Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Motivation to lose some weight
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

I got a Concept 2 ergo just before Easter and have just about done 120,000m since then doing 4 or 5 30 min sessions each week. All my rowing is logged on the C2 online log so i can see how I’m doing and rank my times with others around the world. They have loads of other stuff that helps as well such as very active forums, workout of the day emails, competitions, etc.

Having made a reasonable start I decided to try and cut out carbs/grains as much as possible couple of weeks ago – this has helped a lot. I’m amazed that I don’t really miss bread at all and the bacon, egg, mushrooms and tomato for brekky is still lovely.
    So far I’m down about 2.5kg and would like to drop another 2.5 by the summer. Frankly I feel better now than I have in the last 5 years at least.

robdob
    Free Member

MFP works exactly the same as WW and I think is a good way to do it. They will make you lose weight if you stick to them even if you don’t exercise (as long as your are honest with recording!) but exercise either allows some more food or you can bank it as a few more calories burnt.

GrahamS

I would say if you are hungry – go and eat something – but get something that is a bit better.

Best advice given to me: “If you think you are hungry then ask yourself ‘Am I hungry enough to eat an apple?’, if the answer is No then you are really just thirsty or bored, if the answer is Yes: eat an apple!”

jam-bo

Best advice given to me:

being hungry isnt a bad thing sometimes.

beefheart
    Free Member

Fat people are jolly.
    Do you really want to be jolly?

martinhutch

Take two photographs. One of you sitting down in a t-shirt (not pulling all the flab in with your muscles), one of you side-profile.

Put them in a frame next to your computer monitor. Every time you look up, there’s your motivation.

It was some similar pics of myself that shocked me into getting fitter. I still wince when I see them in albums.

trail_rat
    Free Member

“One of you sitting down in a t-shirt (not pulling all the flab in with your muscles)”

jebus that would scare anyone – even i look like **** all in a photo like that – and i can climb like a scalded cat up a drainpipe.

robdob
    Free Member

Take two photographs. One of you sitting down in a t-shirt (not pulling all the flab in with your muscles), one of you side-profile.

Put them in a frame next to your computer monitor. Every time you look up, there’s your motivation.

It was some similar pics of myself that shocked me into getting fitter. I still wince when I see them in albums.

I wish I had done that when I started so I could see the differences between then and now, it’s a great idea.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Motivation to lose some weight’ is closed to new replies.