Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Motion Tracking / Laser Sensors / Arduno / Pi boffins..?
  • alexxx
    Free Member

I’m looking for a sensor that can track direction of movement. Say for a rear coil shock and front suspension

Any thoughts on how I might do this?

Alternatively does anyone know if PSI in forks and shocks gain pressure in a linear way under compression ?

Thanks!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://j-techsuspension.co.uk/pages/data-logging
    Like this stuff?

The air will behave as the gas laws dictate but if you change some of the other variables that will impact it so it depends on the fork

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

If you can strap the Pi to the bike, can’t you use a linear sensor of some kind…. Would be simpler. Otherwise, HD video and stickers with figures/scale and then video analysis of some sort, perhaps with a bigger machine though.

farm-boy

Shock Wiz might also be worth a look. Although still at prototype stage.

richmars

We use a little Keyence laser sensor, mm range, reads down to microns. Cost may be a problem for you, about £800.

nickjb
    Free Member

Sharp PSD sensor is good. Pretty accurate and cheap enough to have a play with. Its optical and needs a surface to bounce off.

allthepies
    Free Member

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-MPU-6050-Module-3-Axis-Gyroscope-Accelerometer-Module-for-Arduino-MPU-6050-/272041588642

Hooked up to an Arduino (or even better an ESP8266 module which will give you Wifi connectivity too [if required] )

alexxx
    Free Member

oo thanks guys lots to go on there

alexxx
    Free Member

Sorry.. me again

So the one allthepies linked to – am I right in thinking that’ll give forces and measure speeds

And the sharp sensor nickjb linked to does physical distance measuring (all be it I think 10cm-80cm)? Do you think that sharp sensor will be too sensitive with the likes of mtb trails messing up the reading? I’m not bothered about the wet ect.. I thought more changing light variables and dust?

Thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Motion Tracking / Laser Sensors / Arduno / Pi boffins..?’ is closed to new replies.