Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • MOT reminder thingy
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Used to be £1.50, now free it seems.

https://www.reminders.mot-testing.service.gov.uk

stumpy01

Nice one. Ta…

MartynS

That’s good innit!!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CheesybeanZ

Ta.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Good – overshot my last MOT by nearly three months…..

higthepig
    Free Member

For those with a smart phone, I use the VehicleSmart app, you add your registration and it will show you when the VED and MOT are due, it also shows some MOT history and also if it is insured. Handy for us as we have 4 cars/motorbikes at home. It also lets you snoop and check registrations of dickish drivers to see if they are legal! You can set reminders for MOTs & VED, or go premium for insurance and servicing etc.

Jakester
    Free Member

Pfft. Where were you in March, when the MOT on my wife’s car expired, eh? Fat lot of good it is now, on the day that the tax expires meaning I have to leg it over to the MOT station in the hope her car will pass first time… 😀

perchypanther
    Free Member

If these apps were more widely publicised, I might have been denied last nights display of impromptu street theatre.

There’s been a manky old Honda Accord parked outside my house for a few days and, when I got home last night, it had been clamped by the DVLA , presumably for not having paid VED.

My 8 year old was woken at 10 pm by some bloke in the street, who had pulled up in an old Focus and produced an angle grinder and was setting about the clamp with gusto, showering the road in sparks.
    My son thought this was hugely entertaining.

After a few minutes, the clamp was in bits, the bloke jumped in the Honda and drove off. He appeared back on foot five minutes later to retrieve the Focus and shot off at high speed.

falkirk-mark

I put my car in for a couple of tyres recently and the fast fit company must be using the MOT database as they are now texting me that my MOT is due (like I am gonna get a car MOTd at a place that exists to sell brakes shocks etc).

Jakester
    Free Member

falkirk-mark – Member
    (like I am gonna get a car MOTd at a place that exists to sell brakes shocks etc).

They’d probably only take it to the local testing station anyway. They just want the work to fix the problems that the MOT throws up.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘MOT reminder thingy’ is closed to new replies.