Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • Most ridiculously over priced bit of bike-related kit?
  • geoffj

My starter for 10 is the Camelbak Big Bite Valve – £6.99

FFS!

ton

brake pads…………… 😯

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

anything with XTR on it!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    firestarter
    Free Member

xt770 chainrings

samuri
    Free Member

virtually any after market bar mount. See the ten quid you have to pay for a GPS mount or twenty quid for an Exposure light mount.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    jamie@balfa
    Free Member

£449.99 Acros Headset?

Its over priced for a headset but not for the quality & technology.

J

racefaceec90

have to agree with you about camelbak stuff geoffj.when i bought a new camelbak bladder,discovered that it didn't come with the 90 deg lockpiece.that was £7 extra.their cleaning brushes cost £10 for 2 brushes.i still bought em though. 🙄

njee20
    Free Member

Its over priced for a headset but not for the quality & technology

Is it not a pair of full ceramic bearings in a couple of alu cups? Can be had for a whole lot less than £450!

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

This must be a contender:

£800 derailleur

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    hitman
    Free Member

most of it, particularly suspension forks

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Anyone mentioned Jones and any of the other niche-fanboy-frottage-frames yet?

😉

singlespeedstu

One of those sh1tty specializedneeds triple clamp forked cross country bikes.

Cheap but still over priced tat.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Anything by Chris King.

gee
    Free Member

Bike lights. £400 for a battery and some LEDs.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Stu, can you please return my hook, my line and my sinker as soon as possible? Thanks.

singlespeedstu

*yawn*

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oh, sorry, didn't mean to offend your magnificent nicheness. I apologise for riding a mainstream brand, how foolish of me. I really must go and buy something made by a man in a shed, it's bound to be far better, isn't it?

Get over yourself.

nickc

Oh, sorry, didn't mean to offend your magnificent nicheness

yeah you did. This kind of dull reverse snobbery is beneath you.

get over yourself 😉

naokfreek
    Free Member

this will end in tears…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yeah, I did, nickc, you're right. Irony is so hard to type!

Many of the niche/custom frames out there are superb pieces of kit, but I firmly believe that in many cases, people are paying a massive premium just to be different, not better.

nickc

Perhaps. Nowt wrong with different though, depends what you want from your cycling experience I guess.

Pieface

I think the OP has to be close though.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I'd rather have better than different, thanks, regardless of the cost.

nickc

Yeah, i think that's where Jones is coming from as well

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

From riding one, I would disagree. Not that impressed, to be honest. But, takes all sorts.

bassspine
    Free Member

trek make/made a carbon fibre pannier rack. incredibly expensive and very light and capable of carrying a flapjack

singlespeedstu

nickc.

i wouldn't bother wasting your time on him.

His head's so far up his own arse he can't hear you.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oh do go on, Stu, please. It's fun. It's called a "difference of opinion". What it means is, other people have an opinion, regardless. My opinion is that much of the niche stroking "ooh look at me, I'm different!" brigade are paying over the odds just to be different, not necessarily better. I've ridden enough not be be that impressed, but I would be happy to have something made for me in steel at some point in the future. I wouldn't feel the need to trumpet how fantastic it was, however.

What's your opinion of people who buy bikes from large companies with massive R&D budgets and great warranty back up?

singlespeedstu

If that's your idea of fun you must have a very dull life.

singlespeedstu

Nice bit of editing there

What's your opinion of people who buy bikes from large companies with massive R&D budgets and great warranty back up?

What like some of my other bikes you mean.

*yawns again*

aviemoron
    Free Member

£185!

For the xc bike, hmmmmmmmmm.

aP
    Free Member

Outskirts of London dilletante served by Snetter shocker

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*wonders why Stu gets so offended. Decides not to bother wondering any more!"

aviemoron, I reckon almost any of the current vogue for white grips and saddles must rate as overpriced! They'll look tatty soon enough and have to be replaced, meaning you'll have to keep on buying them to keep on looking white and bling and ting!

dano
    Free Member

I like to be different by flting past people who have awesome bikes and no idea how to ride them… i recently went on an organised ride, this one guy was talkin bout his asos shorts and only durace this and that will do…he was competing in races dont you know… well im a fat mountain biker but i still dropped him by about 2 miles in the forst 3 miles…damn that feels good… 😛

bassspine
    Free Member

dano: righteously satisfactory result

singlespeedstu

aP.

I'm the wrong side of the border to be a snetter.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And I don't live in the outskirts of London, either.

dano, have you ever been "roadie chasing"? See a roadie while on a tarmac linking section of an off road ride, razz the nuts off them and overtake, then hide behind the next available hedge!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Most ridiculously over priced bit of bike-related kit?’ is closed to new replies.