• This topic has 37 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by beej.
Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Motley Crue – anyone going?
  • votchy
    Free Member

Little guilty pleasure for me this week, off to see the Crue at the NEC, anyone else indulging in some hair metal lol?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

No 🙁

Couldn’t get tickets 😥

beej

Yep, had a pre-sale code! I’m not a big fan but GF is and they were OK at Download this year.

bikebouy
    Free Member

No but seriously wish I was !!

Gitz 😐

Have a great time y’all..

\m/

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Is it the original line-up and if so how are they all still alive?

Pigface
    Free Member

Well according to the Dirt Sixx died twice in a matter of hours after ODing.

I would pay to see a utter twunt like Vince Neil, fat useless gimp.

If they have the full stage show it will look amazing but sound like crap.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Last time I saw them I was one of the people throwing things at them 😛

beej

It’s the original line up, although Mick Marrs is now 93% mechanical.

MoreCashThanDash

it will look amazing but sound like crap

Saw them a couple years ago with Def Leopard, and this sums it up. Still glad I saw them though.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

No but my bro is. They were great at Download this year!

slowoldman

I thought they were one of those joke bands like Spinal Tap.

ChrisHeath

Yep, Newcastle tonight.

Cougar

Me sir, me sir! Manchester tomorrow.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

You’ll be getting some decent music with Alice Cooper being the support act.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Wish I was going – I’m quite partial to a bit of hair metal!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Gitz… 😕

Is welljell man.

And..

Pigface – Member
    If they have the full stage show it will look amazing but sound like crap, but very loud.

FIFY

I’m really jealous. 😕

Cougar

Well, that was quiet and subtle. (-:

Cougar

Also,

He looks like a resurrected corpse, but by christ Mick Mars can play a bit.

votchy
    Free Member

The stage show looks pretty amazing judging by the clips online, any feedback from those that went Mon or Tues?

Pigface
    Free Member

He looks like a resurrected corpse

I think he is a reanimated corpse, meant to be near 65yrs old isnt he?

Speshpaul

Mr Mars has certainly had some health issues over the years.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Erm…

No frikin reviews fellas?

Like..

Fankz 🙄

/m\

unknown
    Free Member

Went on Monday, it was actually better than I’d expected/feared. The band can actually play, Mick in particular is much better than I’d realised, but the vocals are pretty awful. Stage show is suitably ridiculous, I heard afterwards there are more than 350 pyro cues.

More importantly I’m completely in love with Alice Cooper’s new guitarist Nita Strauss. Google is your friend.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Bring on Friday and Wembley

so looking forward to this, this need to book hotel for the evening and then all sorted!!

footflaps

Last time I saw them was Wembley Arena in about 1990…

votchy
    Free Member

OMG, what a show last night at the NEC! Firstly Alice Cooper absolutely smashed it, not often a support act gets a full stage show but it had everything he normally does except fewer songs. Not seen Motley Crue for years but basically the best stage show I have ever seen, more pyro than I thought possible at an indoor show, sound was very good, even for the NEC, the drum solo has to be seen to be believed, vocals not as bad as I feared and as stated above, for a corpse Mick Marrs can play a guitar lol. Dont forget to turn round and face the mixing desk for the encore, nice little intimate stage that they use to close the show. So glad I went to see it \,,/

Cougar

Not seen Motley Crue for years but basically the best stage show I have ever seen, more pyro than I thought possible at an indoor show

Get yourself to a Rammstein gig.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Thanks folks, glad to hear they were playing to excess!

Gitz.

😆

beej

Not seen Motley Crue for years but basically the best stage show I have ever seen, more pyro than I thought possible at an indoor show

Get yourself to a Rammstein gig

Definitely. The Crue show was OK last night but Rammstein are a level above.

votchy
    Free Member

No thanks, they are sh1t 😆

Pigface
    Free Member

No thanks, they are sh1t

😯

volatilemike
    Free Member

Alice Coopers stage show is far better than Motley Crue’s, always has been though.

Rammstein also have an awesome one.

johndoh
    Free Member

the drum solo has to be seen to be believed

Did they do the raised platform with him strapped in and ‘beating’ sticks into the crowd as he threw them on the skins and they shoot out?

That’s what they did when I saw them (I think it was the ‘Girls, Girls, Girls’ Tour).

votchy
    Free Member

No, he had a roller coaster track from the stage to the sound desk, drum riser travelled along the tracks rotating as it went so he was upside down several times between stage and desk and back, lasted about 10 mins in total and he played over the top of a variety of tracks including paranoid, uptown funk, sabotage to name a few. I was under the lowest point of the track so could clearly hear the drums above the PA system when he was upside down directly above me. Plenty of vids on youtube.

Agreed the stage show does look good, not a fan of their music to clarify my earlier statement 😀

beej

Rollercoaster is a little misleading. The drum riser moved at about 0.1 metres per second.

He was also playing his “solo” to a backing track, which included… drums.

I found that bit pretty tedious. If it had fired him down the track at speed it would have been much better.

johndoh
    Free Member

No, he had a roller coaster track from the stage to the sound desk, drum riser travelled along the tracks rotating as it went so he was upside down several times between stage and desk and back, lasted about 10 mins in total and he played over the top of a variety of tracks including paranoid, uptown funk, sabotage to name a few. I was under the lowest point of the track so could clearly hear the drums above the PA system when he was upside down directly above me. Plenty of vids on youtube.

😀

votchy
    Free Member

Rollercoaster is a little misleading

Was the best description I could think of 😉

beej

To be fair, it’s probably the best description I could think of as well!

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Motley Crue – anyone going?’ is closed to new replies.