Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Most you've ever spent on a taxi
  • allyharp

As per title, what's the most you've ever spent on a taxi journey?

I tend to avoid getting taxis whenever I can, but tonight I managed to fall asleep on the last train home and had to get a taxi from Woking back to Surbiton. Cost me 40 quid which is the most I've ever spent, but I expect we'll hear some marge larger figures from some responses…

Tracker1972
    Free Member

12quid but always willing to pick people up in the middle of the night and had the favour returned from time to time. Walked some silly distances when drunk before flagging taxis down.
    Bet the big money goes to airport taxis…

M6TTF
    Free Member

60 quid in a black cab from manc city centre to macc. Last train is a pitiful 11.14pm so your night ends abruptly. It's cheaper to go on laterooms. Crappy public transport!

Also paid 50quid from the airport in the small hours due to delays

donsimon
    Free Member

Madrid to Liverpool 25 quid- Easyjet
    Liverpool to Manchester 45 quid.
    That was a reduced fare as the guy was knocking off shift and heading towards Manchester anyway, the Black cab wanted 60 quid!! This was 10 years ago BTW!

How I laughed! 😆

lowey

140. Northenden to chester and then to Bolton. Its a long story.

lodious
    Free Member

£140 after missing the last train from London to Nottingham 🙁

Bregante

About 15yrs ago I was working on a conference in London and one of the technicians left some custom kit in the offiice in Salford. We realised at about midnight and the conference was due to start at 8. The only staff with keys lived in fleetwood and had been drinking. Taxi from fleetwood to salford then to London. Think it was about £180. Glad it wasn't my cash.

emac65
    Free Member

About 5K I reckon…..
    Well thats how much it's cost me to get my son through his driving test,get a car & insure it for him etc etc etc…But I do have my very own private taxi…..Well I do as long as I give him the money for petrol…….. 😕

konabunny
    Free Member

£140 after missing the last train from London to Nottingham

Sounds cheap, tbh. Minicab from Kings Cross to Heathrow is 35 quid, black cab twice that iirc.

uplink
    Free Member

BA once put me in a cab from Newcastle airport to Heathrow – no idea what that cost them but it's something like a 600 mile round trip

MrNutt
    Free Member

Years ago had to get a cab from Camden to chiswick because it was insane o'clock new years day and idiot here just got on the first bus beginning with the letter C and then ended up at a random party off the bus, cost me £140

john_drummer
    Free Member

£16 Leeds – Bradford after missing the last bus & train home, having been to a gig at The Warehouse

might not sound like much, but it was 1983.

I learnt from that. Next time I missed the last bus/train back from Leeds, I crashed in the waiting room at Leeds railway station with a few mates

firestarter
    Free Member

My work used one from dorking to cardiff to transport a piece of equipment to me that I had forgotten as it was cheaper than cancelling what I needed to do. Not happy lol it was just over 350 iirc

konabunny
    Free Member

Years ago had to get a cab from Camden to chiswick because it was insane o'clock new years day and idiot here just got on the first bus beginning with the letter C and then ended up at a random party off the bus, cost me £140

Whut? It's only ten miles!

IanMmmm
    Free Member

Of my own money, 90 quid from Manchester to Leeds.

Of my employers money – I think 520 quid for a car from London to Leeds on the day of the Hatfield train crash.

MrNutt
    Free Member

Black cab at 3:30am, may have been a little bit poorly

jonb
    Free Member

I've done quite a lot of journeys at the £30 to £40 pound mark. Normally getting back home from weddings etc. where it still works out cheaper than a hotel room at the venue.

Most expensive was £60 there and £60 back from Amsterdam to one of our sites, but I wasn't paying.

NZCol

1200dollars ! Akl to Wgtn after being stuck there for 4 days due to fog at wgtn. Airnz paid.

theotherjonv

Have managed to avoid the worst. Needed one from Richmond on Thames to Woking some time back (I got on the train at Richmond, with intention of changing at Clapham Jn) only to wake up as the train was pulling into – Richmond. And then found it was the last one. But my wife came and picked me up. Still paying for that off and on.

Missed last train out of London on Fri night as it happened but there's always tonnes of places open in the WestEnd on nights, so had a pleasant coffee or two and then a nice walk round the sights before getting the early train home. Still paying for that too, in terms of lack of sympathy and disapproving looks

andytherocketeer

haha ex-flatmate got woken up by the district line train driver at Richmond as he did the walkthrough to evict all the drunken people that'd fallen asleep, before moving it into the sidings.
    Probably not excessive cab fare from Richmond to Putney, but it was funny, and somewhat more expensive than what should have been a free (well using monthly season ticket) journey changing @ Earls Court.

Think my biggest taxi fare must be about £40 / €50 and most likely paid for by company.

white101

When I moved to Gosport in the early 90's some of us went across to Pompey for a few beers, when we got back to the harbour at 1am to find the ferry had gone to bed we got in a taxi to take us all the way round to Gosport £27, there was a small boat at the bottom of the harbour steps doing the same trip for £2.50pp 😡

Denis99
    Free Member

€300 – Paris (CDG) to Chalon – work related.

My boss didn't even bat an eyelid once I explained the situation.

U31
    Free Member

£40 from the Birdcage Manchester to Crompton Way in Bolton..

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

So, you were robbed, basically. No way that journey's £140 unless it's via Oxford or something daft, eve NY day.

Not loads, but a Cabbie charged a friend £8 something from British Museum to Drummond St. Went the long way round, the conning shyster. We would have walked if she didn't have a bad leg.

Told a few minicabs to behave themselves trying to charge us silly money late at night. We're not that pissed mate. You're getting a tenner and that's it. £25 for a two mile journey my arse.

findo_gask
    Free Member

£80. Broken-down train. Sunday morning. Flight to catch.

ahwiles
    Free Member

£60, in that ****ing london, after being abandoned by the ba***rd nightbus, after the f**kin* tube closed for the evening.

24 hour city my ar*e.

yes, it's 12.30 am, yes i'd like to get home without being stabbed, or having to see a mortgage advisor.

londoners are morons.

zokes
    Free Member

Have they removed all vowels in New Zealand English, Col?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

yes, it's 12.30 am, yes i'd like to get home without being stabbed, or having to see a mortgage advisor.

Many hundreds of thousands manage this in London all the time. I have done, certainly.

londoners are morons.

Some of them, yes.

clancol
    Free Member

100 euro.

From Milan Linate airport to Lake Majorie. Was for honeymoon and couldn't be bothered with the bus, train, train, boat and walk it normally takes.
    (was my dads place so had been there before 🙂

D

U31
    Free Member

Like Laaaaaahndan town, Manchester is supposed to be another 24 hour party capital, so why is the last train to Bolton 11.15?

Yes, i am dreading getting home from Sankeys next weekend!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Eeh, the kids today, eh?

When I were a lad, we'd go out on Friday night and not get home until Sunday afternoon earliest. The youth of today- no stamina.

I do remember a few times sitting waiting for the Tube to start running again, to get us back from some industrial estate in Uxbridge or wherever the rave was. I think a mate of mine did a deal with a cabbie once; gave him a couple of Es to drive us back. Ah, halcyon days, rolling joints and sharing them with the drivers… All gone now. No smoking in the workplace and all that.

U31
    Free Member

You want to try drinking with musicians/ DJ's… 😀

One legendary after club party in Blackburn last year started on Friday and didnt end until the last ones fell down about Monday dinnertime.. We later heard the noise gave the next door neighbour a heart attack…

We have now moved the decks downstairs and try and watch the volume after 11…

Frankenstein
    Free Member

£60 Travelling from Melbourne airport to Melbourne its miles away!

Same with Rome.

Dirtynap
    Free Member

£267 from leeds to stansted.

Booked a holiday to ibiza whilst drunk in the early hours of a friday. Went to the wrong airport. Still I was in space by early evening on the saturday all be it with a much a lighter wallet.

90 euors to get across paris once. When I got to teh hotel I found out I could paid 7 euros for the bus, and it would have dropped me in the same place exactly, and been just as quick.

Mantastic
    Free Member

Aberdeen to Bude in an emergency situation company paid, I have no idea how much but it did include a hotel for the driver.

cynic-al
    Free Member

£854 from Brittany, been partying from Friday night 2 weeks previous and had a professional exam to sit.

bearGrease

Canary Wharf to Bury St. Edmunds. About £250 for work.

alpin
    Free Member

this is going back a few (10 – gulp!) years. and i was only party to it on a few occasions, although a couple of mates often did it.

after a night raving up town (london) we used to jump into one of the dodgy cabs – the ones that aren't licenced (not even sure if the drivers had a licence). the drivers would all be competing to get a fare "london anywhere, 10 pounds".

anyways, we'd get in… tell him where to go and upon reaching our town get him to drop us off right outside the Police Station. and then we'd refuse to pay….

saved a fortune over the years… a normal taxi would have cost about 50 quid.

hora
    Free Member

£40 Stratford to West Hampstead 10yrs ago. Taxi driver was laughing for most of the way until I asked him how long he could keep talking about the same subject.

trail_rat
    Free Member

140 dollars in houston from the airport to a colleagues hotel then on to mine – the long way it would seem. again i wasnt paying and the cab driver im sure spotted that. Id been up for 36 hrs by that point and had given up caring just said write a reciept please- boss didnt bat an eyelid return journey cost 100 quid in a **** hotel limo. Was much nicer than the fag stinking yellow cab where the driver just couldnt sense that he needed to shut the **** up !

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Most you've ever spent on a taxi’ is closed to new replies.