• This topic has 815 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Muke.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 816 total)
  • Moto GP 2013
  • rossi46
    Free Member

And so it begins 😀

Blimey- Marc Marquez is quick already!
    I have high hopes for our Cal this year and Rossi is back where he should be.
    Bring the noise…..

weeksy

Mmmmm exciting stuff this year!

Pigface
    Free Member

Yehaa 😀 off to look at the times in a few mins, I fear for young Bradley.

Pigface
    Free Member

Ooooh very interesting 😆 how is Danni going to cope with Marquez?

So good to see Rossi up there.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Marquez will be awesome in quite a few races but will probably bin too many to win the whole thing in his first season. First thing I did was look for Stoner… he will be missed.

RustySpanner

Got a horrible feeling Ben’s Pies is going to have a season long nervous breakdown – still getting over his bust shoulder, I hope he doesn’t end up hurting himself again.

Glad Cal dodged the Ducati bullet – Hayden’s still way off the pace and it can’t be long before he bails too.

This is going to be the best year for ages at the front though, with – fingers crossed.

I’m going to miss Casey – I liked him a lot, but his departure just means closer racing.
    Let’s face it, he was just too good – certainly a muh faster rider than Rossi ever was.

Does anyone else think young Bradders is turning into Steve Hislop?
    Looks wise anyway….. 🙂

Muke
    Free Member

Rubbins racin as they say but not sure the Marquez barge them out the way tactic is going to work with the big boys. I reckon Danni is the rider under most pressure this year.

Looking forward to a good year

creaser
    Free Member

I’m going to miss Casey – I liked him a lot, but his departure just means closer racing.
    Let’s face it, he was just too good – certainly a muh faster rider than Rossi ever was.
    Stoner the moaner a spoilt kid…….much faster than rossi ever was, it obvious you haven’t been following gp’s for very long

Pigface
    Free Member

Ooooh are we going to have an argument about the cry baby toss pot wah wah my bike was this my bike was that people don’t respect me my tyres didn’t work asswipe Stoner.

Glad he has gone 😆

RustySpanner

I’ve been following bike racing since 1976 😀

Rossi changed teams because he couldn’t bear to be beaten on equal machinery.
    He whinged and whined just as much as Casey, but without justification.

He’s a master manipulator.

Casey was the faster rider. The better one too. Comparative Ducati performances prove that.

Rossi fanatics make me laugh. Racing went on before he arrived and will continue when he’s gone.

Pigface
    Free Member

Rossi haters make me laugh 😆

br
    Free Member

I’ve been following bike racing since 1976.

Youngster then.

Rossi; is, was and will continue to be one of the best, if not the best ever – until the next best ever.

In fact, some folk reckon he’s better than Hailwood was 😉

I still wouldn’t bet against George tho’.

Stoner
    Free Member

These threads play havoc with my vanity searches.

Thank god he’s retired! 😀

RustySpanner

I don’t hate him.
    Great racer, one of the best of all time.

But I can’t stand people who think anyone is beyond criticism.
    Such a blinked and ignorant view.

Pigface
    Free Member

No one is beyond criticism

Casey was the faster rider. The better one too. Comparative Ducati performances prove that.

utter bobbins they never rode the same bike for starters.

RustySpanner

You’re right. 😀

It was much more highly developed when Rossi failed to make it work.

Pigface
    Free Member

😆 yes developed into a shopping trolley 😆

mrblobby
    Free Member

Regardless of who was the biggest moaner (and Rossi was certainly in the running for that award last year) there was no finer sight in MotoGP than Stoner giving it the beans. I will certainly miss that.

Must admit I don’t get all the moaner stuff. In interviews he always seemed to tell it like it was, and not try and portray some media friendly image. Anyway, thread had got off to a good start there, back to 2013…

buck53

Getting back to 2013 for a moment…

I’m really excited for this season, I reckon there are going to be 6 or 7 podium contenders in each race, far better than the procession of 2/3 last season.

Think Dovi has made a mistake going to Ducati and by the pictures from today’s test I think he has realised that as well

I’ll be looking for whether Marquez can be consistently quick under race conditions, whether the ‘aliens’ will let him be without complaining to race direction, Cal picking up more podiums and maybe that elusive win (in the rain? Following crashes?), solid seasons from the other Brits and Bradl surprising a lot of people.

LoCo
    Free Member

You’re right.

It was much more highly developed when Rossi failed to make it work.

Yes, but the other bikes had been developed too, and to actually have some front end feel..

Looking forward to the season, should have some belting races this year with the new riders coming in

bwaarp
    Free Member

The only reason that Stoner won on the Ducati was because initially Ducati had an advantage when GP converted to 800cc. The Ducati engine made the jump very easily.

The fact that he trailed off considerably before he jumped ships to Honda spoke volumes about the bike.

stuarty
    Free Member

Id like to see stoners crack the throttle n hang on style work on the old 500 strokers
    For the record mick doohan was the best and hardest
    Rossi’s history of wins over many different evolution of bike un paralleled
    Kevin Schwantz there was a man with guts

mrmoofo

It would be good to see Rossi back on the pace – there is just something about his style that makes Lorenzo seem a bit dull.
    The Ducati seemed to get worse as he tried to ride it …

tomaso
    Free Member

Marquez is already awesome and looks like he will add some spice!

And Cal appears to be trying too, but rumour has it the works team is being reserved silverware for Rossi PR and media exposure at the expense of the Tech 3 Yamahas missing out on the seamless shift gearbox – either that or they can’t afford the upgrade…

tomaso
    Free Member

Bwaarp The only reason that Stoner won on the Ducati was because initially Ducati had an advantage when GP converted to 800cc. The Ducati engine made the jump very easily.

So all Stoner had to do was follow the GOAT round the twisty bits while he rode the sweetest handling motorcycle and then Stoner just needed to unleash the beast of a motor down the straight? It is an advantage the Ducati had that no one else managed to harness.

watsontony
    Free Member

Cant wait for racing to start! been really missing this. even been missing F1

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I cycled past Kevin Schwantz on the Maratona dles Dolomites in 2011.

Rossi’s the best, not Stoner.

RustySpanner

Look, all this talk of ‘The Best’ is irrelevant.

It’s Ago:

By results, he walks it by miles.

bwaarp
    Free Member

So all Stoner had to do was follow the GOAT round the twisty bits while he rode the sweetest handling motorcycle and then Stoner just needed to unleash the beast of a motor down the straight? It is an advantage the Ducati had that no one else managed to harness.

Remember the season when Ducati lost the power advantage and Stoner had to start mixing it with Rossi, those races where he came off trying to battle him and then whinged that Rossi was to aggressive?

Perhaps the difference in handling in the early 800cc seasons weren’t that great either as going to 800cc affected the weight distribution, coming something like 4th every season post 2004?

However it is certain that once the Yamaha’s caught up Stoner could barely hang with them.

Pigface
    Free Member

Freddie Spencer is my GOAT

weeksy

Pigface
    Free Member

Harsh but 😆

flange
    Free Member

Comparative Ducati performances prove that.

When did that happen then? 2007 Duc was a vastly different bike to the one Rossi rode. For a start Ducati were fiddling the fuel regs to use more fuel to make it destroy folks on the straights.

I’m not a Rossi fanboi but what you’ve written isn’t true

reggiegasket
    Free Member

does anyone else think teeny tiny men hanging off really far and dragging their elbows looks silly?

Bring back Eddie Lawson, now he had a cool position on the bike

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Remember the season when Ducati lost the power advantage and Stoner had to start mixing it with Rossi, those races where he came off trying to battle him and then whinged that Rossi was to aggressive?

Leguna Seca being a prime example.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfPM77TsGaA[/video]
    Really looking forward to this season. Hopefully Lorenzo won’t take another WC at the expense of other riders misfortune. Would be nice to see how he fairs if all the contenders stay fit/ on their bikes for the entire season.
    In Marquez, it looks like we have another Simoncelli type rider who is not affraid of ego’s or personalities. I can see him certainly pushing the aliens all the way. Hope Bradley has found a class of bike that suits his riding style too so he can unlock his potential.

buck53

Interesting second day of testing last night. Same top four, Cal fifth, Bradley up by 1.5 seconds over yesterday and only just behind Bautista, Laverty quicker than four CRT vets.

Poor old Dovi…

weeksy

Dovi took the money, the kudos and quite simply the choice. I have little sympathy for him in all honesty.

If Rossi and Hayden can’t make it work you’ve got to think it’s a pile of crap..

As for anyone comparing the bike Stoner won on to the 2012 i bet there’s not 1 single component the same as it was when Stoner last rode it… they couldn’t be less comparable if they tried.

mrblobby
    Free Member

In all fairness to Dovi, i don’t think he had many other opportunities of staying in the motogp paddock, unless he went CRT. Feel a bit sorry for him really as he generally outperforms his teammate yet seems to get ousted on a regular basis.

oomidamon

Leguna Seca being a prime example.

Great race & I was there! 🙂

bwaarp
    Free Member

Also Rossi finished 6th in 2012 compared to 4th at the end of Stoners Ducati career….hardly evidence for vastly superior ability is it?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 816 total)

The topic ‘Moto GP 2013’ is closed to new replies.