• This topic has 17 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by iolo.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • MOT failure – what to do with it?
  • toxicsoks
    Free Member

Mrs Soks’ Ford Ka is finally beyond economic repair according to our trusted, reasonably priced garage bloke. What does she do with it as I’ve never had a car that’s died in service, so to speak? 😐

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

If it really is as bad as it says on the failure sheet, then call a couple of breakers and see what they offer to take it away. Get a destruction note and that’s it. or put it on fleabay as an MOT failure and see if its worth more ?

toxicsoks
    Free Member

*waves* Er, Mods? Meant to stick this on Chat Forum. Sorry.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Denzildoorknob
    Free Member

I had to say tara to me old Polo not so long ago – got £100 from a breaker. Probably the least hassleous (?) way to get rid. Rang AM and they tooketh away PM. They even had access to the DVLA database so no messing with the log book. Received a note of destruction next day.

All very sad – I still weep openly when I think of my dear old Polo being destroyed…………it was like a cat to me.

Northwind

Viking funeral

Junkyard
    Free Member

with a trebochet launch

fatyowls
    Free Member

Fire starter! 😉

spooky_b329

ebay. Could be worth more to someone as parts that the breakers will give you. £50 no reserve 🙂

grantway
    Free Member

Scrap heap challenge !

nickjb
    Free Member

EBay +1

Honest description and I’ll sell well. Minimal hassle

uselesshippy
    Free Member

+1 for eBay.
    People buy any old shit on eBay. 😀

totalshell

find your local branch of emr ( european metals recycling) drive in they pay 135 a tonne.. however.. strip the lights and part it out but ka used parts are plentiful.. or whack it on ebay free listing weekend and you ll get 250 for any runner..

parkesie
    Free Member

Ebay with a honest discription and the fail sheet from mot. Youl get a some beer money and someone else will get a chap car to fix up.

Was it killed by rust by any chance?

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Was it killed by rust by any chance?

Killed beyond death! (over £300 worth of welding req’d). 🙁

PePPeR

It’ll probably be rust on a Ka, mainly around the fuel filler flap and rear arches. . I have a friend who spends his life repairing Ka’s.

trail_rat
    Free Member

300 quids worthnof welding at a garage.

Thatll be a day to someone who can weld them selves

Stick it on ebay.

hot_fiat

Cartakeback appear to be a bunch of gullible fools: gave us well over the odds for the three corsas we destroyed doing the crumball.

Them or just fill the doors, sills and spare wheel well with concrete and go weigh it in. Don’t overdo it though, a 2000kg Ka might set the scrappie’s dog off.

iolo
    Free Member

Get it kitted for a demolition derby. Have one last bit of fun before its destroyed.
    If you’ve never competed in one its definitely worth doing.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘MOT failure – what to do with it?’ is closed to new replies.