Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Motivation
  • mrmo
    Free Member

I know that i will loose my job at some point in the 4th quarter of this year.

Problem is the effect it is having on my motivation, somedays i wake up and want to do a good job out of pride i guess. Other days i wake up and simply don’t give a s**t.

This extends beyond work to life in general, so some weeks i ride lots other weeks i simply can’t be bothered. Some days i can be polite other days i don’t bother.

I was wondering if anyone has been here and what they did to keep reasonably motivated?

manitou
    Free Member

id reply…but I cant be arsed!

Junkyard
    Free Member

job search…. keep them sweet for a nice reference?
    Hard to care about a job coming to an end if you have no future in the organisation. Lack of motivation seems perfectly normal/reasonable /rationale attitude TBH.

sofatester
    Free Member

I find it’s best to be consistent; I just don’t care any of the time.

surfer
    Free Member

MrMo
    What Junkyard says is correct IMO. Given your situation it is perfectly normal to feel the way you do. Dont feel bad about.
    I felt the same way a couple of years ago in a similar situation.
    Go easy on yourself its not a reflection on you or your professionalism that you are feeling like this.
    Try to do things that you want to do and not what you think you should do. or even should want to do, like biking. If you dont feel like it wait for the urge to return.
    Good luck

coffeeking
    Free Member

I’m happy with my job and I still have those feelings. Am I abnormal?

mrmo
    Free Member

i except the bit about work, just a pity it affects everything. I find it hard to enjoy free time because the fact that i will be redundant is always hanging there.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Motivation’ is closed to new replies.