Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • MOTD 2 …. Wayne Rooney not resigning with UTD…for football fans out there
  • rockhopper70

not too fussed myself.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Hmm, wonder how much Real will pay for him?

wors

On his current form, i wouldn’t sign him on a free.

billybob
    Free Member

matter do it? It’d do him good to experience some foreign culture, not enough english players go abroad.

Zoolander
    Free Member

He can come back to everton on a free transfer….. Then we can flog the littleshitehawk again 🙂

warton
    Free Member

Its fair to say he’s screwed that up fairly massively, its very rare that a player leaves fergie and gets better

transporter13
    Free Member

too true zoo…was happy when we got 30+ million for him and then immediately played better anyway

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ha ha!

‘Once a Blue, always a Blue’

GlitterGary
    Free Member

He’s not even as good as his brother. Now that lad was a waster:

http://www.fansonline.net/macclesfieldtown/mb/view.php?id=45363

It’s funny whenever I watch England, I see the same player as John, running around, not doing much.

I did see him score a cracker once though, I think against Barnet.

rondo101
    Free Member

On his current form, i wouldn’t sign him on a free.

his current form is surely a result of whatever is happening off the pitch to lead to him making this announcement.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/17/wayne-rooney-manchester-united

rockhopper70

£150K a week………..
    🙄

postierich
    Free Member

No loyalty these days Ha Ha

michaelowen by Richard Munro, on Flickr

wors

Nah his form is down to him shelling out 1200 quid to shag a slag.

rockhopper70

there are a few loyal players…like Mr Chelsea John Terry who immediately dismissed an approach from City. Well, he did after he agreed an enhanced offer with his existing employer he was contracted to.
    It’s all ball erks.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Haha, let’s hope his career will go the same way as Michael Owen’s…

http://www.theoffside.com/world-football/michael-owen-brochure-now-available.html

rockhopper70

Haha, let’s hope his career will go the same way as Michael Owen’s…

http://www.theoffside.com/world-football/michael-owen-brochure-now-available.html

😕

thehustler
    Free Member

NO loyalty in the modern game ermmmmmmm…..giggs? scholes? neville?

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Must be pretty difficult to stay loyal to the best team in the country, eh? 🙄

Hairychested
    Free Member

Another Gazza in the making 🙁

Jamie
    Free Member

Another Gazza in the making

Not really.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Must be pretty difficult to stay loyal to the best team in the country, eh?

Last I looked, Rooney din’t play for Chelsea….

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Disney for Shrek whatever number?

br
    Free Member

Not into football myself, but interested in the ‘company’ side of it – this seems as much about Man Utd trying to get their money back for him in 2011 if he doesn’t sign (becomes a ‘free-agent’ in 2012), as him trying to get more cash.

tails
    Free Member

Where do you think he will end up as I can’t see any big club needing him Spurs?? or an outside chance of a swap with torres.

Wenger would not like a figure like him in the dressing room, City need to reduce their wage bill, sod all chance of him getting in the barca squad. Both chelsea and real don’t need him.

JonR
    Free Member

All of these stories in the media and not one quote in any of them, its almost like they have no official line on this stroy at all and have just added Rooney’s poor form, the fact he hasn’t signed the contract extension that he was offered months ago and a misunderstanding about the ankle he had an ice pack on after the Fulham game and come up with this “exclusive”. But then the tabloid press are so honest and above board that they can’t have just made all of it up can they?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Trouble is, Wayne isn’t the sharpest tool in the box, bless him, and I think he’d struggle to fit in at another club. As for going abroad; that would require him to learn another language,etc. And I don’t want to be nasty, but he doesn’t strike me as the type to be able to grasp the complexities of Spanish or Italian, say, too easily. Hence why he probbly wants to stay in England.

His wage demands mean only Chelsea or Man City would realistically be able to afford him. Plus, Wayne is the kind of player that needs close mentoring, his off the field activities suggest he has pretty poor judgement tbh.

‘I’m a famous footballer. I want to sleep with this prostitute. What could possibly go wrong?’ As I said, not the sharpest tool….

Bacon Face is perhaps one of the very few managers I can see being able to handle him properly, stop him self-destructing (yes, he could well be another Gazza if he’s not careful). Another, ironically, is David Moyes. Harry Redknapp might be another one. Mourinho? Possibly. I can’t see Ancelloti putting up with him, even less so Mancini being able to handle him. Nah, he needs a tough bastard of a manager to keep him on a leash.

Seems to me that he’s having a strop because Bacon Face has laid down the law about his off the field antics. He’d be very unwise to leave Man U, I reckon.

rockhopper70

Local papers suggesting he might be £500K per week with city.

Hadge
    Free Member

I’m not a Man Utd fan but remember forms temporary and class is permanent and Rooney if he leaves Utd he will come back and haunt them big time with which ever club he plays for. I agree with Fergie, no player is bigger than the club – as Keane, Beckhan, Veron and Stam found out. No one can deny how good Fergie has been for that club, especially his man-management skills. I think Rooney will go and will go to one of the Spanish giants. That way he will leave all the latest tabloid stuff about his personal stuff behind – that and about £200k per week wages.

allthepies
    Free Member

Local papers suggesting he might be £500K per week with city.

lol

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member
    Must be pretty difficult to stay loyal to the best team in the country, eh?
    Last I looked, Rooney din’t play for Chelsea….

Yeah, Chelsea’s European & domestic pedigree combined with a reputation for fast flowing, free football is second to none. 🙄

The best team in the country is not always the one currently at the top of the table.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well, by that reckoning, Liverpool are the ‘best team in the country’, then. More trophies than any other English club. 😕

Jamie
    Free Member

Well done Fox News. Shame they edited it later in the day:

-sauce

Jamie
    Free Member

Funny if true:

“Wayne Rooney is increasingly open to the idea of completing the most rancorous and staggering transfer of modern times by leaving Manchester United for Manchester City.”

-Guardian

oopnorth
    Free Member

“Wayne Rooney is increasingly open to the idea of completing the most rancorous and staggering transfer of modern times by leaving Manchester United for Manchester City.”

Will never happen, Utd are not going to sell him to one of their rivals, especially city! If he goes, it will be abroad.
    As a Utd fan, I say if he wants to go, let him. We need players who want to play for the team and who can score regularly. Rooney aint scored for 5 months now , except in the hookers bed, hes going to self destruct in a Gazza style at some point. If Fergie can`t control him, no one will.

I reckon give the young strikers a run, Hernandez, Nani and Macheeda.

Jamie
    Free Member

except in the hookers bed,

More of an own goal….. 😉

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member
    Well, by that reckoning, Liverpool are the ‘best team in the country’, then. More trophies than any other English club.

You forgot to address this bit:

combined with a reputation for fast flowing, free football

tails
    Free Member

United are looking in dire straights at the mo, over the years I have gone from being a supporter to a fan as this guy has

taken over. As big a team as they are, going bust is a possibility, city will put in the top bid and financially we will have to take it.

Other than Chelsea, City and Arsenal the whole Premiership appears poorly run. Why have we not adopted this Spanish system where by people are buying socio’s?

Anyway they need to get shot of rooney ASAP. Anyone still think they are worth a punt for the league?

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Chelsea will win the league with ease I reckon. Utd seem to have lost a bit of the dear factor and the lesser teams aren’t afraid to have a go at them now. Apparently Rooney can buy himself out of his contract for £5m – not much for him I wouldn’t have thought so he could play for whoever would be prepared to pay him the money he seems to want. Man City then! Or maybe Chelsea?

It will be interesting to see what Fergie does with him now, whether he’ll just rot in the reserves or be forced to play him, given that the alternatives (Hernandez and Macheda) are pretty unproven.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘MOTD 2 …. Wayne Rooney not resigning with UTD…for football fans out there’ is closed to new replies.