• This topic has 815 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Muke.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 816 total)
  • Moto GP 2013
  • buck53

I know where you’re coming from Weeksy but he was forced out of Honda pretty unceremoniously, got the best results by far of any satellite bike and still ends up flogging the old pony.

I think he’s probably cursing Rossi out at the minute!

weeksy

buck53 – Member
    I know where you’re coming from Weeksy but he was forced out of Honda pretty unceremoniously, got the best results by far of any satellite bike and still ends up flogging the old pony.

Was he forced out of the LCR team then or choose to leave to get the factory ride on higher pay ?

tomaso
    Free Member

The interesting thing with the Rossi Stoner Laguna incident is that Rossi left the track and cut the corner and should technically have been penalised – he left the track and gained an advantage. As spectacular as it was motogp penalises the Moto3 riders at some tracks for going out beyond the kerbs to carry extra corner speed with times in qualifying being disallowed and in WSB at Monza they get penalised for cutting the chicanes.

Pigface
    Free Member

If you think Rossis corkscrew manouver was meant to gain an advantage the same way as cutting a chicane does then you sir are bonkers 😆

I think him duffing up Gibernau was way more questionable.

Dovi should be cursing Smith if anyone, how he got the Tech 3 ride aftet his performances last year is amazing. Dovi has ended up with the shitty end of the stick.

weeksy

Dovi is now an Italian on an Italian factory bike.. he’s hero worshipped in the country

tomaso
    Free Member

Pigface – If you think Rossi’s corkscrew maneuver didn’t gain him an advantage then you sir are bonkers :mrgreen:

weeksy

tomaso – Member
    Pigface – If you think Rossi’s corkscrew maneuver didn’t gain him an advantage then you sir are bonkers

It did… but i don’t think he deliberately MEANT to end up on the dirt on a 230bhp machine at 100mph 🙂 when pinned on the throttle.

buck53

Was he forced out of the LCR team then or choose to leave to get the factory ride on higher pay ?

Not sure he had an offer from LCR for 2013, as far as I know he only had that offer when HRC dropped him after the third year in 2011.

I feel for the guy either way, don’t think he’s feeling too adored judging from the pics/results from the tests.

Pigface
    Free Member

😆 It was a good job moaner was on the track as it helped keep Rossi upright by barging into him 😆

Didnt moaner start that war by giving him a nudge with his shoulder passing him down the start straight after that all hell breaks loose until moaner binned it. May be wrong apologies if I am.

LS
    Free Member

Rossi doing that move on purpose is about as likely as Biaggi meaning to do THAT wheelie 😀

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

If you think Rossis corkscrew manouver was meant to gain an advantage the same way as cutting a chicane does then you sir are bonkers

Watch the footage closely. Rossi went into the corner with a full bike length, he came out of it with only 1/2 a bike length and left room for Stoner. Hardly and advantage is it?
    This is a cleaner pass and at over 100mph too. Last lap, last corner.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcU17zRMBEA[/video]

tomaso
    Free Member

I wouldn’t suggest Rossi did THAT move on purpose but he did overcook it at the end of the straight and didn’t have the line into the corkscrew and made the ballsy decision to try and make the corner around the outside and then went inside the kerbs on the next corner.

grannygrinder
    Free Member

Should be a good season this year.
    Shame Stoner has gone as it will be hard to tell how fast everybody else is going without his yardstick off in the distance.
    By the way, who’s the best ever?, Mick Doohan of course. He used to ride harder with a 1/2 lap lead than most of the current crop do when ‘battling’ for the lead.

grannygrinder
    Free Member

Last lap last corner. Awesome!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkAKN1I-784

Reluctant
    Free Member

Marquez is already an alien, (Partly cos he has a factory Honda), but we’ve seen what he can do and how aggressive he is – I think he’ll be up there in all races.
    Great seeing Rossi at the top of the timesheets again and the smile back on his face; gotta love him after all the years of quality entertainment he’s given us. Stoner was always quick and a joy to watch in slo-mo when he was on the edge, but he never liked a good scrap did he? He was never entertainment in the way that Rossi is. Did you ever sit on the edge of your seat wondering what the **** Stoner is going to do next?

br
    Free Member

Dovi will be the usual dark-horse, nearly but not quite there – irrelevent of bike.

And MM is an definately an alien.

Pigface
    Free Member

Doohan Criville is good but Rossi Gibernau OOOOF 😆

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rujtlt1DGk[/video]

deviant
    Free Member

Its always great theatre when Rossi is fighting for wins…roll on the first race of the season, can wait for the fist time Rossi sticks a move like that on Marquez.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Or vice versa 😕 Either way, it’s going to be exciting!

rossi46
    Free Member

Marquez is already awesome and looks like he will add some spice!

Yup and he’s only going to go faster!

Who’s the best, the greatest of all time?
    Who cares? This season shows alot of promise already- i for one want a repeat of Rossi V Lorenzo at Barcelona a couple of years ago!
    I also want Marquez to be right there and Cal elbowing his way through aswell :mrgreen:

And yes, i am a Rossi fan (the name gives it away)- and yes i will miss Stoner. He was arguably Rossi’s greatest competitor and the only one (except Lorenzo) who could really give him a headache. He didn’t fall for Rossi’s mind games.

lexinoo
    Free Member

Why do people always bleat on about Doohan ,schwantz,Lawson etc.???
    They only rode poxy little 500s in them days !!!

grannygrinder
    Free Member

1994 NSR 500 V4 187bhp and 126kg
    2013 RC213V 1000cc 230bhp and 157kg

lexinoo
    Free Member

Just messing mate.I loved the two stroke era.I wish we could have them back.
    Doohan is one of my all time heroes,as is Rossi but No one can take anything away from stoner,love him or hate him he is a class rider.
    Nice to see vale up at the front end again during the testing this week ,I soooo hope we’ll get to see him battling and winning races again this year.

rossi46
    Free Member

Nice to see vale up at the front end again during the testing this week ,I soooo hope we’ll get to see him battling and winning races again this year.

He was doing this sort of thing consistently during the Sepang testing- that’s more than i saw him do during two seasons at Ducati.
    It means he’s back in a happy place and can play with the bike properly, so yes he’s going to be back to winning ways this year!

I also remember a photo of Marco Simoncelli at this very corner getting it very sideways in style. Just made me smile to see all the top lads ‘having it’ 😀

Matt24k
    Free Member

Sorry to get in the way of your Rossi v Stoner bitch fest but this pic shows what a real man can do on a motorcycle 🙂
    J-P Ruggia on a smoking, in every way, 500cc 2 stroke. Those were the days. One minute you’re knee down, elbow down and the next second you are on the way to the moon via snap high side!
    2013 Moto GP looks very interesting but at the end of the day Stoner didn’t want to play any more and had the balls to just walk away. Good luck to him.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Much as I love motogp over the last few years it’s been getting processional.They’re the best racers on the planet but I much prefer watching the 600’s & 250 single classes.
    World superbikes Bsb and their supersport classes have all been more entertaining.
    I hope Laverty does well on Birdys bike,I thought he did really well first time at Sepang.

flange
    Free Member

I think Rossi is ace, classy rider and very entertaining to watch both on and off the bike. HOWEVER with Stoner walking away it does leave a lot of unanswered questions. Genius move by Moaner either way..

Pigface
    Free Member

Olivier Jacque was another Frency who liked getting his elbow down, he was also brilliant in the wet.

Reluctant
    Free Member

THAT picture of Marco ~ one of my all time fave pics.

Woody
    Free Member

Casey was the faster rider. The better one too. Comparative Ducati performances prove that.

Haha that amused me!

Can’t wait for the season to get going properly as I’m a huge Rossi fan. There seems to be an awful lot of negative comments re Bradley Smith which I find hard to understand. It’ll be very interesting to see how he performs this year and I think he is mature well beyond his years and will benefit hugely from the extra power to offset the previous height disadvantage.

Pigface
    Free Member

I think the Bradley knocking comes from

1 his ousting Dovi in the Tech 3 team

2 He had a pretty pants season last year, mainly due to the Tech 3 chassis being pi55 poor

I hope he does well, doing ok in the times from Sepang.

Pigface
    Free Member

Oh and I love that Marco photo, still chokes me up remembering him.

Pigface
    Free Member

ooops

Wibble
    Free Member

For me Rainey or Doohan for GOAT (product of my age though probably). In the four stroke era Stoner & Rossi both awesome but Rossi on a decent bike gets my vote. Sadly MGP has been boring beyond belief for the last couple of years. WSB & (even more so) BSB have been the most entertaining. Interested to see if Rossi is still competitive actually racing. I hope so as might make it worth watching again.

rossi46
    Free Member

Well, it’s World Superbikes time this weekend 8) My money’s on Carlos Checa but it looks like the Brits are gonna be right in there aswell: Phillip Island Test Times

rossi46
    Free Member

Sepang Test 2

Rain stopped play by the look of it- those Ducati’s didn’t do too well in the damp like they usually do either 😕

bwaarp
    Free Member

My money’s on Carlos Checa

LOL the Ducati’s got owned.

Basically the 1098 was probably the better chassis and currently anything Ducati produce’s is a load of shite.

I’m sincerely looking forward to watching the idiots get it handed to them by Aprillia and BMW.

rossi46
    Free Member

My money’s on Carlos Checa

😳 Doh! It all went a bit Pete Tong for him didn’t it 😕

I started a different thread for WSB 😉

Reluctant
    Free Member

Careless Chucker…….Pete Tong……no change there then 😆 (glad he’s ok though ~ nice guy!)

Seen the timesheets this morning? Cal running third for several sessions, ahead of Marquez and Rossi ~ very impressive! 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 816 total)

The topic ‘Moto GP 2013’ is closed to new replies.