Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Most ridiculously under priced bit of bike-related kit?
  • shoefiti
    Free Member

in response to the expensive bike part thread? – there must be some bargains out there!

tinsy
    Free Member

sssshhhhhhhh…. the shops are watching!!!!!

stumpy01

Superstar brake pads.

My current set was put on around March time. They have managed a lot of downhill braking on a week trip to the Sierra Nevada mountains courtesy of Ciclo Montana in May, the Wiggle Enduro 6, 4hr Summer series race at Thetford, the 24/12 plus the normal riding that we get to do.
    There's still probably a couple of months in them & I bought 4 pairs in one go so they are only £5-6/set I think.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Milkie
    Free Member

Another one for Superstar brake pads. 4 pairs for the price of one pair.

AndyP
    Free Member

UN72 bottom brackets.

DannyLeigh
    Free Member

Underpriced?

Bike parts?

Are you having a laugh?!

s
    Free Member

FSA Orbit XL II Headset

thefallguy
    Free Member

this could be a much shorter thread!

Wilko's puncture repair kit 99p

Drac

SS Pads here too more sensible price then under priced though.

owenfackrell
    Free Member

The focus black forest bike. £711 for a complete bike with fox f100 rl forks on!

(and this has nothing to do with the fact that i have just got one 😉 )

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Jones frames.

😉

stuey
    Free Member

Sainsbury's 10p puncture repair kits

twohats
    Free Member

Mates rates on frames and parts, i.e cost! 😉

clubber
    Free Member

That's not cost though is it – that's trade unless your mate is the manufacturer… 😉

Lemony
    Free Member

Luckily getting a bike at trade and then taking advantage of the bike-to-work scheme…

julianwilson
    Free Member

though not a piece of kit, I would say that if you call it 4 nights camping in devon in July with a bike race thrown in, the bontrager 24/12 is outstanding value.

And i know they are heavy but they are fun (and extremely fun) not race bikes: the price of on-one 456's is outstanding at the moment.

For people that don't mind servicing them, complete shimano hubs to build your own wheels is waaaaay better value than any other hub for performance/weight and infinitely better value than their 'factory' wheels.

This headset press is also very sensibly priced compared to the nearly the same Park Tools version for 90-odd quid.

MrAgreeable

For something with hundreds of fiddly little moving parts, chains are pretty good value.

trail_rat
    Free Member

id say the no fuss 10 series is good value – i got me a pair of 1240 quid flights and a weeks accomodation thrown into the equation 😉

hope/stans prebuilt wheels are a bargain esp for the weight – i couldnt build stans on basic pro 2s for that price doing the labour my self – heaven knows i tried !

sv

On-Ones £20 rear XT hub and SSC pads for me. Frames from On-One at the moment seem superb value, cant justify it (just yet!).

twohats
    Free Member

That's not cost though is it – that's trade unless your mate is the manufacturer

Cost from a distributor, not trade from a store 8)

bassspine
    Free Member

Aldi bambooo base layer £7.99 and merino £14.99

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Specialized Pitch for the £995 I paid in the sales. Superb bike for the money…..

haddock
    Free Member

Cycling glasses at a Aldi £2-99, superb!!

Olly
    Free Member

that would be cost for some of my stuff then clubber 😉 (as in, the cost for the production and the materials, no markup)

wont say what though, dont want to jepordise the deal.
    its not dodgey or anything, all above board, dont think it would go down well with them if it was advertised to all insundry though

lidl/aldi beto track pump!

one of those sheets of puncture repair patch for a quid, and a tube of rubber solution for a quid = many many many many repaired tubes.

mcboo
    Free Member

Boardmans……and Ti456, in fact most frames at On-One

swoosh
    Free Member

Can't believe the Charge Spoon saddle hasn't been mentioned yet. That's my call.

samuri
    Free Member

inbred

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

SDG Bel-Air at £15

my end of season magura forks imported form the states shortly before the exchange rate crashed and prices went up, I paid less for £450 forks than some people on here are now paying for the 'bargain' SLX chainset!

8.99 KMC chains with powerlinks

superstar pads, im running organic ones at the back, could probably pass them off as new with a good clean!

Aldi 'camelpack', 3ltr bladder, 1 seperate mahoosive storage compartment, big external compression pocket, little pocket that still swallows the essentials (tubes, repair kit, multi tool, phone, keys, wallet, chain lube).

toomanybikes
    Free Member

£350 ono

Digimap
    Free Member

For something with hundreds of fiddly little moving parts, chains are pretty good value.

That's someone who aint bought a chain recently.

zaskar
    Free Member

Tesco allen multi tool £3.99? cheaper than Park and it's cro-mo.

Tesco hydration pk for under a tenner once:

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Most ridiculously under priced bit of bike-related kit?’ is closed to new replies.