Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Motivate me…
  • ahsat

Just can’t be bothered this weekend…! Still not ridden despite having whole weekend at home on my own (for first time in ages). Instead have done gardening and seen the inlaws! I should try and keep fitness up for our planned bank holiday epic but just not bothered. Arghh, why?! I have a wealth of great bikes to chose from, its a bit windy but not raining. Do other people get like this at times?

coogan
    Free Member

Yeah, sometimes your heads just not into it that day. No big deal, not as if you sat about doing nothing. Forcing it will make it even less enjoyable.

ricky1
    Free Member

Go and pIt your biking gear on,that’s the first step,then go choose your steed,now think of a loop you can do,you will wonder what all the fuss was about when you tearing your local up.

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

I’m happy to look after some of your bikes..that way you may feel less bothered by doing nowt…

ricky1
    Free Member

But yes I can think of things I need to be doing now and again instead of leaving the jobs to fester and buggering off biking,we are all guilty of it.

ahsat

Well Ricky has at least motivated me to get changed. Think it’s going to just be a local spin on the cx though.

Lol edenvalleyboy – thanks for the offer, I don’t have any issues owning them though.

benji
    Free Member

It’s something only you can do, it’s a lovely day for a ride, celebrate being alive and go for a ride, hope that helped.

chakaping
    Free Member

I wasn’t really feeling it today and had to make myself go out, then felt like someone had filled my legs with concrete so took an easy route – but still managed to end up riding back into a headwind.

🙁

Not really enjoyable but still don’t regret going out. I’m sure you’ll have a much better time.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I took my new to me Sherpa out for the first time today,nothing like a new bike for motivation!

piemonster

Get out for a spin before it’s too late. Then settle down for a bit of Sunday film or some such trash in the quietly satisfying knowledge you had a blast out in the bike.

I nearly started a similar thread, but that was just going to turn into a rant about work, moving, stress, and general misery-lite

Feel much better for have plastered the bike in mud

maxtorque

Last November i rode Snowdon, got back, put my MTB in the shed, and didn’t ride a bike for about 3 months! I just didn’t feel like riding.

Then one day in March, i woke up and thought “i fancy a ride” and since then i’ve been back to full steam ahead riding my bikes!

The moral of the story? No idea, but maybe “don’t fret it” 😉

ahsat

Well, clap yourselves all on the back! I went out, just headed up the C2C to keep out some of the wind (turned out in places that wasnt that easy as I ground to a 9mph halt), anyway, sense of motivation came back and just kept it simple – rode 15.5 miles out and turned round and came back! Hate linear rides normally, but it turned into 31 miles that just didn’t require thought. And after that, got some pretty canny top 10’s on Strava (pretty pleased with that as some 200 odd women on the C2C!).

MoreCashThanDash

I find that when I am at home on my own I do very little of anything – its such a luxury to have no one demanding my time and/or attention and/or money that I can spend hours doing nothing but enjoying the silence.

I miss them all terribly – obviously. But bring on half term and their trip to the inlaws!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Motivate me…’ is closed to new replies.