Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 369 total)
  • Moto GP 2014
  • Pigface
    Free Member

What is the status on spoilers, don’t want to be called an asshat by Rorschach again.

Cal is starting the process of being placed on Hate Island, he has been dishing it out to a few journo on Twitter and seems so bloody chippy, fast on a bike but you have won sod all so wind your neck in Crutchlow.

Currently residing on Hate Island, Stoner, he has no chance of leaving 😆

Euro
    Free Member

What is the status on spoilers

MotoGP thread the day after the race? Spoil away i say.

Hate ******* BT as a company and will never give them any of my hard earned, so i’m looking forward to ITV4 tonight. Watched the main race on the feed linked on page 3 and it was frustrating to say the least. Started well but got a bit ropey towards the end as only the sound was live and accompanied by a few frozen images in the last couple of laps 👿 . Sounded like a decent race. Gutted for Brad but chuffed for Scott.

divenwob
    Free Member

Bt Sport via Virgin for me,what an opener!!!! So do we need a new thread so those who have,can?Do we have to stay silent for 24hrs after every race when we have paid to watch?????????? 🙄

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    weeksy

IMO, anyone who opens a “motogp 2014” thread and expects not to see spoilers, is beyond help….

Thread title spoilers, i can accept… however in a thread specifically for the particular subject… is just ridiculous.

divenwob
    Free Member

Who can suggest a better final few laps?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Mods, can you add a spoiler tag to the title?

Cal was indeed an angry man having just got off the bike, though from what I’ve heard that’s not unusual for him. I’d not question the mindset that riders have to get into to do what they do!

Great race. Thought Sykes and Toseland were dreadful. Had to watch it recorded so luckily could skip most of the waffle and get straight to the race. Realise now how good Toby Moody was. Heuwen was disappointingly reminiscent of Charlie Cox.

clubber
    Free Member

IMO, anyone who opens a “motogp 2014” thread and expects not to see spoilers, is beyond help….

+1. Now if someone posts ‘Yay XXXX won the moto GP’ as a subject line that’s different but as someone who regularly watches the F1 late, you know not to open F1 threads until you know the result…

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

ITV4 now for those waiting for highlights!

rureadyboots
    Free Member

So Crutchlow’s won sod all now has he? 🙄

jim25

hes won more than me!
    Including the world supersport championship

Pigface
    Free Member

Yeah Cal has won sod all for him to be billy big boots and dishing it out to journos, World Super Sport British Super Sport that’s it. When he wins ( which he won’t) the MotoGP or WSB then he get all moody and shout the odds.

MSP

Given how close to the front runners Bradley Smith was before he fell off, and how far behind Cal he was last year, it does beg the question if Cal could have been a genuine championship contender under the new rules if he had stayed at tech3? or is it more a case that he was the (favoured) number 1 rider last year who got the best treatment in the team.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

My inner fan boy is confused, turns out I still have a bigger man crush on Rossi than Marquez!

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Forgot just how much I hate watching highlights 🙁 very frustrating watching the lap counter jump. Moto2/3 was pretty much unwatchable.

mboy
    Free Member

Didn’t get to watch the race yesterday, caught up this evening.

AMAZING seeing Rossi back to his very best! Shame Jorge binned it so early, meaning there was really only 2 class acts left in the race (Pedrosa is and always has been an also ran, just one with the best bike). The Honda obviously still has the legs over the Yamaha, but seeing Rossi obviously having reminded himself he can actually ride a bloody bike.

You can accuse me of being a Fanboi all you like, I don’t care! He is back on form, and it’s wonderful to see! At some of the slower twistier circuits, I don’t see Honda even getting on the podium with Jorge, Valentino and Brad looking so hot right now! 😀

rossi46
    Free Member

status on spoilers

How about after its been shown on ITV4?
    Sound fair? Everyone agree?
    I like many have to watch on ITV4 as no BT. Have to say, they are allright. Not a bad effort seeing as they have to put everything into a 1 hr timeslot- although if they cut down on the adverts we could see more.
    Dare I say, better than nothing?

rossi46
    Free Member

+1 for Rossi, the goat has once again earned the alien title!
    Shall we add Bautista and Bradders to the alien list? And Espargaro.
    Can’t wait for Austin now!!

pondo

How about after its been shown on ITV4?
    Sound fair? Everyone agree?

Nah. Why would you click on a thread called MotoGP 2014 in the 24 hours following a GP? You’ll be in the minority to expect it won’t discuss the racing.

mrblobby
    Free Member

only 2 class acts left in the race (Pedrosa is and always has been an also ran, just one with the best bike)

Not a huge fan of Dani but think that’s a bit harsh on him. A world champ three years in a row (once in 125 then twice in 250). Four third place and three second place motogp championship finishes. End of the 2012 season he was unstoppable. If he wasn’t quite so fragile he’d have probably won one by now. Unarguably a class act.

Having said that I do wonder how he’d get on if the weight limit was rider and bike like it is now in the smaller classes.

rureadyboots
    Free Member

Pigface – Member 
    Yeah Cal has won sod all for him to be billy big boots and dishing it out to journos, World Super Sport British Super Sport that’s it. When he wins ( which he won’t) the MotoGP or WSB then he get all moody and shout the odds.

Your pass to have an opinion thats taken seriously on motorbike racing has been revoked.

Please refrain from posting in this thread.

epicyclo

Pigface – Member

Right now he has more points than Lorenzo and a few others who were in front of him on the grid.

I’m not a great fan of his, but I think he’s probably the guy with the right attitude to make the Ducati work for him. Lots of you didn’t like Stoner either, but the red mist can work for some…

Brilliant to see Rossi back on form, but he usually does well when the track conditions are difficult for the others, so I’m waiting to see how he goes in the next race before I believe he has risen again. 🙂

tommiddleton
    Free Member

https://www.facebook.com/alexraicutv

A link to someone posting coverage of the motogp, moto2 and moto3 races.

Cut up into 12 minute chunks, but hey!

🙂

mrblobby
    Free Member

Rossi always goes well at Qatar. I’d not read too much into the first race of the season (other than the Marquez win!)

Pigface
    Free Member

Right now he has more points than Lorenzo and a few others who were in front of him on the grid.

If that is the logic we are using then so has Colin Edwards 😆

Well boots instead of trying to be funny come up with a counter argument untill then na na neh na nah 😛

epicyclo

Pigface – Member
    “Right now he has more points than Lorenzo and a few others who were in front of him on the grid.”
    If that is the logic we are using then so has Colin Edwards

Which proves that at this stage of the campaign, Edwards has been a better rider than Lorenzo and the others whose bikes took a rest during the race.

They only count the winners when they cross the finishing line.

Pigface
    Free Member

😆 ok lets see what happens over the season.

They only count the winners when they cross the finishing line.

To be an utter pedant as it seems we are, there is only one winner per race 😉

rureadyboots
    Free Member

Pigface, my argument is that maybe you’re better suited to the the sterile acquiescent **** wits that inhabit the F1 paddock. 😛

I dont think you are quite cool enough to like motorbikes.

Pigface
    Free Member

🙄 I am sorry I am just not cool enough for you Boots,

Hardly call Kimi acquiescent and if you have ever read any of the the F1 threads I have contributed to then you will see I have no love for F1 as it stands at the moment. I guess you haven’t though.

Guess I am going to have to sell my bike 🙁

epicyclo

Pigface – Member
    …To be an utter pedant as it seems we are, there is only one winner per race

OK, for the pedantic.

Any rider who crosses the finishing line is a better rider on that day than those who fell off.

Unless that falling off was from circumstances beyond their control like riding too close to Marquez, or getting zapped by the Death Star because Darth was annoyed.

Getting rid of your bike, eh? Any useful bits on it? 🙂

epicyclo

Just read that Crutchlow’s dash turned off in the race. No wonder he was pissed…

Pigface
    Free Member

Oh that is awful news 😉 😉 😉

GeForceJunky

April fools?

pondo

Why do they bother?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Overnight tyres? 🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

Holy crap how fast is Marquez in Texas 😯

divenwob
    Free Member

Very! 😆

almightydutch
    Free Member

Ben Spies description and opinion of him on BTSport live was bang on. As fast as Stoner but more well rounded.

Amazing riding by him and hes only going to get better/faster

mrblobby
    Free Member

Should be quite a good race for second. May as well give Marquez the 25 points now though.

Pigface
    Free Member

Anyone else seen those Twitter pictures of Marquez 😯 defying the laws of physics and logic.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 369 total)

The topic ‘Moto GP 2014’ is closed to new replies.