Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Most popular Biker? (who can also talk)
  • Sui
    Free Member

No one here will come up with the right answer without knowing the following;

Target Audience (for the brand), clothes, Personal care, hardware, equipment..?
    Target Geographics, it’s no well saying International, as having seen all this second hand (missus was Brand Manager at BIG FMCG)International marketing always has to be geared towards the largest common denominator.
    Money – there will be an unrealistically low price coming out of someones budget for this.

Se you’ve also said “like biking”, this to me says you have many more appropriate options to choose from, get some one with some Olympic golds would be my advise.

hock

Marc Weir?!

BoardinBob

Mark Beaumont? Not strictly mountain biking but would no doubt be a great speaker.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    hock

@Sui:
    – not looking for a testimonial, thus target group is not the point really
    – it’s not about selling someone a product but about giving an insight into a different world
    – most well-known olympic golds would probably be beyond budget

Thanks anyway! 😉

hora
    Free Member

Pimpmaster Jazz – Member
    Lance Armstrong

Sorry, don’t walk into a thread and smear the bottom of your shoe against some great suggestions. Now go and scrape that shit off your shoe!

kimbers

rob warner

mrhoppy

I’d be looking at someone with either an Olympic reputation (if you get the right one the price isn’t going to be too bad) or one of the expedition climbers. We’ve had some cracking speakers at the local lecture series, best by some distance was Eric Boomer but I think you’ve missed him being here.

If no one knows them, and that covers any mtbers then they need to be really engaging or have a really good story to tell.

eshershore
    Free Member

warner for the win!

hopefully his ripped groin has recovered from this cheeky stunt I was showing him..although this could also be the source of his swearing the past seasons!

scruff
    Free Member

Minaaaar, Yah Bru!

Big-Dave
    Free Member

What about Robert Penn (He wrote ‘Its all about the bike’)? I think he talks at all sorts of events and comes across as a pretty interesting fella. Easy to get hold of through Twitter as well and probably a damn sight cheaper that a lot of the big names. Not a racer but has just done a big ride with Freddie Flintoff.

ell_tell
    Free Member

If gravity discipline not essestial then I was going to suggest Nick Craig as above, or Oli Beckingsdale.

cookeaa

T-Mo is very articulate and professional (not to mention successful).

And she’s dabbled in other discplines as well as transitioning very well from DH to Enduro – which may offer a useful business message for your clients.

+1 or maybe Kathy Sessler, possibly more interesting as ahe’s made the transition form Racer to Team managment in what is TBH quite a “Male” sport still…

drummer
    Free Member

Hannah Barnes

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Adam Brayton

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed2DTuHB0Mk[/video]

chakaping
    Free Member

Marc Weir?!

Great rider and seems like a character, but will your audience relate better to somebody who’s got the achievement of being a world champion and/or world cup series winner?

And wouldn’t it be pricey to fly him in from the US? This is in the UK isn;t it?

If you’ve got a blank chequebook, consider Jared Graves too. 4X legend, BMX Olympian, Enduro machine, DH world championship bronze medalist.

Also seems v down to earth from his blogs.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Sorry, don’t walk into a thread and smear the bottom of your shoe against some great suggestions. Now go and scrape that shit off your shoe!

😆

He has a great story and is very eloquent speaker!

(Not to mention short of a penny or two)

Northwind

Dan Atherton seems to be able to both develop independant thoughts, and express them, not to mention having an interesting career and having done a huge range of events.

JEngledow
    Free Member

If it’s the corporate side you want then how about one of the team managers (Kathy Sessler -Santa Cruz Syndicate or Dan Brown -Atherton Racing) or someone from Hope, Orange etc?

mtbmatt
    Free Member

What about Mike Hall?
    Held the round-the-world cycle record and also Tour Divide record holder. Plenty of solid 24hr solo results including a win at Strathpuffer.

Eloquent and educated and I am sure he has plenty of good stories to tell.

tomhughes46

A bit different, and not an MTBer, but Peter Keen CBE came to my work for something random and I was lucky enough to spend some time with him. Was amazing, and a fantastic blend of commercial and inspiring/motivating with a load of amazing anecdotes.

billysugger
    Free Member

For me the dream team (might cost a bit in air fares) would be Brett Tippie for raw enthusiasm showing how this hobby gets in your blood for life and Greg Minaar for pure professionalism and focus.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Emily Batty would go down well(not literally)i imagine

Interesting I’ve just realised that Hannah Barnes the mtber isn’t the same as Hannah Barnes the roadie…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

TMo

hock

Many thanks again! Quite like the idea of having a team of two or three different characters to show the variety of the sport and have also different roles (inspiring, cray, corporate, success in sport, success in managing). One could then easily do a little podium discussion at the end with questions from the audience etc.

hock

P.S.: These three would be a nice team. 😉

paulski
    Free Member

2nd For Peter Keen – he was my lecturer at University and is a very interesting articulate man – plus he can give more of an insight into Olympic Cycling then possibly anyone else out there.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Assuming you want articulate and talking to corporates, TMo would be hard to beat and was the first to spring to mind.

Otherwise, James Fairbank of Rapha (head of marketing) is good (I should know, I booked him once!) on the talks scene and does this a lot.

ruffride
    Free Member

Warner all the way he’s been there all the way an he can tone it down now days.
    But CG if you want to sell it as his style with speed on the bike talks for him, but he can also talk a good game

jimmy

How about Chris Ball – knows the scene inside out and bloody nice chap.

drummer
    Free Member

Plus one for Mike Hall

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Most popular Biker? (who can also talk)’ is closed to new replies.