• This topic has 815 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Muke.
Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 816 total)
  • Moto GP 2013
  • Pigface
    Free Member

If you think that Lorenzo’s performance was boring then you sir are a galoot 😉

Lorenzo was awesome.

JAG

Agreed Lorenzo was amazing.

It looks to me like Marquez is doing well simply because he’s prepared to take risks. Lorenzo was able to just ‘turn-on-the-style’ and keep ahead of Marquez despite his risky behaviour.

Marquez always seems just a little bit more ‘on-the-edge’ than Lorenzo 8)

I’d still love to be able to ride half as well as either of them!!

MSP

I think Marquez could be faster if Lorenzo wasn’t in the way, he seems to be able to carry more mid corner speed, but can’t use it when Lorenzo is in front. It is a great skill though to ride with a probably faster rider behind you, keep it so precise and not make any mistakes. That has always been his style but Marquez has just pushed him a bit further and he really has become a master at it.

Crell
    Free Member

I will accept the title, for I speak the truth 🙂

Not doubting any of the talent, just the lack of action at the front.

rossi46
    Free Member

Remembering Marco, does anyone remember this?

250 race, where was it?

Always makes me laugh 😆

Pigface
    Free Member

Rossi and Burgess split 😯

br
    Free Member

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/197903/1/valentino_rossi_to_split_from_crew_chief_jerry_burgess.html

Probably give Jerry a good reason to retire now, as it doesn’t look like Rossi is going to.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I think they may have had more luck replacing the rider.

peteimpreza

Any update on the UK tv coverage for next year?

Is it BT sport only?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Bit of a shock about Burgess and Rossi. Rossi lost the faith? Burgess to team up with fellow Aussie Stoner for his MotoGP comeback 😉

Believe UK coverage next year is BT Sport only.

Muke
    Free Member

I don’t think JB will be too upset, after all I’m sure the last 3 years have been just as frustrating for him as they have for VR.

rossi46
    Free Member

Marc Marquez. Wow!
    The king of not crashing sticks it on pole. Go on the boy!

I so thought Bradders was going to be 3rd on the grid for a moment there. Great ride.

lazybike
    Free Member

I so thought Bradders was going to be 3rd on the grid for a moment there. Great ride

He’s looking good, next year will be a big one for him…hopefuly

singlecrack
    Free Member

Burgess was ready to retire in 2000…it was Rossi that convinced him otherwise
    prob be happy to now

shame about Spies

Crell
    Free Member

Yep, that was a hell of a lap from Marquez. Lorenzo was giving it some fighting talk though re the engine problems he said he was having.

Saddest thing was seeing how gutted Redding was. He just looked utterly hacked off with it all. Can’t see him doing anything tomorrow. Why risk his first GP test. Great to see Rea so high up as well, and Mcphee is announcing his new deal tonight / tomorrow.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Saddest thing was seeing how gutted Redding was. He just looked utterly hacked off with it all. Can’t see him doing anything tomorrow

Broken wrist then a 100mph tumble-drier. I’d be watching it on the tv.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Blimey, just seen Marquez’s pole lap 😯 just looked so out of shape the whole lap!

rossi46
    Free Member

Marquez should’ve been in the gravel at least 3 times in that lap. I’ve never shouted at the telly in disbelief in a qualifying session before! It shows how much he wants it, to put it on the line like that- it was like win it or bin it!
    Respect!

Crell
    Free Member

Don’t you think though there’s a distinct possibility he’ll do the latter 🙂 He was totally out of shape in Sector 1 but he came out up one or 2 tenths over Jorge’s time. Bonkers.

jim25

Thats what is so great about Marquez, he just wants to win, all the time. The championship is just a bonus!

Pigface
    Free Member

Love Marques’s attitude to racing but that quali lap was dumb, if he had binned it and done a collar bone that’s the championship. It is brilliant to watch, does make me wonder when his luck is going to run out.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Probably the reason Marquez’s dad always looks like the most worried man in the paddock!

MSP

Exciting first few laps, great stuff, don’t think I have ever seen Pedrosa so aggressive.

transmute
    Free Member

Nooooooo! 🙂

transmute
    Free Member

Go Lorenzo!

legend
    Free Member

Pooing myself just watching this 🙂

(Marquez fan)

MSP

This is **** awesome!

transmute
    Free Member

The boy doesn’t know when he’s won! It’s going to be gravel or champ at this rate! 🙂

toppers3933
    Free Member

This is great. Shame about cal though.

transmute
    Free Member

The boy done good! He’ll be fast once he get’s used to the bigger bike!

lexinoo
    Free Member

Congratulations Marquez,great race

Pigface
    Free Member

Holy crap what a race 😯

JAG

Well done to everyone, what an amazing final race!

Lorenzo; did what he could to win the championship – but it didn’t work out…

Pedrosa; did what he could to ensure he gets a ride next year and for a few more years…

Marquez; rode an incredibly mature race and deserves to be World Champion! 8)

What a season. More ups and downs than all the F1 coverage for the last 5 years 😀

singlecrack
    Free Member

Marquez a worthy champ this year …well done

But to me the best rider this year especially the second half was Lorenzo …to do what he did on the bike and budget Yamaha has …..unbelievable

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Pedrosa …..why you dont ride like that every race of the season 😐

Lorenzo ….you truly is an ace.. Well done

Marquez …. Congrats

singlecrack
    Free Member

Yes Pedrosa will be the best rider to never win a world championship

Crell
    Free Member

Just caught up with all 3 races. As Ryder said on Eurosport, that was the most aggressive GP race ever. Well at least for the first 12 laps or so. Brilliant to watch; I thought Dani was on a bonus to take out Jorge, but brilliant passing and re-passing for what seemed like corner after corner.

I still remember what a moron Marquez could be at times through his 125 and moto2 career, but there’s no doubting his talent on the bike. I thought he was going to try to re-pass Pedrosa, and not doing so (as well as letting Jorge & Dani fight it out) was probably the best decision he’s made to date.

Interesting to hear Marquez wonder whether the title had come “too soon” in the interview.

Biggest disappointment was that’s the end of Eurosport coverage. I’ve been watching it for about 15 years and I won’t be swapping to BT or paying a kings’ ransom for the DORNA online “pass”. Nice “montage” at the end of the show, but surprisingly little said. Wasn’t sure if that meant Moody & Ryder (and Spalders) were off to BT maybe as such as small song and dance made.

🙁

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

What a race, that was serious heart in mouth stuff, you get the feeling Lorenzo was the man today but damn Dani was aggressive. Seriously, why doesn’t he go for it like that every race! Also I miss burnouts, stick the engine rule up your arse!!

^ Yep gutted about the coverage going pay per view, one less thing to watch on TV. ^

RustySpanner

wolfenstein – Member

Pedrosa …..why you dont ride like that every race of the season

Because his long term future is under threat?
    He has sooo much talent – shame he’s usually a bit reticent about mixing it.

Great season, nice to see Bradders doing well and fingers crossed for Cal next year.

Rossi & Burgess?
    I genuinely have no idea what’s gone on there.
    Perhaps JB suggested that Vale should pack it in, as he’s obviously not as good as he used to be? 🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

Yes Pedrosa will be the best rider to never win a world championship

There are a lot of brilliant riders who never won the World Chamioship on 500’s or MotoGp, Melandri springs to mind, never came together for him, Pedrosa is the rider with the best kit that has never won. (Well so far)

Maybe to soon for Marquez, 20 yrs old and top of the world, I hope he keeps it together, there are a lot of prodigious talents in a lot of sports who have fallen foul of such achievements at an early age.

Congratulations to Maverick Vinales for getting the Moto3 crown. Great name 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 816 total)

The topic ‘Moto GP 2013’ is closed to new replies.