Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Most reliable 120mm / 100mm fork
  • Conqueror
    Free Member

Ok after failing to get a manitou minute second hand, im now considering buying a new fork.

What is the most reliable 120 or 100mm fork. Im not too concerned about anything else.

Any views on the Marz Pro Lo 2009?

Is the Fox Vanilla going to get shredded by UK weather?

Im about to build onto a frame that can take 100mmm to 140mm, this will be my only bike. So reliability and cost is important.

jim
    Free Member

Reba?

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

reba seconded. **** brilliant fork, whether you think value, performance, reliability durability. kicks arse on every front.

Love em.

Hairychested
    Free Member

You should’ve wanted my Nixon – 145mm with the rear arch makes a short fork (reliability has never been questioned) for little money.

james
    Free Member

What frame is it?
    Why 100 or 120mm of that range?

Deano
    Free Member

Hi,
    I’m new here.
    Been running a reba fork for two and a half years, around five thousand miles. no problems mostly XC and trail. Had spacer removed & service recently so travel is now 115mm 🙂 extraordinarily good.

Conqueror
    Free Member

Its a dialled PA.

I say 120/100mm .. because i live in a very flat county..

The idea being with this frame i can take the bike almost anywhere in the UK.. but prob go for shorter travel because stuff here is tame and i sometimes ride on road for fitness (this will be the only bike i have)

Also i maybe moving to london in september..

Hairy have u got it still? My main concern was the axle to crown and riding 145mm sometimes on the flat

Jimbo
    Free Member

Don’t restrict yourself to 100-120mm unnecessarily: the PA works *perfectly* with 130mm forks. Revs work just fine 🙂

shinsplints

Recon 351’s are reliable & much cheapness.Also,lots of adjustability from 85mm/100mm/115mm up to 130mm.

thefallguy
    Free Member

Been running a fox float R for two years, around five thousand miles. no problems mostly xc trail riding with peaks and lakes too. They are 120mm, not been serviced but lifted seals recently and oil still looked like new. Love em lots more than my revs on my other bike.

shortbaldone
    Free Member

i like my durins, lighter than light, stiff and track lovely and better than the fox f100rlts i had before, by a long way but cant advise on other choices as never ridden em, durins good thou imho

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

magura’s rock, but they dont have adjustable travel, i’d go for U-turn Rev’s, the you can drop it to 100mm for local trails, nd bump it up a bit for weekends away.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Yes, and the axle-to-crown is only 520mm (with a flexible tape). Interested? Email me if you want privacy 🙂

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Could sell you a pair of minute 2’s for £100?

steve_b77
    Free Member

How about Recon 351 U-Turns, Royles have some brand new ones for £260.

topangarider
    Free Member

I love my menjas, but as you say, no adjustable travel. Try to get hold of last year’s Laurin?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Most reliable 120mm / 100mm fork’ is closed to new replies.