Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Most Urgent Question
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

I’ve just fitted my new DHX 5.0 Air shock to my Pitch, but I can’t have the air valve cap on as it fouls the rocker.

Is this ok or can the air valve be moved to a different location?

We’re talking just about here, like if I had 1mm more clearance it’d fit fine, so the valve clears easily.

james
    Free Member

Is it possible to put the whole shock the other way up?
    Like this:

Theoretically it means there is less ‘suspended weight’ (ie less mass to move when the suspension moves) because the ‘fat’ end of the shock is now connected to the frame

That doesn’t really answer you question though

I wouldn’t want to run without the air cap, mud will get in at some point, you’ll not be able to get it all out, and when you depress the valve to let air out/put air in, the dirt will get inside the shock

charlierevell
    Free Member

Can you get away with a small rubber cap that would ‘squish’???

steve_b77
    Free Member

James – Can’t do that I tried, the boost thingy hits the down tube!

Charlie – cunning plan, unless some one comes up with a better idea thats what i’ll do

Onzadog
    Free Member

Isn’t that why Specailized only ever specced the DHX 4.0? Leave it off. You’ll have to remove the shock to chance/check the air pressure so it would be no extra effort to clean it out before attaching the pump. By the way, don’t let the pressure drop too low in that chamber. read the small print.

IA

Tried different air valve caps? Some are taller/smaller than others. Raid an inner tube!

File down a plastic cap off a tube a bit?

If you leave it off, what about just a wee strip of gaffer tape over the end of the valve then wrapped round itself to keep the crap out?

kaiser
    Free Member

just grind a tiny bit out of the rocker arm “ala turner”.

chakaping
    Free Member

Yep, sounds like another use for Duck tape to me.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Problem Solved, I’v nicked a valve cap off me ca and it fits just nicely 😆

Now for the set up.

Onzadog – I’ve heard about them sticking down, it appears to be a maintainance issue, set the sag at 20% using the littel gauge you get with the bike, thats 165psi which matches whan I put in my old shock for my weight 85kgs fully kitted

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Most Urgent Question’ is closed to new replies.