Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Most mental bike ever witnessed?
  • nickc

tinsy, I've got a photo of that thing somewhere, I think the bloke rode it to the burger bar at the bottom of Chavannes, and would park it up, try to impress all the 14 year girls that hung about there. and that was it, I suspect it wasn't actually ridable off road.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Oh yes! Nearly there with that pic, but what I saw has you beaten on two counts:

1. Budget frame
    2, Dangerously installed forks.

I'm sure yours will snap too though one day!

Re those Treks; first one, if I catch you I'll bloody kill you for doing that to such a specimen. Second one, doesn't look too mental, just a mishmash of bits, but nothing overly wrong. Those are the road forks that RS did aren't they, not Mag 21s? They had 15mm travel I think.

A bit off topic, but I'm surprised there aren't more suspension forks available for road bikes. For training long miles I'd have thought plenty would find a benefit, especially the way the roads are round here. I suppose you'd get bullied to actual death by the road equivalent of STW though.

molgrips
    Free Member

My father in law has something like this

But not ti, and crappily specced. It is an utter abomination. Virtually impossible to ride, definitely impossible to ride at over 17mph no matter how hard I tried, and it totally f*cked my back after only a 15 mile ride (that took about 2 hours of gruelling pain and concentration just to stay moving). Couldn't walk properly for two days.

FWIW at Swinley my Orange 5 is very very fast indeed, much more so than my Kona Heihei 🙂

blacksheep
    Free Member

Someone else on here might remember an old guy (easy 60+) doing the '08 megaavalanche on a carbon hardtail whippet XC bike, not the most mental bike ever but pretty insane given his surroundings, plus it was someone I could actually overtake!!!!

crazy-legs

Thread revived to post this monstrosity:

Road bike with Gravity Dropper seatpost, fairings, cable discs and a very strange chainring combination…

Eccles
    Free Member

Crazy legs, that's not a fairing, it's a sail.

The keen eyed will also spot the bottle which, given it's position, is best described as a keel. Note also the Garmin GPS with depth sounder mounted on the handlebars (or "tiller" as it is properly known in the context of this cockpit), the reefable seatpost and the SPD adapted to accomodate a leg hewn from the jawbone of a whale after it's captain was dismasted by a cachalot in the South China Seas.

Basically, we're dealing with a boat here. It's the Pequod of the cycling world.

psychle
    Free Member

there must be a reason for it? riot bike perhaps?

adeward
    Free Member

i should realy post preston on here but he has had too much publicity this week ,,

nickc

That Giant, Perhaps the bloke lives where there is a ferocious headwind, so he ducks down behind the fairing, drops the saddle, drops into the teeny chainring…and there's a massssive hill

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Most mental bike ever witnessed?’ is closed to new replies.