Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Motivational Speeches in the Movies
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

'The next time we see sky it'll be over another town. The next time you take a test, it'll be in some other school. Our parents, they want the bestest stuff for us. But right now they gotta do what's right for them, 'cause it's their time. Their time, up there. Down here it's our time. It's our time down here.'

Yuck Fou One Eyed Willy, I'm having your jewels and there ain't sh1t all you're going to do about it!

genesis
    Free Member

Sam Jacksons speech in Coach Carter.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Sam Jacksons speech in Coach Carter.

Nah – the one in Deep Blue Sea. It kinda took me by surprise what happened next 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Branagh or Olivier in Henry V.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

The President's speech in Independence Day. Pure cheese

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

What we got here is a failure to communicate…

MrAgreeable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q47bpOCTcaY

Edit: It's a bit sweary, sorry!

Edit Part 2: Harry The Spider, too slow!

Harry_the_Spider

John Belushi's call to arms at the end of Animal House.

Was it over when the German's Bombed Pearl Harbour?

jackthedog
    Free Member

Alec Baldwin in Glengary Glen Ross.

Coffee's for closers only!

molgrips
    Free Member

+1 for Henry V.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun. You find the fun, and – SNAP – the job's a game!

bullheart
    Free Member

When someone tells you you have incurable cancer, do what I did. Go straight to your computer, bring up YouTube, and put this on. Loud.

There is some swearing.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

petesgaff – that's the one I was looking for, amazing!

FuzzyWuzzy

Hal Moore's speech that Mel Gibson does in "We Were Soldiers" (before they ship out) is pretty powerful IMO

Solo
    Free Member

Definately another one here for Henry V, Branagh or Oliver.

Gandalf's little speech about Death not being the end.

Theoden at Minas Tirith, before leading his army into battle.

Oh, theres loads, of varying quality…

😀

S.

guido

Army Rangers have a proud history. Since the 1700s, Rangers have led the way in every major confrontation in which the United States has been involved. You men are a credit to that fine heritage, and I'm sorry to see you go. But you've served your country well, and you've displayed the ability to fight on to the Ranger objective and complete its mission, never leaving behind a fallen comrade no matter what the odds or the enemy. I thank you. America thanks you. And I wish you luck wherever you go. And remember: Rangers lead the way.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

Petesgaff

that was the basis of the video sent out to all the team GB cyclists ans support staff by Dave Brailsford at the beginning of the Beijing Olympics training campaign

you might say it worked

i have the actual video they sent out but i'm loathe to put it on youtube as i got it from brailsford himself

(not because i'm in team GB by the way)

tiggs121
    Free Member

Pulp Fiction – Samual l Jackson before he shoots Brad.

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

ianv
    Free Member

The staff sargent in Full Metal Jacket

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Guido, there's only two men I trust, one of them's me, and the other aint you!

GrahamS

The bit at the end of Long Kiss Goodnight where the heroine Charlie/Samantha is nearly dead and her daughter Caitlin echoes back her earlier lines about "stand up and fight soldier, that's an order"

Cheesy, but gives me a massive lump in my throat and "dust in my eye" every time 😳

joolsburger
    Free Member

It all comes down to a simple choice, get busy living or get busy dying.

That's damn right.

GrahamS

Pulp Fiction – Samual l Jackson before he shoots Brad.

That's your favourite motivational speech??

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member

The bit at the end of Long Kiss Goodnight where the heroine Charlie/Samantha is nearly dead and her daughter Caitlin echoes back her earlier lines about "stand up and fight soldier, that's an order"

Cheesy, but gives me a massive lump in my throat and "dust in my eye" every time

Charlie/Samantha gives me a lump somewhere else

well more charlie than samantha if i'm being honest

tiggs121
    Free Member

GrahamS – the post never said anything about a favourite motivational speech!

I do like it a lot though. Possibly not entirely motivational but seemed to get Sam up for the task he had to do.

GrahamS

GrahamS – the post never said anything about a favourite motivational speech!

^^ See thread title 😉

thv3
    Free Member

Mel Gibson Braveheart.

Especially if you're Scottish!!

DaRC_L

In the office:
    Jack Nicholson, A Few Good Men (1992): You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know – that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives.
    =====================================
    For bike training
    Martin Sheen, Apocalypse Now : When I was here, I wanted to be there; when I was there, all I could think of was getting back into the jungle. I'm here a week now… waiting for a mission… getting softer. Every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger. Each time I looked around the walls moved in a little tighter.
    ===========================================

BoardinBob

Daniel Day Lewis in My Left Foot

"Aaarrh giouberg oubiwaubv a oiubefw efp inowcnou"

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

BoardinBob – Christie Brown an inspiration to us all!

ourmaninthenorth

Branagh or Olivier in Henry V.

Yes. I preferthe Branagh, becuase I like the understated style, but Olivier really does have some merit.

Saw Branagh play Hmalet at the RSC around 15 years ago. Best performance of the Danish Prince I've ever seen.

tiggs121
    Free Member

GrahamS – I've had a look – can't see the word favourite

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

GrahamS and Tiggs it doesn't matter, who cares, have you seen my choices so far…

Someone please find something motivational in Napoleon Dynamite!

guido

Yeah, a lot of pressure.
    Rise above it.

Harness in the good energy,
    block out the bad.

Harness energy, block bad.

Feel the flow, Happy.
    It's circular.

It's like a carousel.

You get on the horse.
    It goes up, down and around.

Circular. Circle. With the music,
    the flow. ALL good things.

AgentOrange
    Free Member

They believe they're destined for great things, just like many of you, their eyes are full of hope, just like you. Did they wait until it was too late to make from their lives even one iota of what they were capable?

Because, you see gentlemen, these boys are now fertilizing daffodils. But if you listen real close, you can hear them whisper their legacy to you. Go on, lean in. Listen, you hear it? – – Carpe – – hear it? – – Carpe, carpe diem, seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary…..

Eccles
    Free Member

From experience I can assert that Mr Agreeable's favourite is, in fact, The Good The Bad and the Ugly:

"You see in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with fig rolls, and those who dig. You dig."

DezB
    Free Member

"No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, your reflection always looks you straight in the eye."

MrWoppit
    Free Member

"YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! " – 'Don Logan'. Sexy Beast.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Solo – Member

Theoden at Minas Tirith, before leading his army into battle.

Which is what, when I saw the movie up at Leicester Sq., the woman two seats away started screaming when the charge got to full-tilt… 😯

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Jack Nicholson in "A few good men"! The bit where he loses it in the courtroom… not sure if it's really motivational though…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j2F4VcBmeo

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Motivational Speeches in the Movies’ is closed to new replies.