Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • mothers day……
  • smudge
    Free Member

Hated: cueing up for a card and flowers for mothers day.

What I miss most….. Giving my Mum her card and flowers on Mothers Day.

You never know when it will be your last year, I never thought last year would have been my last. I should have made more of an effort really.

Nothing more.

tacopowell
    Free Member

Well said, been 3rd year motherless, slight jealousy towards everyone else!

Make the most of it.

aldo69
    Free Member

To all mums here or not lots of love to all of them

Love pete. Xxxxx

Kryton57

The best thing about Mother’s Day so far was watching my 4yo write his own name on the card and “Mummy” on the envelope. Ok so he copied what I wrote out on a piece of paper for him, but it was still an emotive achievement.

ratherbeintobago

This reminds me I’d better go and write Miss RBIT (aged 2)’s mothers day card.

Smudger666

Jesus smudge, **** dusty in here.

Suddenly the weekly phone call isn’t a chore.

Thankyou.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Totally agree. Gone 29 years now but I still think of mum.

johndoh
    Free Member

Had a moment earlier. Have a nice planter to take to the cemetary. Two years since mum died, four since dad. Shit. But have my own family. Mustn’t complain too much.

jamj1974

smudge – Member
    Hated: cueing up for a card and flowers for mothers day.
    What I miss most….. Giving my Mum her card and flowers on Mothers Day.
    You never know when it will be your last year, I never thought last year would have been my last. I should have made more of an effort really.
    Nothing more.

Had my first Father’s Day last year without my Dad only a few months after he died – so I have had a similar experience to you. It is crap TBH, but probably like me you did stuff on many other days that showed you cared. Maybe do something that makes you think of her in a particularly positive way?

Anyway – it will most likely be hard but chin up if you can.

pingu66
    Free Member

Yep been a few years since I have been able to give my mum a hug but I did so every year up until we lost her.

I will think of her tomorrow probably more than usual. My partner lost her mum a year after mine.

So if I can make a plea to everyone on here, tell your mum you love them, and not just on mothers day. They are the most special people on this earth.

theteaboy
    Free Member

Ten years next month since my mum went. Still think of her every day.

Sandwich

Just about 10 years without a mum to give a card to. I do have a great mother-in-law who does a good job as a substitute, the step-mother is not faring as well. (She’s just, as in 2 days ago, lost her mum too which was a bit bad).

globalti
    Free Member

Gti Junior and I forgot Mother’s day and now Mother has got a bag on, which has lasted all day.

br
    Free Member

Mine’s coming round soon, huge fish pie made by her fav son 🙂

unklehomered
    Free Member

I was a bit meh about this thread from the title, as I’m in the same situation as the OP. Kept busy, went trail building, meeting mates in pub shortly… But I find myself thinking about it when there isn’t anything to do…

As above, you don’t know when you won’t get to do it again, ever. Glad I’ve 8 had months though, few months afterwards I would have struggled.

PhilChap

First year without here too. Life goes on but seems a poorer place.

monksie
    Free Member

“They are the most special people on this earth”
    Not for me by a long measure but my wife is loved very much indeed by our daughter so we’ve made a special fuss of her today.

CountZero

My mum died Jan 18th last year. The last fourteen months have not been the best, really. 🙁

sharkbait
    Free Member

My mum is 86 and going strong but you never know……
    Remember that you don’t have to wait until mothers day to buy flowers.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘mothers day……’ is closed to new replies.