Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Most unusual cake you've tried
  • chewkw
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Durian.

:mrgreen:

pistonbroke
    Free Member

seosamh77 – Member
    Well there ye go, I never knew there were actual carrots in a carrot cake!

I may have some bad news for you about Welsh cakes.

sirromj

Parsnip & orange cake.
    Victoria sponge made with potato.

Junkyard
    Free Member

oh yes made a potato cake with passion fruit that was nice and no way you woud have know it was potato

ossify

Carrot cake is great. Heard of a similar cake using parsnip which I’d love to try some day.

My wife has made chocolate cake including tomato puree. Makes it nice and moist. Apparently mayonnaise also works nicely but you have to draw the line somewhere!

timber

Mystery cake at a weekend piss up with friends turned out to be pesto cake. Well liked and quite surprised when found out what the flavour was.
    Quite like vegetable cakes where they are the flavour, not just to bulk or keep moist.
    Experimented a bit with meat cakes, ham and feta came out quite good.

joshvegas
    Free Member

maccruiskeen – Member
    Carrots are vegetables.
    So is ginger…

Hate to break it to you but so is sugar beet

Ooooh get you buying the posh sugar…

eugeo81
    Free Member

I once got given a savoury tuna sandwich cake for a birthday here in Estonia a few years back. I was a little disappointed at the time as i am a big fan of a traditional jam sponge cake.

grenosteve
    Free Member

Lady at work once brought in a vegan un-cooked (must have been set somehow?) nut and seed cake thing. I wasn’t brave enough to try it based on it’s looks and smell, and the one person that was spat it out…

Would have been a bit less awkward if it wasn’t her birthday, and she hadn’t spent most of the evening before making it.

sturdylad
    Free Member

I made this for an office bake off once
    Chocolate Cola Cake
    But being a wheat freak and given my connections I used gluten free flour and the Red Bull cola instead of normal cola, was very well received.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Most unusual cake you've tried’ is closed to new replies.