heard that you can watch it all on a German broadcaster on the internet- is this true? Anyone know what this site is?

Anyway, i quite like Yamahas new paint 😉

5thElefant
    Free Member

Get a motogp.com pass. Just like before the BBC coverage started.

RustySpanner

Nice bike.

That bloke in the picture – didn’t he used to be Valentino Rossi?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    br
    Free Member

Broadband is pretty much the same price from all the suppliers, so just move to BT?

Or have I missed something?

rossi46
    Free Member

didn’t he used to be Valentino Rossi

He needs to shave his head again- more aerodynamic, less drag etc 😉

Rorschach
    Free Member

I thought Marc Marquez was Rossi now?
    Cal will be wishing he was anybody without a Ducati contract 😥

rossi46
    Free Member

so just move to BT?

Im on Sky and my contract lasts another year 😳

Crell
    Free Member

If any of you use Plusnet as your ISP and already have Sky, you can add BT sport (delivered on SKY)for 5.99 (SD) or 7.50 (HD). I think that’s half price, and a lot cheaper than the Dorna Moto GP pass.

I may do it when the season starts.

http://www.plus.net/tv/btsport/

br
    Free Member

Bloody hell, just read this:

http://sport.bt.com/pages/sport/BT-Sport-on-Sky/

From 25th January 2014 BT Sport will only be available on BT TV for customers who have or take BT Infinity. Use our checker to find out if you can get Infinity: http://www.bt.com/infinity.

FFS my local exchange isn’t…, so does that mean I can’t actually watch MotoGP on TV?

bhmartin
    Free Member

Download XBMC on to your computer and watch it free on mashup.

Rorschach
    Free Member

From 25th January 2014 BT Sport will only be available on BT TV for customers who have or take BT Infinity.

Enormous cocks 👿 .

epicyclo

The Oz programme for the MotoGP always used to be good with some great commentators, best of whom was Barry Sheene.

I wonder if it’s possible to view that – or has it been taken over by likes of Sky?

Anyone know?

For this season I’m hoping Crutchlow has made the right decision. I think he’s got the right mindset for the Ducati, just hope they live up to their end of the deal. Or will he end up developing it for 2 years, getting it just right, and then get spat out and replaced with a “better” rider.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Rumours of Jorge at Ducati in 2015…? Surely not.

Any idea who the BT commentators will be? Please please let it NOT be Charlie Cox.

Edit… looks like it won’t be Toby Moody 🙁

bikebouy
    Free Member

Erm.. does this mean it’s not on Eurosport for 2014 then??

I am very dissapoint 😡

Pigface
    Free Member

Going to be a fescinating season inspite of BT and the TV bobbins going on.

Will Marquez clear off or will Yamaha give Jorge a bike that can keep up. If they go at it like last year then injuries are likely to be a factor on where the title goes.

Cant see Valentino reclaiming old glory 🙁 Who knows about Pedrosa but if he doesnt win then it has to be bye bye works Honda. To many young chargers coming from Moto2.

Crutchlow will struggle on the Ducati, the rest of the Brits will do ok, Bradley to get on the podium sometime this season, the rest to do fine without setting the world on fire. Actually Redding may cause a few sparks 😆

I think Hayden will go well on the privateer Honda.

All the above may be utter rubbish we shall see.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Who knows about Pedrosa but if he doesnt win then it has to be bye bye works Honda. To many young chargers coming from Moto2.

If Marquez wins it then providing Predrosa comes second or third then I can’t see him being ousted. Bringing in a young charger would be nice to see but I can’t see Honda wanting to bring in someone who’s going to mess with Marquez.

If it wasn’t for the publicity and the big sponsors then Valentino wouldn’t be on the Yam.

Pol got to be one to watch too.

MSP

It is going to be a great season, the way Jorge upped his game in the second half of last season and took the battle to Marquez was just incredible at times. I can’t see beyond them for the championship and the majority of the wins through the season though, unless Ducati surprises everyone and turns up with a great bike.

Watching it is going to be a problem, iirc the motogp.com season pass was stupid expensive.

pondo

Erm.. does this mean it’s not on Eurosport for 2014 then??

It’s my unhappy duty to confirm no, it’s not on Eurosport. 🙁

andytherocketeer

is it no longer on BBC? or is that repeated highlights only?

don’t recall seeing it on RTL, but then I haven’t explicitly looked for it. RTL on German cable with Radio5Live via satellite for English audio, is how I watch F1.

mrblobby
    Free Member

BT Sport exclusively I believe.

MSP

don’t recall seeing it on RTL, but then I haven’t explicitly looked for it. RTL on German cable with Radio5Live via satellite for English audio, is how I watch F1.

I have tried that for some football, but just found the time lag between the pictures and the audio way too much.

andytherocketeer

F1 isn’t too bad, other than knowing what’s about to happen at the first corner. Bonus is when RTL has an ad break (and some go on for ages), you don’t miss the action while taking your own pitstop and making a brew.

Footie you know if a strike on goal is successful or not before the guy crosses the ball in. Imagine that kinda spoils the surprise a bit.

Might check RTL. Think it’s still FTA on satellite (at least in SD).

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

First day of pre season testing nearly over and normal service resumed for the Aliens.

Looks like Ducati have built another fine bike for their riders too! 😕 Hard to gauge pace from the first day but for Cal’s sake, I do hope they are sandbagging.

weeksy

I can’t see how anything has/will/may change for Ducati.. simple as that.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Blimey, Marquez half a second better than anyone else. Espagaro putting some of the factory riders to shame yet again.

Pigface
    Free Member

Yamahas close which is good, young Marquez 😆 what is there left to say?

mrblobby
    Free Member

From crash.net…

According to Yamaha, the Sepang track temperature is now 57ºC and air temperature 35ºC. #Melting

Flippin eck!

rossi46
    Free Member

Rossi seems to be going ok, second most of the time so far and importantly for him faster than J Lo. Early doors yet though.
    Smithy is fastest Brit, going quite well so far- good lad.
    Ducati is……..well……..the same. They can only improve though eh?

RustySpanner

weeksy – Member

I can’t see how anything has/will/may change for Ducati.. simple as that.

Looks like it might.

If they do enter the open class, they’ll have a far better chance both this year and next year.
    Generic ECU but more fuel and more engines.

Got to be worth a punt.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Do wonder how competitive they would be as they struggle to get ahead of some of the Open class bikes as it is.

weeksy

they’ll have a far better chance both

Of ?

RustySpanner

mrblobby – Member

Do wonder how competitive they would be as they struggle to get ahead of some of the Open class bikes as it is.

They’d have more power in the open class.
    Using the control electronics might force them to make the bike work instead of trying to mask it’s problems.

weeksy – Member

they’ll have a far better chance both

Of ?

Redeveloping the bike.
    OR
    Growing prize winning dahlias.

🙂

weeksy

Now this is all guesswork and conjecture, but i’d bet a pile of cash Honda have an ‘open class’ bike at their test track, running the stock ECU, with more fuel etc and have found it’s simply not better than their GP class machine.

I think Ducati would still end up as also rans… it’s a harsh terminology to use I admit, but even though it’s <1%… it’s still an also ran essentially.

RustySpanner

But the Honda already works. 😀

Increased development opportunities give Ducati a better chance of improvement, obviously.

5thElefant
    Free Member

If they do enter the open class, they’ll have a far better chance both this year and next year.
    Generic ECU but more fuel and more engines.

Got to be worth a punt.
    More importantly they won’t get hit by the development freeze. I can’t see how they can do anything other than enter the open class. Running the same bike with chassis tweaks for the next 2 years isn’t really an option.

RustySpanner

It would be a very brave move indeed.

I hope they go for it.

rossi46
    Free Member

Great photo from Sepang day 1.

Perfect lighting 😉

Espargaro is impressing, anyone else sensing that he may just be the surprise package of the year?

Pigface
    Free Member

Looks like Honda are coping well with the new fuel restrictions unlike Yamaha.

epicyclo

Just looked at the practise laps.

Hope they’re paying Crutchlow enough to destroy his career on that Ducati. Way off the pace, and I’m sure he rode the bike like a demon.

Rossi doing very nicely just behind Marquez.

billysugger
    Free Member

People get swept up by the times that Rossi can post in testing, practice, quali etc but then he gets smoked by the kids when they start the race on cold tyres.

He wont win a ting if they don’t sort that area.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 369 total)

The topic ‘Moto GP 2014’ is closed to new replies.