• This topic has 815 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Muke.
Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 816 total)
  • Moto GP 2013
  • hooli

While we are on the subject of pitlane people, I do miss Suzi Perry 😛

MSP

Suzi Perry, the blind mans crumpet.

Although she does have a handsome moustache.

happyrider
    Free Member

Huge shame it won’t be on BBC! I’ll have to investigate this BT Sport thing then… Is it streamed?

My only beef with the coverage which is nothing to do with the network is the constant shots to pit garages to see what team managers or girlfriends reaction is to something that’s happening on track!

prawny

Eurosport had to let Mamola go, I’m not sure if it’s changed now, but at the start of the deal they weren’t allowed to be at all the races, the commentary was done from a booth somewhere. IIRC they only go to the non fly aways.

I’ve signed an online petition to keep it non live on ES, that said, I’d miss the GP a lot less than WSB or BSB, I’m a bit worried now dorna have bought the WSB though.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I think that’s Dorna though who provide the video feed, that probably won’t change.

BT sport, all i know is that I get it free because I have BT broadband. I can get it on the sky box or streamed I think. Otherwise I think you have to subscribe to get it.

rossi46
    Free Member

Anyone see the pics of Marquez’s 11lap old rear tyre on his Facebook page? Holy cow, no wonder he got black flagged! It actually had potholes in it!
    Good news about Scott Redding, hope he’s fit enough to take points off of Espargaro.

Pigface
    Free Member

Yeah I saw it on Twitter 😯

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

No more ‘back at the front’, ‘across the stripe’ or ‘he needed that like a third armpit’? Or jolly banter with ‘Sheene’s best mate’ about ragging the hire car? What will we do?

amen, they spoil the coverage for me (though I am an intolerant sod). Previous round Charlie Cocks goes “and a great start from marquez”, as the footage shows him losing 4 places in the first 100 metres. If they werent talking bollox they’d be saying nothing at all, and they seem to miss half the moves.

Also agree the Moto2/3 commentary team are both far more knowledgeable and engaging.

As per Mr Blobby I have BT Sport by virtue of having their broadband. Sad to see it go off Beeb, BT are trying to do what Sky have done for the last 20 years.

I’d miss the GP a lot less than WSB

I signed up to eurosportplayer for the cycling but still seem to have managed to have completely missed the last two entire seasons of WSB 🙄

organdonor
    Free Member

Commentary? I always mute it. Why would you want someone trying to describe that which you can clearly see? I really don’t understand the need for it.I think that all sports commentators and all spectators that rely on them, should be shot. 😉

6079smithw
    Free Member

I think Sheene and Cox are funny. They would brighten up F1 no end!

I gave up on the erratic WSBK highlights on Channel4 so followed the last two seasons on YouTube with people’s uploads. Hopefully that’ll be done for MotoGP in 2014

JCL
    Free Member

Subscriptions are the way live sport is going/gone. I’d rather it BT than Sky.

Muke
    Free Member

Today’s practice cancelled. Wet and foggy conditions have severely reduced visibility preventing the use of the medical helicopter.

pondo

Why would you want someone trying to describe that which you can clearly see?

You listen to it for what you don’t know or can’t see, and in that respect Eurosport own.

prawny

They do a decent hightlights package of the BSB and WSB on ITV4 and itv player. Actually, itv4 is pretty good for motorsport in general. It’s the only thing I ever watch on ITV.

prawny

Double post

Reluctant
    Free Member

We’ll get BT Sports as part of our Virgin TV package next year. Pheew, no need to switch!
    At the mo, i watch GPs live on BBC and tolerate Parrish and cox, then turn over and watch it again with the far superior commentary of Ryder and Moody.
    BBC commentary ~ it’s a nightmare in a bubblecar! 😆

Reluctant
    Free Member

Edit ~ double post

mrblobby
    Free Member

Looks pretty grim out there. What chance of afternoon practice? Anyone seen the weekend forecast?

Edit… seems all Friday practice now abandoned.

Double edit… just reading about Redding being passed fit to ride at Montegi. Great news and I really hope he can stick it to the Spaniards, though I do wonder what sort of state a rider would need to be in to not be passed fit to ride!

pondo

Gotta be good news for Scotty, another 24 hours to recover and less use on that damaged wrist?

Muke
    Free Member

Could be a one day GP…

From race director Michael Webb

If fog returns for some or all of Saturday, Webb said plans were in place to move the helicopter to the circuit in time for anticipated better weather on Sunday.
    “If the helicopter still cannot fly by tomorrow afternoon, it will be dismantled, shipped by road to the the circuit and reassembled for Sunday morning, when we expect conditions to be significantly better.”
    Should conditions not improve until Saturday lunchtime, the afternoon will be given over to practice sessions that Webb said will run “as long as possible”, with qualifying and the races all on Sunday.
    If no running is possible at all on Saturday, a draft schedule has been created that would squeeze practice, qualifying and races for all three grand prix classes into Sunday.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Blimey that could be interesting. May not be great for Scott if he has to practice, qualify and race all in one day with the dodgy wrist.

Weird that they would truck the helicopter in for Sunday if it can’t fly on Saturday. What’s the point of that? If it’s clear on Sunday then why not just fly it in that morning? Could it maybe take off but not land?

pondo

That’s insane – if there’s an accident, will they have to dismantle the chopper and truck it to the hospital as well?

rossi46
    Free Member

pics of Marquez’s 11lap old rear tyre on his Facebook page

For anyone who doesn’t have Facebook or Twitter 😉

Told you it was potholed 😯

pondo

Wow! Scary schizzle… 😯

rossi46
    Free Member

Heres the plan for the Japanese GP

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf7SQe0zXDc[/video]

epicyclo

One look at that tyre and I now have no doubt that black flagging him was right.

He’s lucky he didn’t hurt himself and 2 or 3 others.

rossi46
    Free Member

7.3 earthquake off Japan this evening (morning in Japan), Fukushima was evacuated as a precaution.
    Yikes!

rossi46
    Free Member

Well no earthquake/tsunami problems, but the weather seems to be a bugger still.
    Really wet! Blimey those Dukes went well, think they are building powerboats in Bologna these days.

LoCo
    Free Member

Wouldn’t be the first time rudders and Ducati where mentioned in same sentence 😉

Muke
    Free Member

Indeed Cal will be doing a rain dance B4 every GP next year.

Just seen Ben Spies has announced his retirement from racing, never had any luck in MotoGP that boy.

rossi46
    Free Member

Ben Spies

Shame, I was hoping he’d return to WSB. He’s a talented rider and has had no luck in GP’s.

Pigface
    Free Member

One for the purists in Motegi, Jorge is a utter freak. Enjoyed that master class

MSP

Only caught the last 5 or so laps, cocked up the start time 😳

Lorenzo looked in control by then, Marquez made a couple of mistakes and backed off to settle for second (or maybe just didn’t have the speed to challenge anyway).

Anybody see what happened to Redding? Absolutely nothing on the BBC webstite, and just a brief mention that he got mixed up in a race stopping crash on the first lap elsewhere.

Dr_UpGrade
    Free Member

I only caught the highlights here on austrian TV, rabat and someone else tangled coming out of the corner and Redding had nowhere to go and was launched over the bars onto the wrist again. The race was red flagged but he didn’t make it to the restart… (and sorry for any spoilers there!)

Pigface
    Free Member

Yep that’s what happened Redding innocent party in someone else’s crash, race stopped didn’t make the restart. He is ok according to Crash.net and didn’t damage his broken arm.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Lorenzo was clinical today, wheels in line 99.9% of the time! he has been a worthy champion and I really hope he can pull it off at Valencia in 2 weeks time

MSP

I am torn between wanting Marquez and Lorenzo to win.

Marquez has been fantastic, really added some excitement and to do what he has already done as a rookie is amazing, he loves riding and always just seems excited by being there.

Lorenzo has really responded to the challenge laid down, and upped his game. His rides in the last few races have just been incredible. To up his pace in response to Marquez while still keeping that precision, composure and control throughout has just been masterful.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Rotten luck for Redding, second half of the season has not been a good one.

Now all Marquez has to do is follow Lorenzo around at the next race and not do anything stupid. Hmmmm.

rossi46
    Free Member

Gutted for Scottie. Still hopefully he can go win in Moto GP and be even more awesome.
    Marquez is still going to win the thing as he only needs fourth next time out, of course he still needs to finish it!
    Great effort from J-Lo though.

Crell
    Free Member

Best race was M3 yet again by a long shot. Well done McPhee. Best finish by far in his career. Absolute crash-fest making the title race wide-open again.

Rea did OK in M2 again. Hopefully he can sort out a full time 2014 ride on a decent package. Missed Kent’s warm up crash that’s apparently bust his collarbone. Sam Lowes should hopefully shake that class up next year though if SpeedUp get their act together.

Didn’t think Redding’s season could get any worse. Watching Tito loose it I was trying to work out where Redding was then the inevitable boom as he hit Tito’s bike. I’m sure Redding’s bike whacked Rabat on the head as well. A real anti-climax (unlike Moto 3 with 3 contenders going in to Valencia).

MotoGP …. Yawn.

Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 816 total)

The topic ‘Moto GP 2013’ is closed to new replies.