Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Moto G 3rd Gen 16Gb
  • Freester

Is this phone still the Android weapon phone of choice for the discerning STW chat members?

My Nexus 5 battery is hopeless again. It’s been back to LG once. Can’t be arsed to send it back again. I do like those Nexus 6p but they are loadsa money.

Caher

Yes, it’s a great phone.

matt_outandabout

Yes

retro83
    Free Member

No, they are slow and outdated.

cp

No, they are slow and outdated.

No they’re not, they’re a great phone. The OP is talking about the current model.

retro83
    Free Member

cp – Member

No they’re not, they’re a great phone. The OP is talking about the current model.

They are, wife’s had all three gens as she’s a serial screen breaker. It’s slow. And I’m comparing that to a two year old one plus one.

Edit sorry forget that, didn’t know the 16gb one had more memory

xc-steve
    Free Member

Bought mine to replace my Nexus 4 and has been a worthy replacement but for it to surpass the Nexus 5 I’m unsure, depends what you want out a phone for me, a good battery, camera and waterproof then then the Moto is a winner. For super fast and heavy game use then perhaps look elsewhere. It’s what I initially thought gimmicky features of twist to take photos chop to turn on light get used constantly since they work with gloves on!

jon1973
    Free Member

Had one for about a year now and it’s a great phone. The battery life is amazing.

Edit sorry forget that, didn’t know the 16gb one had more memory

The 8gb version is supposed to be slow, as it has a slower processor, so avoid that one.

bearGrease

4th generation one out soon though.

matt_outandabout

My work phone is 3rd Gen 8Gb, and it is perfectly OK.
    My own phone is 3rd Gen 16gb, and it is marginally smoother at times, plus has huge memory.

For the money they are (@£100 or £120 if you hunt around/cashback, or free/£8 per month/500mins + text/2gb data on contract for 16gb, you would be hard pushed to find such a good budget phone IMO.

You could spend twice to five times as much, and get marginally better phone with nicer screen and things.

Or you could spend the saved money on a shiny new bike thing…

Freester

Cheers. Don’t use it for much other than phone, SMS, instant messaging, browsing, Sonos and Chromecast, and use Google Maps as Satnav in the car. No games apart from the occasional Angry Birds. I’m tempted. Interim measure I’ve got this old S4 with Cyanogenmod on it. It’s OK but a bit laggy and prone to crash with the Bluetooth which isn’t ideal.

Northwind

How’s the camera? I have an older moto g and that’s the only thing I don’t like about it, it’s pretty ropey tbh.

cp

the camera is great – it’s a huge improvement on previous versions – night and day different.

matt_outandabout

New one is OK –
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/Gc43cs]MotoG 3rd Gen Pics[/url] by Matt Robinson, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/H1uYLT]MotoG 3rd Gen Pics[/url] by Matt Robinson, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/H1uYUt]MotoG 3rd Gen Pics[/url] by Matt Robinson, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/GYdzu7]MotoG 3rd Gen Pics[/url] by Matt Robinson, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/H1uZ3p]MotoG 3rd Gen Pics[/url] by Matt Robinson, on Flickr

Ewan
    Free Member

I considered a moto g 3rd gen, got a Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 (rebadged ZTE) – it’s great to be honest. Quick (quite a bit quicker than the moto if you look at the benchmarks), decent amount of memory and seems quite robust. It’s also cheap (115 quid when i bought mine).

The only negative is that’s is a 5.5 incher, so fairly big. I’ve got used to it quite quickly tho (coming from a 4 inch iphone 4 and a iphone 5s for work). My mrs has just got one as well – she’s loves it, and size not such an issue as she carries her phones in handbags.

ThePinkster

I’m still pleased with my 1st gen G but the battery seems to occasionally suffer these days so will be replacing it with either a 3rd gen or possibly 4th gen (although these look like they’re going to be a bit more expensive from what I’ve read)

Been so pleased with mine that I can’t be bothered searching around or anything better at he same price point

she’s loves it, and size not such an issue

I think she just tells you that to make you feel better 😉

Northwind

Cheers camera folks, very helpful

mikey74
    Free Member

Just don’t try and use the Camera in low light and expect decent results.

Freester

4th generation one out soon though.

Good tip it looks VERY imminent think I’ll hang fire for a few days.

sadmadalan

Just got one and it is fine. It is not a top of the range all singing/dancing phone. However for me who uses for mail, phone, text, Garmin connect it is fine. I’m working on the principal that for £150 for the 16Gb one if it starts to get slow, I’ll just get the next ‘best budget phone’

kayak23

Great phone.
    Camera is great really.
    IT’S WATER RESISTANT TOO!

Had phones that cost more, none were better.

Freester

Some great pics up there ^^^^

trail_rat
    Free Member

“For the money they are (@£100 or £120 if you hunt around/cashback, or free/£8 per month/500mins + text/2gb data on contract for 16gb, you would be hard pushed to find such a good budget phone IMO.”

any indication of where ? cheapest i find them is 144 – 1% cash back at argos for a 16. The 8s are easy to find – you can get em for about 90 quid but i guess if im going to defect from the iclan i should at least give android a fair shot on a decent running system 😀

trail_rat
    Free Member

Seemed to be getting harder and harde as yesterday went on so i have one being transfered from arbroath argos to berryden for me to collect 🙂

Be nice to have a new phone – iphones only lasted 6 years

frogstomp

Does anyone else’s have a white light in the phone speaker at the top? I’m sure mine didn’t, but it does now! ❓

eddiebaby
    Free Member

My mk1 did, my mk3 doesn’t.

IA

Boom, new “moto” G:

http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/5/17/11689136/moto-g-plus-announced-india

pricier tho mind.

The Moto G will be available in the UK from early June for £169, followed by the G Plus later in the month for £199

Better camera in the G+

retro83
    Free Member

Nice, fingerprint reader in the + as well.

retro83
    Free Member

Well, right on cue, Mrs 83 has broken her 3rd gen.

Is the 4th gen out yet? Can’t find it on Amazon but the release date was supposed to be early June.

edit: never mind, weirdly John lewis seem to have it in stock

http://www.johnlewis.com/motorola-moto-g-4th-generation-smartphone-android-5-5-4g-lte-sim-free-16gb/p2789422?tmcampid=67&tmad=c&s_pccid=pc_rv_200_20000&

edit 2: **** amazons shitty search, it is on there

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Moto G 3rd Gen 16Gb’ is closed to new replies.