Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Motivation needed
  • retrogirl
    Free Member

Agghhhh! I feel so frustrated so a little vent is needed. My friend is jetting off to Oz in a few weeks and I decided that I would draw a portrait of her sons as a going away pressie as she has given me support during a really tough time in my life. The first one went well and I was pleased but the other kid was another story and after many hours of trying its now back to the drawing board and starting again. I won’t give up but I need some words of motivation to get going. I guess if it was easy it would be boring.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

GTFU

DezB
    Free Member

after many hours of trying its now back to the drawing board and starting again.

If ever the word “literally” would have been appropriate in a sentence… 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    binners

Just whack a photoshop filter on it. Nobody will ever know

samuri
    Free Member

Get someone else to draw it. Lots of people on Deviantart do cheap commissions.

edlong
    Free Member

I’m dead jealous of people that can draw / paint with any degree of ability. I’m useless. Be thankful that you can even consider this project as achievable – for many (like me) it would be a no-hoper of an idea.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Ask yourself What would Leonardo do?
    Then go invent the helicopter or something and come back to it later
    🙂

footflaps

Ask yourself What would Leonardo do?

Rob a grave and then start dissecting the corpse?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member
    binners

edlong – the problem with being able to draw is its usually pretty much all we can do! So when you get into the office in the morning and you’ve left the lids off your felt tips the night before, you’re entire day is completely ruined!

BigJohn

If I ever have to make multiples I usually enjoy the first, because there is some problem solving and creativity involved. The second one i just find dull.

So maybe try to find a very contrasting pose – one that would make the pair of portraits an obvious pair – and also one that would make your friend and her sons laugh. Maybe a rear view?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Motivation needed’ is closed to new replies.