Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Motivation – Anyone got some spare?
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I am meant to be going for a 1.5KM swim at midday as part of my get fit/ankle rehab but I ate a bowl of stew and dumplings during my 10:30am teleconference and now just want to sit here doing nothing.

Anyone got some motivation going spare?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Plenty, didn’t have any today so it must be somewhere.

mattjg
    Free Member

Motivation is like karma, you have to make your own.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    curiousyellow
    Free Member

Motivation is fickle and fleeting.

Discipline is knowing that despite this task being distasteful, and unwelcome, you will have to do it to get what you want. So get some discipline instead of motivation.

Workout always feel better when you’re in them, or once you’re done. They almost always never feel good before you start.

Junkyard
    Free Member

The thought of doing things is almost always worse than the reality of doing them

Rule 5 and MTFU

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Managed to drag myself down to the swimming pool today after an epic failure of motivation yesterday.

60 Lengths breaststroke
    =
    1.5 KM
    =
    46 Minutes

Probably laughable to proper swimmers but 5 minutes better than my previous time and didn’t kill me

P-Jay
    Free Member

If anyone is lacking a bit of motivation, i’ll be glad to swap some of mine for some time – although sadly it always seems I’ve always got one, it’s rare I’ve got both…

pondo

can’t even be bothered to

darrenspink
    Free Member

If anyone is lacking a bit of motivation, i’ll be glad to swap some of mine for some time – although sadly it always seems I’ve always got one, it’s rare I’ve got both…

I hear ya bro

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

If you only find the motivation when you are too busy to do it, and then the motivation disappears when you have time, it isn’t motivation.

It is just that you don’t like doing what ever you are doing when you are too busy.

The reason your motivation disappears when you do have the time is that you never really wanted to do it anyway.

I, on the other hand, never want to exercise / cut down drinking / do what I am supposed to. That is why I need the motivation.

🙂

fangin
    Free Member

procrastination/motivation – whatever you call it, applied the right way is a strong force!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

procrastination/motivation – whatever you call it, applied the right way is a strong force!

I was about to go for another swim but I think instead I shall sit here and think about what you said…

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I find motivation is self-generating. Once I’ve got my arse off the sofa and gone for a wet, dark and cold ride I realise/remember it’s great fun and I’m more motivated to do it again and again.

Even after last night’s foggy, dark, damp ride with broken lights and a puncture I still want to go out and ride again. My appalling Strava times are motivating me to get back to the level of fitness I seem to have misplaced 😕

Edukator
    Free Member

Swam 1500m on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday but won’t be going today. It’s 6°C, raining and the pool is outdoor. I know shouldn’t make any difference because most of me is under water most of the time but it just looks horrible outside. 🙁

bear-uk
    Free Member

Non from me. Cant be bothered to go out to work this week as its raining and I dont want to get wet 🙂

simmy
    Free Member

I find that having a set goal or ambition helps me.

Hopefully, I will be able to do some touring this year. I’ve just come back from the gym after doing a cardio class and, when suffering through the class and really wanting to stop, I just think about how I will need the fitness to climb that huge hill out of Settle or climb up Shap fell.

Same on the bike, I try to push myself to go up that hill I really don’t want to then, next ride, I will just have a Pootle ride.

badnewz
    Free Member

Motivation, Motivation, Motivation – the three Ms!
    I had it in spades when at school as I had a dream of going to uni.
    My problem is, I don’t have any dreams left to pursue. I’ve done pretty much all I wanted to do, so the next forty or so years are going to go very slowly indeed.

philjunior
    Free Member

I had a week without my bike visiting in-laws.

You can have some of my motivation. But it won’t get you swimming – biking maybe!

badnewz
    Free Member

Just taken a look at Jedi’s twitter account – if there was ever a man with lots of motivation, it’s him!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I am carrying a slight injury so can do nothing more exciting that swimming and the occasional 10KM on a stationary bike. DULL.

My idea is that if I lose weight my ankle fusion will be under less strain and heal better and also by gently exercising the muscles and tendons in my leg they will acclimatize to not having an ankle and develop into their new roles.

My ambition is to walk without pain and not have too pronounced a limp.

My motivation is still sadly lacking 🙁

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Motivation – Anyone got some spare?’ is closed to new replies.