• This topic has 10 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by DT78.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Motion sensitive security camera?
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Work colleague asking, is there a reliable camera, motion sensitive and infra red with 10m visible range for under a ton?.

would need to be used via ipad or phone app etc…

I’m sure the good folks of STW have some experiences to share? there’s an infinite amount of choice on amazon, hard to sort out what is cheap shite.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Que?

chris36860
    Free Member

I’ve just brought the Guardzilla from Argos. £100 down to £52 I think. Really impressed so far. Great night vision too. Texts, emails and sends a push when activated along with recording to SD card or iCloud.

swedishmatt
    Free Member

I’ve got a Dericam which meets the needs. Wifi or cables. Needs power. Can get notifications pushed . Get email snapshots but not working great at the moment for some reason but it’s probably a Gmail setting.. About 50 quid on Amazon. Saves videos for about 5 days worth and then over writes (16gb).

CHB

Best thing I have is an app called “manything” running on an old iPhone 4s. I had one sat in a drawer and because I have an outdoor 13A socket I bought a waterproof case (of the type that is designed for handlebar mounting). So now for 70p per month I have cloud based recording and 24/7 monitoring from an old iPhone. I have had this running for 4 months now and it is flawless.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Chris, which model? only one I can see on Argos is an indoor only?

AlexSimon

Do these things get activated by cats?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’d imagine so.

DT78
    Free Member

I use a clever dog. Not bad but gets attacked by moths which set it off….

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Do you have it pointed out through a window DT? decent images?

DT78
    Free Member

They can be used through glass if you put it really close but the manufacturer doesnt recommend it, it isn’t reliable if used this way ime.

Image wise I think they are pretty good, night time unlikely you’ll get many facial features, but you’ll definitely tell it’s a person and tell what they are up to. In daylight the images are pretty good.

Motion sensing and alerting is quicker and more reliable than the arlo HD system I returned, which costs lots more £££. I’ve now stumped up for a hard wired swann system on the outside of the house.

I use the clever dogs mostly as a peep hole in internal rooms, so if my alarm goes off, or I think I hear something I can check in or just want to check in remote. I also use one instead of a baby monitor for our toddler, the much more expensive baby monitor is in use for son#2.

They are only £25ish and amazon are pretty good with returns if it turns out to not be what you are looking for.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Motion sensitive security camera?’ is closed to new replies.